I am allowed to pick any headphones on Amazon. Which one should I choose? I am looking for comfort/open-ness/sound/bass. Prefer one with low Ohm's so I don't need an amp.
Related Forum Threads
- Most engaging headphones Last post on 7/22/10 at 8:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you think it is worth buying a GS1000i while you aleady have Ps1000 and Rs1i? Last post on 4/9/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
New Headphones Orderpost #1 of 129/11/10 at 5:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/10 at 5:16pmpost #3 of 129/11/10 at 5:28pmThread Starter
yeah i thought about them, but dont i need an amp with them? id like a good pair without an amp? also i heard the hd800 were too loud or something about their sonic that hurt someone's ears.post #4 of 129/11/10 at 5:39pmpost #5 of 129/11/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter5 of 21 people found the following review helpful:2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, December 23, 2009Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Ultrasone Edition 8 S-Logic Plus Natural Surround Sound Professional Headphone (Electronics)
This pair of headphone was a big disappointment, sound performance wise. The bass is lacking bigtime, and doesn't seem to keep up with the treble as you crank up the volume. Hence, music is not well balanced for my taste. I hooked this pair up directly to an Apple MacBook Pro. Didn't even bother hooking them up to a hometheater receiver. Returned it to Amazon the next day because I was expecting great performance for the money that I had saved to buy this pair. Definitely not the case. I recently gave away my pair of Dr. Dre Beats studio headphones, and that pair (costing only $299) sounded much better in my opinion than the Ultrasone Edition 8. This Ultrasone fits moderately tight over your head, and is less comfortable than Dr. Dre's studio headphones, although I admit the style/design finish is just beautiful.post #6 of 129/11/10 at 5:58pmpost #7 of 129/11/10 at 6:17pm
What kind of music do you listen? Have you considered Grado headphones at all? They are low impedance, and well driven without amplification. If price is simply unimportant, I suggest you check out the following models:
There is also the limited edition HF-2, which was made specifically for the Head-Fi community, although this is only available through TTVJ at http://www.ttvjaudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_64&products_id=292. Hope this is helpful ..post #8 of 129/11/10 at 6:51pmThread Starter
well it'd have to be from amazon. the grado i have heard non stop good things about here at headfi, as well as a ton of the pictures. ive never been a big fan of the wood cup, but it's not all about cosmetics. the PS1000 is the same price as the HD800, and im guessing the PS1000 sounds tons better, but the hd800 looks tons better. it seems as you move up in price with the grados you get a bigger cushion. i dont really understand that concept. are the grados only good for music? what about gaming and movies? i just ordered this:
500 free shipping for the package deal.post #9 of 129/11/10 at 6:53pmpost #10 of 129/11/10 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #11 of 129/11/10 at 7:32pm
- New Headphones Order
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598- recable, single sided, balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Why does my vinyl sound bad? 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-600 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...