Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › DEAL ALERT : SENNHEISER IE6 SELLING AT 100$ !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DEAL ALERT : SENNHEISER IE6 SELLING AT 100$ !!!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106222

 

 

looks like a good deal...down from 260 $

 

 

just a heads up

post #2 of 19

They have been $99 on Amazon, and you can get refurbed models on Amazon for around $50. I know, because I bought a pair, and they sound great, esp for $50. There is a thread about it (where I learned of the $50 refurbed deal).

 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509429/got-my-refurb-ie6-s-today-shipped-for-55


Edited by Juanmotime - 9/11/10 at 6:12am
post #3 of 19

From the different reviews I've read, they don't seem that good...

post #4 of 19

Well, they seem pretty good to my ears, which is what matters to me. Almost five stars on Amazon, 5 stars on Newegg,4.5 stars on Google Products, five stars on CNET Reviews, four stars on Alatest, 9 out of 10 on Testfreaks.com and 8.5 out of 10 at Techpowerup.com (price was the main knock, at $200). Guess the people who own them like them, especially at $55.

post #5 of 19

 Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanmotime View Post

Well, they seem pretty good to my ears, which is what matters to me. Almost five stars on Amazon, 5 stars on Newegg,4.5 stars on Google Products, five stars on CNET Reviews, four stars on Alatest, 9 out of 10 on Testfreaks.com and 8.5 out of 10 at Techpowerup.com (price was the main knock, at $200). Guess the people who own them like them, especially at $55.


And don't forget: 5 stars on J&R and 5 stars on B&H. I've been resisting buying these like a hole in the head. How's the isolation (speaking of holes the head)?
 

post #6 of 19

They are pretty good, not perfect, but good enough for most situations. This is really a great deal in my humble opinion.

post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 

compared to RE-ZERO

 

are they better or worse ?

post #8 of 19

Or it would be really helpful if someone made a comparison with the Re0

post #9 of 19

Don't have the RE0 or I would one. Just an FYI, the refurbed IE6s (which came with all the stuff, fit kit, etc.) are $25 cheaper than the RE0s.

post #10 of 19

You can't beat it for $55, you can't even get a used RE0 for $55.

post #11 of 19

how do these comapre to the RE0s? and the MC5s? or the HJE900s?

post #12 of 19

Just got mine the other day and they're really good for ~$55. However, if I paid ~$150 for them I'd be pretty disappointed. I don't have a lot of experience with IEMs, but I found the sound stage annoyingly small and felt they had a veil in the mid range. Overall tonal balance was very good and I was surprised by the quality of bass these were capable of producing. They make me want to upgrade to IE8s.

post #13 of 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by clou91 View Post

Just got mine the other day and they're really good for ~$55. However, if I paid ~$150 for them I'd be pretty disappointed. I don't have a lot of experience with IEMs, but I found the sound stage annoyingly small and felt they had a veil in the mid range. Overall tonal balance was very good and I was surprised by the quality of bass these were capable of producing. They make me want to upgrade to IE8s.


Not to sound like a broken record, but what's your assessement of the isolation and leakage on these? Would subway use be recommended? That's where I do most of my listening to IEMs, and I wouldn't want to have to turn them way up and/or bother other passengers. Thanks.
 


Edited by priest - 9/26/10 at 9:31am
post #14 of 19

Hello All,

I just purchased a pair of these IEMs from Newegg. I have been searching for a IEM to replace my Monster Turbines (cable broke). I did not want to spend a fortune, because I use these cans for my commute in NYC. I am currently using a Nuforce Icon mobile amp, and custom dongle connected to the amp from a Ipod Touch gen 2. I was looking through the head fi site searching for the best deals, and I saw all the good reviews for the Etymotic MC5's. I bought a pair of these and tried them out for a couple of day's. The whole deep deep insertion thing is a total turn off! I was using the large trip tips, and I had to drill the things in to my ears (major pain). Just to here the bottom end in theses things you need a screw driver! Anyway I appreciate the great Highs and Mids on these thing's but there just is not enough Bass!. So I purchased the IE6s. Man what a difference! Just listening to these things for a couple of minutes I was blown away by the Depth in the sound stage! Definitely lacking in the in the mids and highs,(hope will change with burn in), but the difference is night and day over the MC5s. I will continue to break these things in and keep you all updated.

post #15 of 19


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaestro335 View Post

Hello All,

I just purchased a pair of these IEMs from Newegg. I have been searching for a IEM to replace my Monster Turbines (cable broke). I did not want to spend a fortune, because I use these cans for my commute in NYC. I am currently using a Nuforce Icon mobile amp, and custom dongle connected to the amp from a Ipod Touch gen 2. I was looking through the head fi site searching for the best deals, and I saw all the good reviews for the Etymotic MC5's. I bought a pair of these and tried them out for a couple of day's. The whole deep deep insertion thing is a total turn off! I was using the large trip tips, and I had to drill the things in to my ears (major pain). Just to here the bottom end in theses things you need a screw driver! Anyway I appreciate the great Highs and Mids on these thing's but there just is not enough Bass!. So I purchased the IE6s. Man what a difference! Just listening to these things for a couple of minutes I was blown away by the Depth in the sound stage! Definitely lacking in the in the mids and highs,(hope will change with burn in), but the difference is night and day over the MC5s. I will continue to break these things in and keep you all updated.

2nd day with these things, I am changing my mind WAY TO MUCH BASS! The sound is very muddy. Not loving them.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › DEAL ALERT : SENNHEISER IE6 SELLING AT 100$ !!!