I am allowed to pick any headphones on Amazon. Which one should I choose? I am looking for comfort/open-ness/sound/bass. Prefer one with low Ohm's so I don't need an amp.
Related Forum Threads
- Most engaging headphones Last post on 7/22/10 at 8:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you think it is worth buying a GS1000i while you aleady have Ps1000 and Rs1i? Last post on 4/9/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
New Headphones Orderpost #1 of 129/11/10 at 5:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/10 at 5:16pmpost #3 of 129/11/10 at 5:28pmThread Starter
yeah i thought about them, but dont i need an amp with them? id like a good pair without an amp? also i heard the hd800 were too loud or something about their sonic that hurt someone's ears.post #4 of 129/11/10 at 5:39pmpost #5 of 129/11/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter5 of 21 people found the following review helpful:2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, December 23, 2009Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Ultrasone Edition 8 S-Logic Plus Natural Surround Sound Professional Headphone (Electronics)
This pair of headphone was a big disappointment, sound performance wise. The bass is lacking bigtime, and doesn't seem to keep up with the treble as you crank up the volume. Hence, music is not well balanced for my taste. I hooked this pair up directly to an Apple MacBook Pro. Didn't even bother hooking them up to a hometheater receiver. Returned it to Amazon the next day because I was expecting great performance for the money that I had saved to buy this pair. Definitely not the case. I recently gave away my pair of Dr. Dre Beats studio headphones, and that pair (costing only $299) sounded much better in my opinion than the Ultrasone Edition 8. This Ultrasone fits moderately tight over your head, and is less comfortable than Dr. Dre's studio headphones, although I admit the style/design finish is just beautiful.post #6 of 129/11/10 at 5:58pmpost #7 of 129/11/10 at 6:17pm
What kind of music do you listen? Have you considered Grado headphones at all? They are low impedance, and well driven without amplification. If price is simply unimportant, I suggest you check out the following models:
There is also the limited edition HF-2, which was made specifically for the Head-Fi community, although this is only available through TTVJ at http://www.ttvjaudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_64&products_id=292. Hope this is helpful ..post #8 of 129/11/10 at 6:51pmThread Starter
well it'd have to be from amazon. the grado i have heard non stop good things about here at headfi, as well as a ton of the pictures. ive never been a big fan of the wood cup, but it's not all about cosmetics. the PS1000 is the same price as the HD800, and im guessing the PS1000 sounds tons better, but the hd800 looks tons better. it seems as you move up in price with the grados you get a bigger cushion. i dont really understand that concept. are the grados only good for music? what about gaming and movies? i just ordered this:
500 free shipping for the package deal.post #9 of 129/11/10 at 6:53pmpost #10 of 129/11/10 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #11 of 129/11/10 at 7:32pm
- New Headphones Order
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › "Best" USB DAC/Amp for $300 or less 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 7 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 7 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2