I went to my local store the other day to try out the Shure 530's and was amazed at the quality. The owner told me that he stopped ordering the Shures 530 due to the 535's being released and the only pair of 530's left were the demo ones that i tried out. Now he said he'll still give me a carrying case and tips with the Shure 530's but he also said that they been on display for a year and a half but only 6-10 customers ever asked for him to demo them. Now im stuck in a dilemma and i need Head-Fi's help. Below i will list all my options and i need help choosing 1.
1. Spend 300 dollars on the demo Shure 530's
2. Go to another store and get the Shure 530's brand new for 420 dollars
3. Spend 500 dollars on a brand new Shure 535
1. How long do the Shures 530 or 535's last? I take great care of my items and always use the carrying case. I'm hoping with spending this much they last for 5-10 years.
2. For the Shure 535's how much money will it be to replace a cable if i ever need to?
3. Will shure replace the 530 cords under warrenty if they crack even tho they are discontinued?
Edited by beatmaker234 - 9/10/10 at 7:02pm