reshelling means a company will crack open you earphone. Grab the three different armatures inside. Then put them in a shell that is custom made for your ears. Is the best thing to do in you situation and roughly 145 USD. A huge win. However you will need to send in some ear impressions (no big deal).
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for guidance on recabling effort for Shure E500 Last post on 7/27/12 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rewire My Shure E500s Last post on 6/11/12 at 4:36pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Shure SCL4 woes and what to buy next. Am I right to be paranoid? Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure E500 replacement (E530) Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Push To Listen Microphone? Last post on 3/27/11 at 11:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/12/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Shure wants $145 to fix my E500 cables--Do it? Or move on? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 372/21/13 at 7:15am
I'd send to BTG for recabling or get a credit towards new. Reshelling will change the sound as the wax filter Shure uses will be gone and it has a sonic effect. The tips are gone and that changes things and the bore will change and it's also a sonic difference. the way they combine the bore will be different or not there. The woofers are vented and the cavity they vent to will almost definitely change. It's not like a resheller can't compensate but it's not as easy as some make it sound.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/21/13 at 7:18ampost #33 of 372/21/13 at 10:41pm
I reshelled my Shure SE530 with UM and added 3 drivers to get 6-driver customs. Costs 450$ and sound great. But you can reshell without adding drivers and you will get much better comfort for 169$ plus price of impressions.post #34 of 374/11/13 at 9:40am
As the thread starter i thought id just post that i went with sending in 145 plus tax and
getting a brand new SE535. Im happy with this decision so far. Sounds the same as my SE500
and the price was right.
Only concern is that getting the tips off is a nightmare. They come out of the box with the Factory installed black foam - i finally got it off, and put it right back back on. That's the one i'm using. If they came off easily and safely (my last pair tube snapped off) id be more inclined to try out the different types.
But best to leave well enough alone.
post #35 of 374/11/13 at 4:14pm
Speecher, can i ask how you were able to get this done? I had cable problems with my SE530's and contacted Shure customer service and was told there was nothign they could do! No repairs, no replacement, no upgrade to SE535. Even if i paid!post #36 of 374/17/13 at 7:43pm
First of all, i need to edit my last post. It wasnt 145 but $240 due to infation etc..
But to answer your question, i just called. Told them i wanted to repair a e500 and that was that...
Try calling the Shure service:
5800 West Touhy Avenue Niles IL 60714-4608
Phone: 847-600-2000 Fax: 847-600-1212
They told me that i had to send it back for repair, and once they saw it was oudated, they would recommened a replacement. The 530 is also outdated, so i would think they would do the same for you. It seems to be their policy.
Good Luck and let me know if you had success!post #37 of 374/19/13 at 2:47pmI want to say that the head of the repairs department is named John Bourne but its been so long since I called but he always helped me out when I needed repairs done on mine. I never had to pay out of pocket.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure wants $145 to fix my E500 cables--Do it? Or move on?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Studio Six - A Reference Headphone Amp from ALO Audio - Now Available! 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Is this the best Ultrasone can offer? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 + case 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu Titan 1 - MINT!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2