- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/7/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone: SR225 or MS1 (or SR125)? Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Poll Results: Which one is better for rock/metal?
14 Total Votespost #1 of 29/9/10 at 11:39pmThread StarterWhich one is better for someone who listens to rock/metal (metallica, megadeth, etc.)? I want the best sound for around $100
14% (2)Grado sr80i
85% (12)Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/10 at 10:17am
The Alessasandros will win this poll, no doubt.
However, I recently did a shootout between the MS-1i's, the SR80i's, the SR125i's, and I now have the SR225i's.
I didn't like the MS-1i's at all. The consensus seems to be that the Alessandros take the edge off the "Grado sound" and makes for a smoother, more refined headphone. Well, that's not what I heard. I heard the same exact mids and highs as for the SR80i, but less bass. In fact, the MS-1i's sounded more like the SR60i's to me than either the SR80i or the SR125i. The SR125i's do have a smoother presentation than the SR80i IMO, but the difference isn't large. The difference between the SR80i and the MS-1i is large.
When I asked Grado about what I heard with the Alessandros, they said: NDA in place, can't talk about it, no comment.
Plus, the MS-1i's have the cheaper thinner cord of the SR80i's, not the beefier cord of the 125. The MS-1i's are not "based on" the SR125i. They are based on the SR80i, but I think the SR80i is a better headphone.
I was frankly, very surprised and disappointed by the MS-1i's. Not what I expected at all from the seeming consensus here and other places. And I bought mine brand new from Alessandro. fwiw.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 9/10/10 at 10:19am
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT150 Australia 2 minutes ago
- › Somic ST-80 Anyone have a Experience on this Chinese brand? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones (headset) with hearing protection 4 minutes ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse