- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Portable Headphone] Fischer Audio Old School RPM 33 1/3 Pics Neutral, portable, & Fun!? Last post on 2/13/15 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost my Fischer Audio's DBA-02, do i get IE8 Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good clear IEM without amp. Last post on 9/9/10 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Absolute best sounding IEM's for no more than $100post #1 of 119/14/10 at 5:34pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of classic metal and classic rock but I want IEMs that are great across the board generally. How are the klipsch image s4's compared to similarly priced cans?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 119/14/10 at 7:13pmpost #3 of 119/14/10 at 7:16pm
try the Fischer Audio products. Silver Bullets or Eterna are less than $100. Silver Bullets are more bass heavy but sound great for rock. I like them better than the Klipsch S4 (I've listened to). I own the Klipsch X10 which sound great but are well over the $100 you're looking for.post #4 of 119/14/10 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by 4sound
try the Fischer Audio products. Silver Bullets or Eterna are less than $100. Silver Bullets are more bass heavy but sound great for rock. I like them better than the Klipsch S4 (I've listened to). I own the Klipsch X10 which sound great but are well over the $100 you're looking for.
It's the Eterna that should be more bass heavy shouldnt it?
post #5 of 119/14/10 at 7:43pmpost #6 of 119/19/10 at 9:36pmpost #7 of 119/19/10 at 9:48pm
SB = more sub-bass, Eterna = more mid-bass. I too think the SBs actually edge out the Eterna for bass quantity, despite them having very different presentations.post #8 of 119/19/10 at 9:52pmpost #9 of 119/19/10 at 10:19pmIt's hard to explain. It is certainly more balanced than than the Eterna - bass domination isn't what we are talking about. It's more that it just has deeper sub-bass. Overall there is less bass (if you count both sub and mid-bass) than the Eterna, but the sub-bass is about the same or a bit more than the Eterna. The rest of the spectrum does a good job of balancing that out though.post #10 of 119/20/10 at 12:22pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Absolute best sounding IEM's for no more than $100
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece just now
- › Were the Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials wearing audiophile headphones? 26 seconds ago
- › How to fix irritating sound 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)