- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Portable Headphone] Fischer Audio Old School RPM 33 1/3 Pics Neutral, portable, & Fun!? Last post on 2/13/15 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost my Fischer Audio's DBA-02, do i get IE8 Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good clear IEM without amp. Last post on 9/9/10 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Absolute best sounding IEM's for no more than $100post #1 of 119/14/10 at 5:34pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of classic metal and classic rock but I want IEMs that are great across the board generally. How are the klipsch image s4's compared to similarly priced cans?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 119/14/10 at 7:13pmpost #3 of 119/14/10 at 7:16pm
try the Fischer Audio products. Silver Bullets or Eterna are less than $100. Silver Bullets are more bass heavy but sound great for rock. I like them better than the Klipsch S4 (I've listened to). I own the Klipsch X10 which sound great but are well over the $100 you're looking for.post #4 of 119/14/10 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by 4sound
try the Fischer Audio products. Silver Bullets or Eterna are less than $100. Silver Bullets are more bass heavy but sound great for rock. I like them better than the Klipsch S4 (I've listened to). I own the Klipsch X10 which sound great but are well over the $100 you're looking for.
It's the Eterna that should be more bass heavy shouldnt it?
post #5 of 119/14/10 at 7:43pmpost #6 of 119/19/10 at 9:36pmpost #7 of 119/19/10 at 9:48pm
SB = more sub-bass, Eterna = more mid-bass. I too think the SBs actually edge out the Eterna for bass quantity, despite them having very different presentations.post #8 of 119/19/10 at 9:52pmpost #9 of 119/19/10 at 10:19pmIt's hard to explain. It is certainly more balanced than than the Eterna - bass domination isn't what we are talking about. It's more that it just has deeper sub-bass. Overall there is less bass (if you count both sub and mid-bass) than the Eterna, but the sub-bass is about the same or a bit more than the Eterna. The rest of the spectrum does a good job of balancing that out though.post #10 of 119/20/10 at 12:22pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Absolute best sounding IEM's for no more than $100
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 28 seconds ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 32 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear