Indeed they do. My whole PC set up/speakers are black, as is the stand I have purchased. The Woos just add a little more class to space imo
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 7:16 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Headphone storage - Page 2post #16 of 299/20/10 at 3:59pmpost #17 of 299/20/10 at 4:02pmQuote:
When I use to listen to music a lot, yes. But now I prefer having them in boxes. I have some Woo, Stax and other stands. Some people use banana hangers. Those Sieveking Omega stands look nice.Quote:
2: Do people use a cover over a headphone stand?
2a: if so, what brand?
If you dont want dust on your headphones, yes.
The only brand of those I have are Stax. Any plastic bag will do the job. I have also seen plastic vinyl record sleeves used as covers for headphone stands. They're easily found on eBay.post #18 of 299/20/10 at 4:39pmpost #19 of 299/20/10 at 7:10pm
i use the sennheiser headphone stands that have the adjustable clamps. they are relatively cheap, compact, unobtrusive, and functional. i own three of them already, but plan on getting more as my collection grows.post #20 of 2912/6/10 at 12:06pm
This is what I use - a couple of Sennheiser HH10 holders clamped to a shelf, with hooks underneath to hang the cable.
Also have some shelves to store amps, DACs etc. Need another shelf, though, I have more amps than will fit.
On the side at the bottom is the headphone that is in current use, on the little credenza is an Audio Gd FUN DAC/Amp which is what I was currently listening to.
This stuff is directly behind my chair at my PC desk, the wide-angle lens makes the space look bigger than it really is. I just swivel my chair and reach behind me when I am sitting at the desk to adjust volume or grab the "current use" phones off the lower holder.post #21 of 2912/6/10 at 12:20pmI bought some hooks from my local home depot. They're just two pronged rubber hangers and I just drilled them into my desk. They work pretty well
EDIT: I got a picture of it with my a700 in my profile.
Edited by 2enty3 - 12/6/10 at 12:32pmpost #22 of 2912/6/10 at 12:35pm
I hang my headphones off my desk with cheap ($1-4 apiece) spring-loaded wood clamps like these:
They're nice because the phones can rest their weight on the solid headband and not on the head pad. The array doesn't look handsome, though.
I'm still in the stage where I'm still experimenting with how things sound, so they all stay within arm's reach because I'm going through them fairly often. Also, some were bought used and shipped without their boxes. I'll have to worry about storing away less used phones eventually, or else I'll sell off the ones that aren't getting used often enough.
At work, I have a Rubbermaid-branded hose hook with an improvised pad for the headband. It works well.post #23 of 291/6/12 at 5:07am
I too a Sennheiser clamp. I have no room on my rack for a stand (top shelves hold two turntable and my WES). The clamp attaches ncely to the side of my rack. I only keep one pair out at a time and cover them when not in use. For prolonged idle periods, they reside in their box. BTW ... using a lined album sleeve is a novel idea.post #24 of 291/6/12 at 6:25am
i use hotel laundry bags...to keep my OzGrado warm,
this one comes with a side pocket to keep my coiled cable.
ps: just need to remind myself not to toss it together with the actual laundry from my travel case.post #25 of 291/7/12 at 4:42pmThread Starterpost #26 of 291/7/12 at 5:25pmpost #27 of 291/7/12 at 6:05pm
I simply hang up whatever headphones I plan on using on any particular day on my curtain rods, and keep whatever I've used recently in this drawer. Before somebody throws up, I have to explain that the WeSCs were simply in there because they happened to go with an outfit a few days ago. I never listen to them anymore, but keep them around for nostalgia because they were my first headphones.post #28 of 291/7/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry no photo but I made a S.Steel one using A hunk of solid S.Steel 3"Dia.X 2" thick for the base then heil arced a 3/8Th's S.S. polished pipe coupling to the base then just used S.S. 3/8 X 6" polished pipe then another coupling & so on getting to the 30" high stand finished with a 3/8" 90 degree and finally a padded 6" pipe nipple for my HD 800's to hang on...... Hard to imagine but It's about chair height for me and doesn't have to be on my desk.... Stands in the corner by amp, Dac, & Jkenny Hi Face Rack..... You could buy all the (unpolished) pipe or even copper at your Home Depot/ Lowe's and make your own height stand........ I do agree that the Woo stands are nice I just have the supplies and welders etc at work...... A Government job....
Edited by 9pintube - 1/8/12 at 6:05pm
- Headphone storage
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 27 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 36 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 39 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 53 seconds ago
- › GTA/Toronto Meet - May 28 2016 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › [FS] AKG K7XX 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 2 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...