I am allowed to pick any headphones on Amazon. Which one should I choose? I am looking for comfort/open-ness/sound/bass. Prefer one with low Ohm's so I don't need an amp.
Related Forum Threads
- Most engaging headphones Last post on 7/22/10 at 8:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you think it is worth buying a GS1000i while you aleady have Ps1000 and Rs1i? Last post on 4/9/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
New Headphones Orderpost #1 of 129/11/10 at 5:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/10 at 5:16pmpost #3 of 129/11/10 at 5:28pmThread Starter
yeah i thought about them, but dont i need an amp with them? id like a good pair without an amp? also i heard the hd800 were too loud or something about their sonic that hurt someone's ears.post #4 of 129/11/10 at 5:39pmpost #5 of 129/11/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter5 of 21 people found the following review helpful:2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, December 23, 2009Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Ultrasone Edition 8 S-Logic Plus Natural Surround Sound Professional Headphone (Electronics)
This pair of headphone was a big disappointment, sound performance wise. The bass is lacking bigtime, and doesn't seem to keep up with the treble as you crank up the volume. Hence, music is not well balanced for my taste. I hooked this pair up directly to an Apple MacBook Pro. Didn't even bother hooking them up to a hometheater receiver. Returned it to Amazon the next day because I was expecting great performance for the money that I had saved to buy this pair. Definitely not the case. I recently gave away my pair of Dr. Dre Beats studio headphones, and that pair (costing only $299) sounded much better in my opinion than the Ultrasone Edition 8. This Ultrasone fits moderately tight over your head, and is less comfortable than Dr. Dre's studio headphones, although I admit the style/design finish is just beautiful.post #6 of 129/11/10 at 5:58pmpost #7 of 129/11/10 at 6:17pm
What kind of music do you listen? Have you considered Grado headphones at all? They are low impedance, and well driven without amplification. If price is simply unimportant, I suggest you check out the following models:
There is also the limited edition HF-2, which was made specifically for the Head-Fi community, although this is only available through TTVJ at http://www.ttvjaudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_64&products_id=292. Hope this is helpful ..post #8 of 129/11/10 at 6:51pmThread Starter
well it'd have to be from amazon. the grado i have heard non stop good things about here at headfi, as well as a ton of the pictures. ive never been a big fan of the wood cup, but it's not all about cosmetics. the PS1000 is the same price as the HD800, and im guessing the PS1000 sounds tons better, but the hd800 looks tons better. it seems as you move up in price with the grados you get a bigger cushion. i dont really understand that concept. are the grados only good for music? what about gaming and movies? i just ordered this:
500 free shipping for the package deal.post #9 of 129/11/10 at 6:53pmpost #10 of 129/11/10 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #11 of 129/11/10 at 7:32pm
- New Headphones Order
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 32 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 44 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...