Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Thinksound TS02+mic - an Exercise in Relaxation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Thinksound TS02+mic - an Exercise in Relaxation - Page 5

post #61 of 71

@Joker, Could you please let me know if TS02 will be an upgrade from M2? I'm having M2 and I really like it but if TS02 will be an upgrade from M2 then I will grab it

post #62 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by visanj View Post

@Joker, Could you please let me know if TS02 will be an upgrade from M2? I'm having M2 and I really like it but if TS02 will be an upgrade from M2 then I will grab it


I wouldn't call it a straight-up upgrade. The M2 is the same as the ViSang R03, which I compared to the Thinksound on the first page of this thread. The newer MS01 model is more of an upgrade if you like a slightly v-shaped sound. 

post #63 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


I wouldn't call it a straight-up upgrade. The M2 is the same as the ViSang R03, which I compared to the Thinksound on the first page of this thread. The newer MS01 model is more of an upgrade if you like a slightly v-shaped sound. 

 

 

Thanks for ur opinion. I am more inclined towards M2 like sound (mids and not v-shaped)...and thats why I'm sceptical about TS02

post #64 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by visanj View Post

 

 

Thanks for ur opinion. I am more inclined towards M2 like sound (mids and not v-shaped)...and thats why I'm sceptical about TS02


You might want to go in a different direction for you upgrade, then - maybe something like a Sunrise Xcape IE (if you don't mind the build quality) or VSonic GR06.

post #65 of 71

Thanks for your opinion

 

Anyways I have ordered Thinksound TS02 from amazon.com but I'm worried about shipping as I'm from India

 

Not sure when it will get delivered and also not sure about RMA if in case any quality issue occurs

 

I wanted to buy Monster MDT but since due to high cost and quality issues I was holding my purchase but after you compared TS02 with MDT I am more eager to listen to TS02

post #66 of 71

I received thinksound ts02+mic from amazon.com

 

@joker, for me the highs are little more fatigue when compared to Brainwavz M2. Does it need burn-in?

post #67 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by visanj View Post

I received thinksound ts02+mic from amazon.com

 

@joker, for me the highs are little more fatigue when compared to Brainwavz M2. Does it need burn-in?


The M2 highs are quite smooth, I don't think the TS02 ever gets to that level of smoothness and always sounds a little v-shaped. 

post #68 of 71

After around 40 hours burn-in, Thinksound TS02 sounds little bit similar to M2 but not as soft as Joker said

 

But right now I"m listening through my office Dell Desktop with crappy on board sound card (as I don't have any other source now) but Thinksound TS02 really forgives source and recording. I LIKE THAT

post #69 of 71

having recently caught this disorder, i've cycled through a number of iems in the $50-100 range and keep coming back to the ts-02s. while, as others have noted they're bass-forward and consequently less "accurate" or balanced than some of their more celebrated peers (etymotic, vsonic, etc.), i submit that the ts-o2s rule for several reasons:

1. they're imminently user-friendly-- comfortable as hell, less sensitive to placement/tips;

2. they're very easy to drive with a mobile phone and don't require an external amp;

3. they make everything (even lousy compressed mp3 files) sound good; not so ruthlessly revealing as make poor-quality sources unlistenable;

4. the low end is very palpable without sounding artifically boosted or mucking up the rest of the spectrum; and

5. they have very responsive customer service ( i don't care particularly about the made-in-the-us/enviro-friendly thing--i figure kids in those chinese sweatshops need to eat, too--but i'm a sucker for good business).

post #70 of 71
Thread Starter 
Glad to see these still have their fans!
post #71 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

the TS02 was my gateway drug to the world of higher quality IEMs

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Thinksound TS02+mic - an Exercise in Relaxation