I just got the AD-700 and already want to do a re-wire on them. The driver wiring is confusing. There is a white wire all alone, a red and blue wire and the right driver connected to that. Anyone know how to re-wire these headphones or know what the wiring scheme is at all?
Related Forum Threads
- Bose On-Ear Vs. Audio Technica ATH Series Last post on 12/27/10 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD-700 Grill Colors Thoughts (Pics included) Last post on 9/21/10 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about the AD700 Last post on 9/18/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the AD-700 Last post on 9/17/10 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My impressions of the AD700 after a year. Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
Help with re-wiring the AD-700post #1 of 129/17/10 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/17/10 at 2:12pmpost #3 of 129/17/10 at 2:31pmThread Starter
i know how to wire the jack, just dont have a multimeter or know how to use one. someone here has to have info on which channel goes where.post #4 of 129/17/10 at 5:48pm
I think if you use mogami 2534 and a NP3X-B Neutrik connector you can just solder one blue cable to one of the pins (Neutrik pin) and one to the other.
Then combine the two negative wires (clear wires) and solder them to the ground.
That way you don't need a multi-meter.
This probably doesn't make any sense but anyway....
You can get everything at Redco.compost #5 of 129/17/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter
it makes sense to a point. i just dont understand how the wires are soldered onto the ad700's. on my hd555, each driver had a signal ground. on these, it all goes onto the left driver somehow and i understand that to a point. just dont understand why one side is soldered to the same signal as the driver and ground. if youve seen a picture you will know what i mean. the white wire is where i got lost. its all alone and goes from the left driver to the plug. could the white wire just be a signal wire that goes from the driver to the plug? then the others would make sense as being a ground/signal. but id like to do a dual entry if i could on these not just a single entry. that is where i get lost.post #6 of 129/17/10 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #7 of 129/17/10 at 6:48pmThread Starter
as you can see i just made up the picture and guessed what went where. there is a red going to a red, a brown and blue going together, and then a white. this all goes into the plug. i would take the plug apart, but its got hard plastic out around and i have no idea how to get that off. someone has to know how to dual wire these phones.post #8 of 129/17/10 at 8:01pm
Don't worry the way the stock cords go in.
The mogami cord just has 4 strands. 2 blue, and 2 clear.
I can't tell from the picture but the AD700 should have to main leads, one with a + sign and one with a -.
If it doesn't have the marks then you'll need a multi-meter to find out which is HOT and which is Ground (+ and -).
For each driver solder the blue wire to the + and solder the clear cable to the -.
Then follow the configuration of my last post for how to connect the wires to the Neutrik connector.post #9 of 129/17/10 at 8:11pmpost #10 of 129/17/10 at 8:18pm
There you go! Simple as pie.
Although if you do plan on recabling your probably going to have to make a channel for the cord.
So a dremel may come in handy.post #11 of 129/17/10 at 8:26pmpost #12 of 129/17/10 at 8:37pmThread Starter
kulawend that is what i am planning. anyways, i am pretty sure which is the + and - of my wiring now. does the white wire only connect the phones to the cord? does that go as the ground then or what? anyways, i think i want to sell the ad700 and the hd555 and save up for a pair of 650 who already has the wiring i want.
- Help with re-wiring the AD-700
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 34 seconds ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Can you hear a difference between MP3 and lossless? 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear