Indeed they do. My whole PC set up/speakers are black, as is the stand I have purchased. The Woos just add a little more class to space imo
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Headphone storage - Page 2post #16 of 299/20/10 at 3:59pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 299/20/10 at 4:02pmQuote:
When I use to listen to music a lot, yes. But now I prefer having them in boxes. I have some Woo, Stax and other stands. Some people use banana hangers. Those Sieveking Omega stands look nice.Quote:
2: Do people use a cover over a headphone stand?
2a: if so, what brand?
If you dont want dust on your headphones, yes.
The only brand of those I have are Stax. Any plastic bag will do the job. I have also seen plastic vinyl record sleeves used as covers for headphone stands. They're easily found on eBay.post #18 of 299/20/10 at 4:39pmpost #19 of 299/20/10 at 7:10pm
i use the sennheiser headphone stands that have the adjustable clamps. they are relatively cheap, compact, unobtrusive, and functional. i own three of them already, but plan on getting more as my collection grows.post #20 of 2912/6/10 at 12:06pm
This is what I use - a couple of Sennheiser HH10 holders clamped to a shelf, with hooks underneath to hang the cable.
Also have some shelves to store amps, DACs etc. Need another shelf, though, I have more amps than will fit.
On the side at the bottom is the headphone that is in current use, on the little credenza is an Audio Gd FUN DAC/Amp which is what I was currently listening to.
This stuff is directly behind my chair at my PC desk, the wide-angle lens makes the space look bigger than it really is. I just swivel my chair and reach behind me when I am sitting at the desk to adjust volume or grab the "current use" phones off the lower holder.post #21 of 2912/6/10 at 12:20pmI bought some hooks from my local home depot. They're just two pronged rubber hangers and I just drilled them into my desk. They work pretty well
EDIT: I got a picture of it with my a700 in my profile.
Edited by 2enty3 - 12/6/10 at 12:32pmpost #22 of 2912/6/10 at 12:35pm
I hang my headphones off my desk with cheap ($1-4 apiece) spring-loaded wood clamps like these:
They're nice because the phones can rest their weight on the solid headband and not on the head pad. The array doesn't look handsome, though.
I'm still in the stage where I'm still experimenting with how things sound, so they all stay within arm's reach because I'm going through them fairly often. Also, some were bought used and shipped without their boxes. I'll have to worry about storing away less used phones eventually, or else I'll sell off the ones that aren't getting used often enough.
At work, I have a Rubbermaid-branded hose hook with an improvised pad for the headband. It works well.post #23 of 291/6/12 at 5:07am
I too a Sennheiser clamp. I have no room on my rack for a stand (top shelves hold two turntable and my WES). The clamp attaches ncely to the side of my rack. I only keep one pair out at a time and cover them when not in use. For prolonged idle periods, they reside in their box. BTW ... using a lined album sleeve is a novel idea.post #24 of 291/6/12 at 6:25am
i use hotel laundry bags...to keep my OzGrado warm,
this one comes with a side pocket to keep my coiled cable.
ps: just need to remind myself not to toss it together with the actual laundry from my travel case.post #25 of 291/7/12 at 4:42pmThread Starterpost #26 of 291/7/12 at 5:25pmpost #27 of 291/7/12 at 6:05pm
I simply hang up whatever headphones I plan on using on any particular day on my curtain rods, and keep whatever I've used recently in this drawer. Before somebody throws up, I have to explain that the WeSCs were simply in there because they happened to go with an outfit a few days ago. I never listen to them anymore, but keep them around for nostalgia because they were my first headphones.post #28 of 291/7/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry no photo but I made a S.Steel one using A hunk of solid S.Steel 3"Dia.X 2" thick for the base then heil arced a 3/8Th's S.S. polished pipe coupling to the base then just used S.S. 3/8 X 6" polished pipe then another coupling & so on getting to the 30" high stand finished with a 3/8" 90 degree and finally a padded 6" pipe nipple for my HD 800's to hang on...... Hard to imagine but It's about chair height for me and doesn't have to be on my desk.... Stands in the corner by amp, Dac, & Jkenny Hi Face Rack..... You could buy all the (unpolished) pipe or even copper at your Home Depot/ Lowe's and make your own height stand........ I do agree that the Woo stands are nice I just have the supplies and welders etc at work...... A Government job....
Edited by 9pintube - 1/8/12 at 6:05pm
- Headphone storage
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 37 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead club ptII 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE530 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 6 minutes ago
- › galaxy s5 vs sony z2 in audio capabilities? 7 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Poll for Desktop vs Portable concluded! 7 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob