- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/14/13 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone: SR225 or MS1 (or SR125)? Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Poll Results: Which one is better for rock/metal?
14 Total Votespost #1 of 29/9/10 at 11:39pmThread StarterWhich one is better for someone who listens to rock/metal (metallica, megadeth, etc.)? I want the best sound for around $100
14% (2)Grado sr80i
85% (12)Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/10 at 10:17am
The Alessasandros will win this poll, no doubt.
However, I recently did a shootout between the MS-1i's, the SR80i's, the SR125i's, and I now have the SR225i's.
I didn't like the MS-1i's at all. The consensus seems to be that the Alessandros take the edge off the "Grado sound" and makes for a smoother, more refined headphone. Well, that's not what I heard. I heard the same exact mids and highs as for the SR80i, but less bass. In fact, the MS-1i's sounded more like the SR60i's to me than either the SR80i or the SR125i. The SR125i's do have a smoother presentation than the SR80i IMO, but the difference isn't large. The difference between the SR80i and the MS-1i is large.
When I asked Grado about what I heard with the Alessandros, they said: NDA in place, can't talk about it, no comment.
Plus, the MS-1i's have the cheaper thinner cord of the SR80i's, not the beefier cord of the 125. The MS-1i's are not "based on" the SR125i. They are based on the SR80i, but I think the SR80i is a better headphone.
I was frankly, very surprised and disappointed by the MS-1i's. Not what I expected at all from the seeming consensus here and other places. And I bought mine brand new from Alessandro. fwiw.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 9/10/10 at 10:19am
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 41 seconds ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 55 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Introduction and some questions :-) 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)