- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Portable Headphone] Fischer Audio Old School RPM 33 1/3 Pics Neutral, portable, & Fun!? Last post on 2/13/15 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost my Fischer Audio's DBA-02, do i get IE8 Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good clear IEM without amp. Last post on 9/9/10 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Absolute best sounding IEM's for no more than $100post #1 of 119/14/10 at 5:34pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of classic metal and classic rock but I want IEMs that are great across the board generally. How are the klipsch image s4's compared to similarly priced cans?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 119/14/10 at 7:13pmpost #3 of 119/14/10 at 7:16pm
try the Fischer Audio products. Silver Bullets or Eterna are less than $100. Silver Bullets are more bass heavy but sound great for rock. I like them better than the Klipsch S4 (I've listened to). I own the Klipsch X10 which sound great but are well over the $100 you're looking for.post #4 of 119/14/10 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by 4sound
try the Fischer Audio products. Silver Bullets or Eterna are less than $100. Silver Bullets are more bass heavy but sound great for rock. I like them better than the Klipsch S4 (I've listened to). I own the Klipsch X10 which sound great but are well over the $100 you're looking for.
It's the Eterna that should be more bass heavy shouldnt it?
post #5 of 119/14/10 at 7:43pmpost #6 of 119/19/10 at 9:36pmpost #7 of 119/19/10 at 9:48pm
SB = more sub-bass, Eterna = more mid-bass. I too think the SBs actually edge out the Eterna for bass quantity, despite them having very different presentations.post #8 of 119/19/10 at 9:52pmpost #9 of 119/19/10 at 10:19pmIt's hard to explain. It is certainly more balanced than than the Eterna - bass domination isn't what we are talking about. It's more that it just has deeper sub-bass. Overall there is less bass (if you count both sub and mid-bass) than the Eterna, but the sub-bass is about the same or a bit more than the Eterna. The rest of the spectrum does a good job of balancing that out though.post #10 of 119/20/10 at 12:22pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Absolute best sounding IEM's for no more than $100
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LZ-A3 2 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › getting more worn out from listening? 5 minutes ago
- › GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › PayPal woes - Alternatives (Google Wallet, etc)?? 10 minutes ago
- › RHA DAC/AMP M1 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...