Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/14/10
- brandMonstertagged by System, 9/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 9/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- monster pro turbine coppers: alternatives Last post on 9/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers? Last post on 11/6/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] Should i buy this MTPC ?? (Photos Added) Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just for future reference, what full-sized headphone would you compare to the Monster Turbine Pro... Last post on 9/12/10 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is a good sell price for Monster Coppers? Last post on 9/17/10 at 10:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1162/12/11 at 11:55ampost #63 of 1163/3/11 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by dsf3g
Here's an eBay listing where the guy basically admits he's selling fakes:
Would you know these were fake from the pictures if he didn't admit it in the body of his ad?
Oh wow...I almost bought those a couple weeks ago. But, he stopped answering my questions when I asked to see pictures, and why there were missing pieces in the box when he said they were sealed (I asked another person who bought a pair from the seller and he sad the clip was missing). I got a great deal on Overstock.com for $209 though, and I'm listening to them right now. :)
Edited by GirlinFlames - 3/3/11 at 1:40pmpost #64 of 1163/13/11 at 6:33pmpost #65 of 1164/14/11 at 3:45pmpost #66 of 1164/14/11 at 3:47pmpost #67 of 1164/14/11 at 4:42pmpost #68 of 1164/15/11 at 5:26ampost #69 of 1164/15/11 at 3:41pmpost #70 of 1164/15/11 at 5:41pmQuote:
I also have the Gold and yeah it seems like they have the long one too.post #71 of 1165/3/11 at 6:41am
Hi guys, wondering if you could help me out. I just purchased a pair of lightly used "genuine" MTPC's on eBay for about $150. Got them last night and listened to them with my immediate impression being that they sounded a bit veiled and muffled, completely unlike the descriptions I've read of them on here and elsewhere. So naturally I start wondering how "genuine" they are after all. Upon closer inspection, there are several typos on the outer packaging ("the thunderous power of a full-scake orchestra", "pro sound isolating earips", "two luxuriors protective cases", etc.). Also, it came with the short unbranded 1/4" adapter that I've seen reported with other fakes (see pics).
So they're probably fakes, right?post #72 of 1165/3/11 at 7:45ampost #73 of 1165/11/11 at 7:27pmpost #74 of 1166/18/11 at 12:47am
I just bought some monster turbine gold pair off of kijiji seller in Alberta Canada. There are no typos on the packaging and model # near the serial barcode is MH TBB-P IE GLD. However, at the top it is fully sealed. There is no hole for it to hang like others have mentioned. But I hope that is just a difference between US and Canada retail stores. I will take some pictures of the packaging soon. Hopefully, you guys can help me out before I open them.post #75 of 1168/8/11 at 8:09am
thanks god i found this topic.
I'm really worried for what I've bought recently, fyi, i've never spent more than 10USD for an iem and took a chance on Monster Turbine Pro Copper (MPTC) as my friend suggested; and you guys should have guess that I'm new to online shopping..
Recently, I've just made a deal on ebay under BuyAuthentic seller for MPTC, here is the link.
Do you think it sold the authentic one? Is there anychance asking Monster Cable whether the one I bought is an authentic one?
though it proved to be authentic, does it comes with waranty from Monster Cable (ie lifetime warranty for MPTC) due to an unauthorized dealer problems?
if it proved to be fake one, what's would you guys suggested considering 54USD just for shipping excluding taxes and charges (av 22.5%), refund it or just keep it?
and if it proved to be authentic but doesn't come with warranty from Monster Cable, is it still worth to keep it?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear