is this a good headphone. i have a m50 already, will this be a good add to my headphone inventory.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandPioneertagged by System, 9/13/10
- productPioneer SE-M290 High Performance Ported AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Help! Last post on 5/28/12 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591 Last post on 12/21/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer TRE-D800 & SE-DIR800C Last post on 8/12/13 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Customer Looking to Upgrade Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pioneer SE-M290post #1 of 59/13/10 at 7:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/13/10 at 8:05am
I couldn't find much beyond that and a few reviews on Amazon. Only $15 though, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if they didn't turn out to be very good.post #3 of 59/13/10 at 8:27am
I saw these today and was wondering about them. Just read they NEED amplification which is crazy for $14 headphones but that might be why they are $14. Generally speaking headphones in this range are very low resistance.
I'm sure my 130w Pioneer amp could handle it but it would probably be a downgrade from my RX700's or even my HD201's.post #4 of 59/13/10 at 8:58amQuote:
Agree...i wouldn't get $14 headphones who need serious amplification, only if they are vintage.
I can only see 1 positive review...post #5 of 54/22/14 at 12:29pm
I have this cans and the price is very self explanatory. Soundstage is almost non existent, but they are pretty well balanced (for what you pay). They're all made of plastic, that makes them pretty lightweight. The headband mechanism is interesting, you don't have to adjust it. The ear pads are made of a fabric material, that is not very breathable (after an hour my ears start getting pretty hot, their good winter headphones xD).
Overall their very comfortable and the sound is good for what your paying they are the kind of headphones you have laying around your house to watch youtube videos on your computer, iPad, etc... For 15 dollars I would get them these were a gift and after some research I found they costed 50 € so for 15$ it's a good purchase (don't buy from ebay or amazon if you don't know if the seller is an official pioneer dealer, trust me on that, nowadays the fake headphones look exactly like the real deal but when you plug them in...)
Hope that this helped you!
Edited by Macedo - 4/22/14 at 12:31pm
- Pioneer SE-M290
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 58 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Questions and recommendations about DAC/Amp for HD800 (again!) 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2