Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Berlin headfi/HIFI-FORUM meet on Sept. 11th: post your impressions and pictures here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Berlin headfi/HIFI-FORUM meet on Sept. 11th: post your impressions and pictures here - Page 2  

post #16 of 30

It was done by rille2 from www.hifi-forum.de , and yes, he IS doing impressive work. Build my AMB Mini³, pure bliss! ;)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirBrauchenBass View Post




Ah, thanks. You do not happen to know who did the custum building? Really impressive work...

post #17 of 30

Nice impressions and pictures. Thanks. I am glad you had a great time.

post #18 of 30
Thread Starter 

A few pictures of amps that Simon took:

 

IMG_0458.JPG

 

IMG_0459.JPG

 

IMG_0460.JPG

 

IMG_0461.JPG

 

IMG_0470.JPG

 

IMG_0492.JPG

post #19 of 30
Thread Starter 

Simon's pics of people and gear:

 

IMG_0450.JPG

 

IMG_0457.JPG

 

IMG_0463.JPG

 

IMG_0472.JPG

 

IMG_0477.JPG

 

IMG_0478.JPG

 

IMG_0482.JPG

 

IMG_0502.JPG

 

*EDIT: WTH does huddler turn some of the pictures sideways? How do I change that?*


Edited by sepinho - 9/15/10 at 6:19am
post #20 of 30

I believe they haven't been rotated in the fist place, the software you used just changed the corresponding exif entr so that foto viewers would show a rotated view. Picasa does that all the time and it annoys the heck out of me.

 

Anyways, nice pics! Think I would really regret now not having attended - but lucky me, I have been there. :P

 

m00h

post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00hk00h View Post Think I would really regret now not having attended - but lucky me, I have been there. :P


Ouch! That hurt... 

post #22 of 30

Because of what I heard at the meet I have now ordered the NuForce uDAC-2. I am looking forward to recieve it. 

It can be expensive to attend head-fi meets.... this has been one of the lesser expensive ones. Specially since now I do not have to buy the T5p. 

post #23 of 30

If I had the money and the set up the Audio Technica W1000X would probably already be ordered. For now I have to settle with a DAC. 

post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Funk View Post

If I had the money and the set up the Audio Technica W1000X would probably already be ordered. For now I have to settle with a DAC. 


W1000X was a great surprise. I liked its bright sound. 

post #25 of 30

For those of you Berliners who tried the newly released HD598, how did they compare to the HD650? Very curious on those gorgeous looking phones.

 

But perhaps there is something I am more interested in than those HD598s: Which amps did the W1000x's sound good with? I found myself unable to hold back once I saw a great deal on the forums for a MINT condition pair and now am the proud new owner of these beautiful cans. Admittedly, I haven't logged nearly enough hours to warrant a firm grasp on the sound signature, but from what I've heard so far these headphones are a bit on the bright side and indeed dark. Fortunately, both are not an issue on classical pieces and the soundstage, detail, and decay are so incredible that I find myself emotionally moved often. On more modern pop songs with a hotter treble and synthesized instruments, the sibilance and "off" sounding highs do make these phones fatiguing.

 

I'm currently searching for an amp that will slightly roll off the top end of the treble and make the mids warmer without taking away any detail; do any of the amps there have such synergy with the W1000x?

post #26 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanago View Post

For those of you Berliners who tried the newly released HD598, how did they compare to the HD650? Very curious on those gorgeous looking phones.

 

But perhaps there is something I am more interested in than those HD598s: Which amps did the W1000x's sound good with? I found myself unable to hold back once I saw a great deal on the forums for a MINT condition pair and now am the proud new owner of these beautiful cans. Admittedly, I haven't logged nearly enough hours to warrant a firm grasp on the sound signature, but from what I've heard so far these headphones are a bit on the bright side and indeed dark. Fortunately, both are not an issue on classical pieces and the soundstage, detail, and decay are so incredible that I find myself emotionally moved often. On more modern pop songs with a hotter treble and synthesized instruments, the sibilance and "off" sounding highs do make these phones fatiguing.

 

I'm currently searching for an amp that will slightly roll off the top end of the treble and make the mids warmer without taking away any detail; do any of the amps there have such synergy with the W1000x?

Who has pictures of the set up in the quit room with the Audio Technica's, Stax and others? 
 

post #27 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Funk View Post

Quote:

Who has pictures of the set up in the quit room with the Audio Technica's, Stax and others? 
 


Rasmus has posted a nice picture on page 1 of this thread.

 

m00hk00h and I are still collecting everybody's pictures and will be posting more as we get them.. :)

post #28 of 30

No DT48 at a German meet?

post #29 of 30

DT250-250 otherwise no DT48 if I am correct.

post #30 of 30

Wishful thinking on my part..
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Funk View Post

DT250-250 otherwise no DT48 if I am correct.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Berlin headfi/HIFI-FORUM meet on Sept. 11th: post your impressions and pictures here