i've been using my HUD-MX1 as both a headphone amp and DAC for a week now and it's fantastic. I have nothing to compare it to but for the money I spent I consider it a bargain.
Related Forum Threads
- Audinst HUD-MX1: High or Low Resistance Setting? Last post on 1/28/11 at 12:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audinst HUD MX1 w/ K702? Last post on 9/14/10 at 8:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage plus Audinst MX-1 Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audinst HUD-MX1 vs. Tian Yun Zero Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
- Headphone Impedance
Can anyone vouch for the Audinst MX-1? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What cans are you using?
I have it and I think its great! It can drive my very detailed DBA-02 iems with out any hiss and makes them sound significantly better than just straight out of an iPod. With my big, colored cans I find it to be very satisfactory. It brings out the details and enhances the overall music presentation. It makes the music feel "powerfull" and balanced. I can definitely notice a difference between mp3 and lossless files when I use it. I think your Grados should pair quite well with it, just like mine!
- Can anyone vouch for the Audinst MX-1?
- › Is there a difference between 128kbps and 320kbps 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2