i've been using my HUD-MX1 as both a headphone amp and DAC for a week now and it's fantastic. I have nothing to compare it to but for the money I spent I consider it a bargain.
Related Forum Threads
- Audinst HUD-MX1: High or Low Resistance Setting? Last post on 1/28/11 at 12:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audinst HUD MX1 w/ K702? Last post on 9/14/10 at 8:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage plus Audinst MX-1 Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audinst HUD-MX1 vs. Tian Yun Zero Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
- Headphone Impedance
Can anyone vouch for the Audinst MX-1? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What cans are you using?
I have it and I think its great! It can drive my very detailed DBA-02 iems with out any hiss and makes them sound significantly better than just straight out of an iPod. With my big, colored cans I find it to be very satisfactory. It brings out the details and enhances the overall music presentation. It makes the music feel "powerfull" and balanced. I can definitely notice a difference between mp3 and lossless files when I use it. I think your Grados should pair quite well with it, just like mine!
- Can anyone vouch for the Audinst MX-1?
- › Band Name Game II 4 seconds ago
- › Gustard H10 new just out of box and foam, something is loose and... 11 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 16 seconds ago
- › AKG 7xx vs. HD600 for female vocals 23 seconds ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 59 seconds ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Any Aphex Twin fans around? 1 minute ago
- › HUGO with FOSTEX TH900/SilverDragon vs. HUGO with McIntosh MHP1000 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)