I just got the AD-700 and already want to do a re-wire on them. The driver wiring is confusing. There is a white wire all alone, a red and blue wire and the right driver connected to that. Anyone know how to re-wire these headphones or know what the wiring scheme is at all?
Related Forum Threads
- Bose On-Ear Vs. Audio Technica ATH Series Last post on 12/27/10 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD-700 Grill Colors Thoughts (Pics included) Last post on 9/21/10 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about the AD700 Last post on 9/18/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the AD-700 Last post on 9/17/10 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My impressions of the AD700 after a year. Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
Help with re-wiring the AD-700post #1 of 129/17/10 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/17/10 at 2:12pmpost #3 of 129/17/10 at 2:31pmThread Starter
i know how to wire the jack, just dont have a multimeter or know how to use one. someone here has to have info on which channel goes where.post #4 of 129/17/10 at 5:48pm
I think if you use mogami 2534 and a NP3X-B Neutrik connector you can just solder one blue cable to one of the pins (Neutrik pin) and one to the other.
Then combine the two negative wires (clear wires) and solder them to the ground.
That way you don't need a multi-meter.
This probably doesn't make any sense but anyway....
You can get everything at Redco.compost #5 of 129/17/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter
it makes sense to a point. i just dont understand how the wires are soldered onto the ad700's. on my hd555, each driver had a signal ground. on these, it all goes onto the left driver somehow and i understand that to a point. just dont understand why one side is soldered to the same signal as the driver and ground. if youve seen a picture you will know what i mean. the white wire is where i got lost. its all alone and goes from the left driver to the plug. could the white wire just be a signal wire that goes from the driver to the plug? then the others would make sense as being a ground/signal. but id like to do a dual entry if i could on these not just a single entry. that is where i get lost.post #6 of 129/17/10 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #7 of 129/17/10 at 6:48pmThread Starter
as you can see i just made up the picture and guessed what went where. there is a red going to a red, a brown and blue going together, and then a white. this all goes into the plug. i would take the plug apart, but its got hard plastic out around and i have no idea how to get that off. someone has to know how to dual wire these phones.post #8 of 129/17/10 at 8:01pm
Don't worry the way the stock cords go in.
The mogami cord just has 4 strands. 2 blue, and 2 clear.
I can't tell from the picture but the AD700 should have to main leads, one with a + sign and one with a -.
If it doesn't have the marks then you'll need a multi-meter to find out which is HOT and which is Ground (+ and -).
For each driver solder the blue wire to the + and solder the clear cable to the -.
Then follow the configuration of my last post for how to connect the wires to the Neutrik connector.post #9 of 129/17/10 at 8:11pmpost #10 of 129/17/10 at 8:18pm
There you go! Simple as pie.
Although if you do plan on recabling your probably going to have to make a channel for the cord.
So a dremel may come in handy.post #11 of 129/17/10 at 8:26pmpost #12 of 129/17/10 at 8:37pmThread Starter
kulawend that is what i am planning. anyways, i am pretty sure which is the + and - of my wiring now. does the white wire only connect the phones to the cord? does that go as the ground then or what? anyways, i think i want to sell the ad700 and the hd555 and save up for a pair of 650 who already has the wiring i want.
- Help with re-wiring the AD-700
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Etymotic hf5 - Brand New - In Box - Never Used & a Great Deal!! 2 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K545 Black with orange/copper color portable headphones, mint 5 minutes ago
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear