is this a good headphone. i have a m50 already, will this be a good add to my headphone inventory.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandPioneertagged by System, 9/13/10
- productPioneer SE-M290 High Performance Ported AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Help! Last post on 5/28/12 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591 Last post on 12/21/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer TRE-D800 & SE-DIR800C Last post on 8/12/13 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Customer Looking to Upgrade Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
Pioneer SE-M290post #1 of 59/13/10 at 7:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/13/10 at 8:05am
I couldn't find much beyond that and a few reviews on Amazon. Only $15 though, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if they didn't turn out to be very good.post #3 of 59/13/10 at 8:27am
I saw these today and was wondering about them. Just read they NEED amplification which is crazy for $14 headphones but that might be why they are $14. Generally speaking headphones in this range are very low resistance.
I'm sure my 130w Pioneer amp could handle it but it would probably be a downgrade from my RX700's or even my HD201's.post #4 of 59/13/10 at 8:58amQuote:
Agree...i wouldn't get $14 headphones who need serious amplification, only if they are vintage.
I can only see 1 positive review...post #5 of 54/22/14 at 12:29pm
I have this cans and the price is very self explanatory. Soundstage is almost non existent, but they are pretty well balanced (for what you pay). They're all made of plastic, that makes them pretty lightweight. The headband mechanism is interesting, you don't have to adjust it. The ear pads are made of a fabric material, that is not very breathable (after an hour my ears start getting pretty hot, their good winter headphones xD).
Overall their very comfortable and the sound is good for what your paying they are the kind of headphones you have laying around your house to watch youtube videos on your computer, iPad, etc... For 15 dollars I would get them these were a gift and after some research I found they costed 50 € so for 15$ it's a good purchase (don't buy from ebay or amazon if you don't know if the seller is an official pioneer dealer, trust me on that, nowadays the fake headphones look exactly like the real deal but when you plug them in...)
Hope that this helped you!
Edited by Macedo - 4/22/14 at 12:31pm
- Pioneer SE-M290
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Jomo Audio 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Tennmak 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...