Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Blog Archive › AWESOME BINAURAL ALBUMS!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AWESOME BINAURAL ALBUMS! - Page 3  

post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

Spotify even has some of this stuff!

Listening to Can - Flow Motion now.

 

Isn't it true you can get de-sensitised to this type of recording though, and it'll no longer feel 3D?

 

Does this technology have some limits, because of the way it is recorded, that music can sound a bit... flat?

From listening to Pearl Jam's Binaural CD though, it doesn't sound flat though. In fact, its a bit... disorientating, but some instruments sound processed due to the technique used.

 

From the Caves of the Iron Mountain sounds awesome by the way!


I often have trouble with front/back positioning, I think that might be something to do with the limitations of the human ear. This Wikipedia page is interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_sound_localization , have a look at the Cone of Confusion, it seems that we need to be able to move our heads or have some other external cues to identify sound position with accuracy.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if the brain learnt to ignore binaural headphone recordings after a while and started to depend more on visual cues for positioning after long periods of listening with earphones, but I don't know if you would become de-sensitised, it doesn't seem to become desensitised to stereo (that I've noticed anyway). I think you are likely to get the most out of the illusion only if your eyes are closed so that your brain can't use any visual cues.

 

I bought the Strauss and Stravinsky from iTunes yesterday, I haven't had a chance to listen them properly yet, it's heavy stuff for me, I don't know much about classical music.


Edited by Frodo - 11/15/12 at 2:51am
post #32 of 51

Thank you for the suggestions - I too bought the Strauss on iTunes and find it exquisite! beyersmile.png

post #33 of 51

Has any of you tried a Holosync CD or something similar? It uses binaural tones, I believe they use a 10Hz difference for each channel and the brain can't really tell the difference and tries to adjust it giving a very odd sensation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats). The holosync idea with healing properties and amazing meditation etc is comple rubbish in my opinion but the binaural cranial massage is very pleasant!
 

post #34 of 51

Hi, listen to my new recording i just made:

Reger, Meine Seele ist still zu Gott...

 

i'm a professional singer, and we just started recording pieces the "binaural way". i will post more stuff the next weeks, if you want! 

 

Reger meine Seele

post #35 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbernd7 View Post

Hi, listen to my new recording i just made:

Reger, Meine Seele ist still zu Gott...

 

i'm a professional singer, and we just started recording pieces the "binaural way". i will post more stuff the next weeks, if you want! 

 

Reger meine Seele


A great effort!

 

I enjoyed it.

post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbernd7 View Post

Hi, listen to my new recording i just made:

Reger, Meine Seele ist still zu Gott...

 

i'm a professional singer, and we just started recording pieces the "binaural way". i will post more stuff the next weeks, if you want! 

 

Reger meine Seele

 

Me wants!

post #37 of 51

Hi LFF and ultrabike! 

Thank you for listening to the music!

We will record some music next monday... perhaps i will make a little "album" out of it-> for free of course ;)

 

the church we recorded in is actually nearly 1000 years old: 

 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:St_maria_in_lyskirchen_koeln.jpg?uselang=de

 

greetings from Germany!

post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbernd7 View Post

Hi LFF and ultrabike! 

Thank you for listening to the music!

We will record some music next monday... perhaps i will make a little "album" out of it-> for free of course ;)

 

the church we recorded in is actually nearly 1000 years old: 

 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:St_maria_in_lyskirchen_koeln.jpg?uselang=de

 

greetings from Germany!

I would love to hear more...please keep us posted! Thanks!

post #39 of 51

Sounds great!   beerchug.gif

post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

Spotify even has some of this stuff!

Listening to Can - Flow Motion now.

 

Isn't it true you can get de-sensitised to this type of recording though, and it'll no longer feel 3D?

 

Does this technology have some limits, because of the way it is recorded, that music can sound a bit... flat?

From listening to Pearl Jam's Binaural CD though, it doesn't sound flat though. In fact, its a bit... disorientating, but some instruments sound processed due to the technique used.

 

From the Caves of the Iron Mountain sounds awesome by the way!


Can's Saw Delight was also recorded binaurally.  I believe that they are also re released on SACD now.

post #41 of 51

Hi, 

here another Binaural recording. I put it on Youtube! Its my german Jazz/Classical Improvisation Group, with Psalmtexts (actually German, but this will change!)

 

Best Regards

 

Uli

 

 

post #42 of 51

Ah: I made the recording with a styropor head. The mic capsules are Primo EM 172s, and powered by a Sony PCM M10, combined with a Sony NEX3

post #43 of 51

I can make any music sound just like high quality binaural. Its alot of work but it can be done. How do I post a sample. Or would anyone appreciate it?
 

post #44 of 51

I would like to check it out. I think you can post it in youtube and link it from here...

post #45 of 51

"links removed"

 

lets see if this works. I uploaded 3 samples (above links) in mp3 format so it should be compatible.

 

Let me know what you think. I will remove them soon.
 


Edited by cachi - 3/1/13 at 4:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blog Archive
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Blog Archive › AWESOME BINAURAL ALBUMS!