reshelling means a company will crack open you earphone. Grab the three different armatures inside. Then put them in a shell that is custom made for your ears. Is the best thing to do in you situation and roughly 145 USD. A huge win. However you will need to send in some ear impressions (no big deal).
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for guidance on recabling effort for Shure E500 Last post on 7/27/12 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rewire My Shure E500s Last post on 6/11/12 at 4:36pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Shure SCL4 woes and what to buy next. Am I right to be paranoid? Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure E500 replacement (E530) Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Push To Listen Microphone? Last post on 3/27/11 at 11:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Hi End Cables
Shure wants $145 to fix my E500 cables--Do it? Or move on? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'd send to BTG for recabling or get a credit towards new. Reshelling will change the sound as the wax filter Shure uses will be gone and it has a sonic effect. The tips are gone and that changes things and the bore will change and it's also a sonic difference. the way they combine the bore will be different or not there. The woofers are vented and the cavity they vent to will almost definitely change. It's not like a resheller can't compensate but it's not as easy as some make it sound.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/21/13 at 7:18am
I reshelled my Shure SE530 with UM and added 3 drivers to get 6-driver customs. Costs 450$ and sound great. But you can reshell without adding drivers and you will get much better comfort for 169$ plus price of impressions.
As the thread starter i thought id just post that i went with sending in 145 plus tax and
getting a brand new SE535. Im happy with this decision so far. Sounds the same as my SE500
and the price was right.
Only concern is that getting the tips off is a nightmare. They come out of the box with the Factory installed black foam - i finally got it off, and put it right back back on. That's the one i'm using. If they came off easily and safely (my last pair tube snapped off) id be more inclined to try out the different types.
But best to leave well enough alone.
Speecher, can i ask how you were able to get this done? I had cable problems with my SE530's and contacted Shure customer service and was told there was nothign they could do! No repairs, no replacement, no upgrade to SE535. Even if i paid!
First of all, i need to edit my last post. It wasnt 145 but $240 due to infation etc..
But to answer your question, i just called. Told them i wanted to repair a e500 and that was that...
Try calling the Shure service:
5800 West Touhy Avenue Niles IL 60714-4608
Phone: 847-600-2000 Fax: 847-600-1212
They told me that i had to send it back for repair, and once they saw it was oudated, they would recommened a replacement. The 530 is also outdated, so i would think they would do the same for you. It seems to be their policy.
Good Luck and let me know if you had success!
- Shure wants $145 to fix my E500 cables--Do it? Or move on?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audio-gd NFB-1 (2015) 7 seconds ago
- › Westone 3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 3 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed). 4 minutes ago
- › German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 6 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Final Audio Design Heaven 7, Heaven 8, and Lab 1 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3