I am allowed to pick any headphones on Amazon. Which one should I choose? I am looking for comfort/open-ness/sound/bass. Prefer one with low Ohm's so I don't need an amp.
Related Forum Threads
- Most engaging headphones Last post on 7/22/10 at 8:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you think it is worth buying a GS1000i while you aleady have Ps1000 and Rs1i? Last post on 4/9/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
New Headphones Orderpost #1 of 129/11/10 at 5:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/10 at 5:16pmpost #3 of 129/11/10 at 5:28pmThread Starter
yeah i thought about them, but dont i need an amp with them? id like a good pair without an amp? also i heard the hd800 were too loud or something about their sonic that hurt someone's ears.post #4 of 129/11/10 at 5:39pmpost #5 of 129/11/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter5 of 21 people found the following review helpful:2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, December 23, 2009Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Ultrasone Edition 8 S-Logic Plus Natural Surround Sound Professional Headphone (Electronics)
This pair of headphone was a big disappointment, sound performance wise. The bass is lacking bigtime, and doesn't seem to keep up with the treble as you crank up the volume. Hence, music is not well balanced for my taste. I hooked this pair up directly to an Apple MacBook Pro. Didn't even bother hooking them up to a hometheater receiver. Returned it to Amazon the next day because I was expecting great performance for the money that I had saved to buy this pair. Definitely not the case. I recently gave away my pair of Dr. Dre Beats studio headphones, and that pair (costing only $299) sounded much better in my opinion than the Ultrasone Edition 8. This Ultrasone fits moderately tight over your head, and is less comfortable than Dr. Dre's studio headphones, although I admit the style/design finish is just beautiful.post #6 of 129/11/10 at 5:58pmpost #7 of 129/11/10 at 6:17pm
What kind of music do you listen? Have you considered Grado headphones at all? They are low impedance, and well driven without amplification. If price is simply unimportant, I suggest you check out the following models:
There is also the limited edition HF-2, which was made specifically for the Head-Fi community, although this is only available through TTVJ at http://www.ttvjaudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_64&products_id=292. Hope this is helpful ..post #8 of 129/11/10 at 6:51pmThread Starter
well it'd have to be from amazon. the grado i have heard non stop good things about here at headfi, as well as a ton of the pictures. ive never been a big fan of the wood cup, but it's not all about cosmetics. the PS1000 is the same price as the HD800, and im guessing the PS1000 sounds tons better, but the hd800 looks tons better. it seems as you move up in price with the grados you get a bigger cushion. i dont really understand that concept. are the grados only good for music? what about gaming and movies? i just ordered this:
500 free shipping for the package deal.post #9 of 129/11/10 at 6:53pmpost #10 of 129/11/10 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #11 of 129/11/10 at 7:32pm
- New Headphones Order
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Here! 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › Norne Silvergard IC cables-xlr 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 minutes ago
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...