- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/7/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone: SR225 or MS1 (or SR125)? Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Poll Results: Which one is better for rock/metal?
14 Total Votespost #1 of 29/9/10 at 11:39pmThread StarterWhich one is better for someone who listens to rock/metal (metallica, megadeth, etc.)? I want the best sound for around $100
14% (2)Grado sr80i
85% (12)Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/10 at 10:17am
The Alessasandros will win this poll, no doubt.
However, I recently did a shootout between the MS-1i's, the SR80i's, the SR125i's, and I now have the SR225i's.
I didn't like the MS-1i's at all. The consensus seems to be that the Alessandros take the edge off the "Grado sound" and makes for a smoother, more refined headphone. Well, that's not what I heard. I heard the same exact mids and highs as for the SR80i, but less bass. In fact, the MS-1i's sounded more like the SR60i's to me than either the SR80i or the SR125i. The SR125i's do have a smoother presentation than the SR80i IMO, but the difference isn't large. The difference between the SR80i and the MS-1i is large.
When I asked Grado about what I heard with the Alessandros, they said: NDA in place, can't talk about it, no comment.
Plus, the MS-1i's have the cheaper thinner cord of the SR80i's, not the beefier cord of the 125. The MS-1i's are not "based on" the SR125i. They are based on the SR80i, but I think the SR80i is a better headphone.
I was frankly, very surprised and disappointed by the MS-1i's. Not what I expected at all from the seeming consensus here and other places. And I bought mine brand new from Alessandro. fwiw.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 9/10/10 at 10:19am
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 5 minutes ago
- › Starting Point Systems portable NOS DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 8 minutes ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 8 minutes ago
- › Laconic Lab Night Blues Mini 220V 9 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 12 minutes ago
- › Tidal Wasapi Exclusive mode issue Chrome 13 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...