- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/14/13 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone: SR225 or MS1 (or SR125)? Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Poll Results: Which one is better for rock/metal?
14 Total Votespost #1 of 29/9/10 at 11:39pmThread StarterWhich one is better for someone who listens to rock/metal (metallica, megadeth, etc.)? I want the best sound for around $100
14% (2)Grado sr80i
85% (12)Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/10 at 10:17am
The Alessasandros will win this poll, no doubt.
However, I recently did a shootout between the MS-1i's, the SR80i's, the SR125i's, and I now have the SR225i's.
I didn't like the MS-1i's at all. The consensus seems to be that the Alessandros take the edge off the "Grado sound" and makes for a smoother, more refined headphone. Well, that's not what I heard. I heard the same exact mids and highs as for the SR80i, but less bass. In fact, the MS-1i's sounded more like the SR60i's to me than either the SR80i or the SR125i. The SR125i's do have a smoother presentation than the SR80i IMO, but the difference isn't large. The difference between the SR80i and the MS-1i is large.
When I asked Grado about what I heard with the Alessandros, they said: NDA in place, can't talk about it, no comment.
Plus, the MS-1i's have the cheaper thinner cord of the SR80i's, not the beefier cord of the 125. The MS-1i's are not "based on" the SR125i. They are based on the SR80i, but I think the SR80i is a better headphone.
I was frankly, very surprised and disappointed by the MS-1i's. Not what I expected at all from the seeming consensus here and other places. And I bought mine brand new from Alessandro. fwiw.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 9/10/10 at 10:19am
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › (help) Portable set up for near $1000 10 seconds ago
- › The Korean Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › Black Magic expert In Visakhapatnam +91-9928629296 2 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Black Magic expert In Bhopal +91-9928629296 2 minutes ago
- › Black Magic expert In Thane +91-9928629296 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)