- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/7/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone: SR225 or MS1 (or SR125)? Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Poll Results: Which one is better for rock/metal?
14 Total Votespost #1 of 29/9/10 at 11:39pmThread StarterWhich one is better for someone who listens to rock/metal (metallica, megadeth, etc.)? I want the best sound for around $100
14% (2)Grado sr80i
85% (12)Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/10 at 10:17am
The Alessasandros will win this poll, no doubt.
However, I recently did a shootout between the MS-1i's, the SR80i's, the SR125i's, and I now have the SR225i's.
I didn't like the MS-1i's at all. The consensus seems to be that the Alessandros take the edge off the "Grado sound" and makes for a smoother, more refined headphone. Well, that's not what I heard. I heard the same exact mids and highs as for the SR80i, but less bass. In fact, the MS-1i's sounded more like the SR60i's to me than either the SR80i or the SR125i. The SR125i's do have a smoother presentation than the SR80i IMO, but the difference isn't large. The difference between the SR80i and the MS-1i is large.
When I asked Grado about what I heard with the Alessandros, they said: NDA in place, can't talk about it, no comment.
Plus, the MS-1i's have the cheaper thinner cord of the SR80i's, not the beefier cord of the 125. The MS-1i's are not "based on" the SR125i. They are based on the SR80i, but I think the SR80i is a better headphone.
I was frankly, very surprised and disappointed by the MS-1i's. Not what I expected at all from the seeming consensus here and other places. And I bought mine brand new from Alessandro. fwiw.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 9/10/10 at 10:19am
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 39 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 44 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 50 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 52 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stellaris 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear