i've been using my HUD-MX1 as both a headphone amp and DAC for a week now and it's fantastic. I have nothing to compare it to but for the money I spent I consider it a bargain.
Related Forum Threads
- Audinst HUD-MX1: High or Low Resistance Setting? Last post on 1/28/11 at 12:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audinst HUD MX1 w/ K702? Last post on 9/14/10 at 8:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage plus Audinst MX-1 Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audinst HUD-MX1 vs. Tian Yun Zero Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Headphone Impedance
Can anyone vouch for the Audinst MX-1? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What cans are you using?
I have it and I think its great! It can drive my very detailed DBA-02 iems with out any hiss and makes them sound significantly better than just straight out of an iPod. With my big, colored cans I find it to be very satisfactory. It brings out the details and enhances the overall music presentation. It makes the music feel "powerfull" and balanced. I can definitely notice a difference between mp3 and lossless files when I use it. I think your Grados should pair quite well with it, just like mine!
- Can anyone vouch for the Audinst MX-1?
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 second ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 13 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones with angled drivers 36 seconds ago
- › ever heard of this? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)