is this a good headphone. i have a m50 already, will this be a good add to my headphone inventory.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandPioneertagged by System, 9/13/10
- productPioneer SE-M290 High Performance Ported AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Help! Last post on 5/28/12 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591 Last post on 12/21/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer TRE-D800 & SE-DIR800C Last post on 8/12/13 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Customer Looking to Upgrade Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Pioneer SE-M290post #1 of 59/13/10 at 7:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/13/10 at 8:05am
I couldn't find much beyond that and a few reviews on Amazon. Only $15 though, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if they didn't turn out to be very good.post #3 of 59/13/10 at 8:27am
I saw these today and was wondering about them. Just read they NEED amplification which is crazy for $14 headphones but that might be why they are $14. Generally speaking headphones in this range are very low resistance.
I'm sure my 130w Pioneer amp could handle it but it would probably be a downgrade from my RX700's or even my HD201's.post #4 of 59/13/10 at 8:58amQuote:
Agree...i wouldn't get $14 headphones who need serious amplification, only if they are vintage.
I can only see 1 positive review...post #5 of 54/22/14 at 12:29pm
I have this cans and the price is very self explanatory. Soundstage is almost non existent, but they are pretty well balanced (for what you pay). They're all made of plastic, that makes them pretty lightweight. The headband mechanism is interesting, you don't have to adjust it. The ear pads are made of a fabric material, that is not very breathable (after an hour my ears start getting pretty hot, their good winter headphones xD).
Overall their very comfortable and the sound is good for what your paying they are the kind of headphones you have laying around your house to watch youtube videos on your computer, iPad, etc... For 15 dollars I would get them these were a gift and after some research I found they costed 50 € so for 15$ it's a good purchase (don't buy from ebay or amazon if you don't know if the seller is an official pioneer dealer, trust me on that, nowadays the fake headphones look exactly like the real deal but when you plug them in...)
Hope that this helped you!
Edited by Macedo - 4/22/14 at 12:31pm
- Pioneer SE-M290
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 51 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Headstage arrow 4 T refurbished 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)