Indeed, you guys have got it rough.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/16/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 9/16/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/10
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 9/16/10
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/16/10
Related Forum Threads
- 7 closed headphones vs Dynaudio BM15 monitors (SRH840, ATH-M50, ATH-A900, RH-300, Q40, HFI-680,... Last post on 1/25/13 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- trying to pick a good dj headphone ie. dj1, xone xd-53 Last post on 10/27/10 at 1:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mid-range headphones. ATH-M50, Sennheiser PX-360, Shure SRH840, what to buy? Last post on 6/5/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
[review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Page 4post #46 of 1245/31/11 at 12:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1245/31/11 at 6:15pm
If it helps, I finally took the plunge and snagged a pair from BuyDig (an authorized dealer with a 45 day return policy) for $236.69 shipped. To get that price, I:
1. added the Pioneer HDJ-2000 to my cart,
2. added a JVC Mini DVD-R disc to my cart (since it was the cheapest item I could find that put my total over $250), and
3. applied the coupon "BUYDIGCLUB15" to get $15 off of orders over $250.
The coupon may be set to expire at the end of today, so I'd jump on it now if you're interested.post #48 of 1245/31/11 at 10:09pmpost #49 of 1245/31/11 at 11:50pmpost #50 of 1246/1/11 at 3:56ampost #51 of 1246/1/11 at 9:58pmpost #52 of 1246/11/11 at 9:11pmBumping this up for more impressions. I just pulled the trigger on these today from a seller on eBay for $213 shipped. They were listed as new other (open box/display model) and are supposedly in great condition and genuine. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. Hopefully they are legit!post #53 of 1246/12/11 at 12:25amThread Starterpost #54 of 1246/15/11 at 9:38pmpost #55 of 1246/16/11 at 11:01am
I just received them yesterday and from what I can tell, they're legit. The most impressive aspect about these (besides the build quality) has to be the bass extension. It's a full-bodied bass which is neither excessive or boomy, but impactful. The mids are nice and the highs are definitely not as sharp as the M50's. I did some A/Bing last night and I find the HDJ-2000's sound a little more natural and balanced while the M50's are definitely more colored and aggressive (which is not a necessarily a bad thing - it can be fun to listen to). A couple of caveats are the isolation - not as good as the M50's but definitely decent. And I noticed the driver touches my left ear (and I don't have big ears) just a tad. Not painful, just noticeable and sometimes annoying. But overall - I'm glad it was $200 I spent on them and not $400. The build quality is amazing but the sound is not worth $400 IMHO. I'd say it's reasonable price at $200-$250.
Anyway, take my impressions for a grain of salt as I'm still getting to know these headphones. Will post more impressions soon! :)post #56 of 1246/16/11 at 1:57pmThread Starterpost #57 of 1246/16/11 at 8:30pm
Thanks Armaegis, I'll have to try that. It's weird; a driver is only touching my left ear but my right ear couldn't be better. Learned something new about myself: my left ear stands slightly more out than my right ear. You wouldn't be able to tell by seeing them but I just think it's funny I learned this through new headphones. I used them portably today, which wasn't so shabby. If I had to rate their isolation out of 10 I'd give them a 7. The only issue was that driver on my left ear. Became a little painful after a while and I kept shifting the headphone to no avail. But I will try either gauze or cotton balls.
At this point, I'm still evaluating the sound. I find myself getting immersed into the music - definitely bobbing my head more. :) But I mostly have the same impressions so far. Very detailed and very balanced indeed and I love the refined bass. I'd say the headphone does just about everything right.post #58 of 1246/16/11 at 9:08pmpost #59 of 1246/16/11 at 9:12pmThread Starter
It actually wasn't my ears that needed the clearance, but the corners of my head. I have a very square head, and the rounded band of the HDJ-2000 would just touch those corners which wasn't painful but just... odd feeling.post #60 of 1246/17/11 at 12:49pm
Yeah I can imagine the comfort with these headphones rely very much so on the shape of your head. My head is round so it conforms to my head just fine - it's just the left driver touching my ear that's the issue.
So usually when I get headphones these days, I usually know sooner than later which are a keeper and which I'm gonna sell/trade since I'm not the richest person and always want to try more stuff. I'm always looking for 'phones that are more portable and isolate while remaining comfortable (and style plays a factor too), however sound is my number one priority. For a moment today, I thought, 'what if I try to trade them for the DT1350's?' Then I put them on again and here's my verdict:
HDJ-2000's are keepers! I can't sell or trade them. They're just too good to sell in that they do pretty much everything right and that can be very rare in a headphone. The bass response is amazing. The mids are upfront, not lacking at all. The highs are definitely there and present - not sharp or fatiguing at all. And the build quality is out of this world. I'm just a big fan of natural, full sound and I find nothing artificial about these. They're actually pretty reference IMO without being boring in any way. The music seems to surround me and yeah, I love them. My only caveats are how shallow the earcups are and I wish the isolation was stronger (then I'd have my perfect headphone) but these are very small complaints. I love the sound, period.
Edited by roma101 - 6/17/11 at 12:57pm
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New member 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 16 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 25 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 29 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 56 seconds ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Michelle - New Affordable Triple Driver IEM! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear