I am allowed to pick any headphones on Amazon. Which one should I choose? I am looking for comfort/open-ness/sound/bass. Prefer one with low Ohm's so I don't need an amp.
Related Forum Threads
- Most engaging headphones Last post on 7/22/10 at 8:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you think it is worth buying a GS1000i while you aleady have Ps1000 and Rs1i? Last post on 4/9/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
New Headphones Orderpost #1 of 129/11/10 at 5:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/10 at 5:16pmpost #3 of 129/11/10 at 5:28pmThread Starter
yeah i thought about them, but dont i need an amp with them? id like a good pair without an amp? also i heard the hd800 were too loud or something about their sonic that hurt someone's ears.post #4 of 129/11/10 at 5:39pmpost #5 of 129/11/10 at 5:55pmThread Starter5 of 21 people found the following review helpful:2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, December 23, 2009Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Ultrasone Edition 8 S-Logic Plus Natural Surround Sound Professional Headphone (Electronics)
This pair of headphone was a big disappointment, sound performance wise. The bass is lacking bigtime, and doesn't seem to keep up with the treble as you crank up the volume. Hence, music is not well balanced for my taste. I hooked this pair up directly to an Apple MacBook Pro. Didn't even bother hooking them up to a hometheater receiver. Returned it to Amazon the next day because I was expecting great performance for the money that I had saved to buy this pair. Definitely not the case. I recently gave away my pair of Dr. Dre Beats studio headphones, and that pair (costing only $299) sounded much better in my opinion than the Ultrasone Edition 8. This Ultrasone fits moderately tight over your head, and is less comfortable than Dr. Dre's studio headphones, although I admit the style/design finish is just beautiful.post #6 of 129/11/10 at 5:58pmpost #7 of 129/11/10 at 6:17pm
What kind of music do you listen? Have you considered Grado headphones at all? They are low impedance, and well driven without amplification. If price is simply unimportant, I suggest you check out the following models:
There is also the limited edition HF-2, which was made specifically for the Head-Fi community, although this is only available through TTVJ at http://www.ttvjaudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_64&products_id=292. Hope this is helpful ..post #8 of 129/11/10 at 6:51pmThread Starter
well it'd have to be from amazon. the grado i have heard non stop good things about here at headfi, as well as a ton of the pictures. ive never been a big fan of the wood cup, but it's not all about cosmetics. the PS1000 is the same price as the HD800, and im guessing the PS1000 sounds tons better, but the hd800 looks tons better. it seems as you move up in price with the grados you get a bigger cushion. i dont really understand that concept. are the grados only good for music? what about gaming and movies? i just ordered this:
500 free shipping for the package deal.post #9 of 129/11/10 at 6:53pmpost #10 of 129/11/10 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #11 of 129/11/10 at 7:32pm
- New Headphones Order
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...