Finally got my RE-ZERO. totally blown away by the SQ. Now I am just having some trouble to get a good seal from the stock small bi-flange tipe. Someone mentioned that a triple flange tip would be better, but i am not able to find suitable ones from eBay. Could someone kindly suggest a few for me? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the re-zero similar in size to re-0? (for comply foamies) Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral iem/ around ear headphones for unamped clip+? Last post on 7/18/12 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 vs Brainwavz M2 Last post on 12/6/10 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
Need tip suggestion for RE-ZEROpost #1 of 229/9/10 at 6:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 229/9/10 at 7:04ampost #3 of 229/9/10 at 7:17ampost #4 of 229/9/10 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #5 of 229/9/10 at 11:41am
Comply tips make things simple. They aren't cheap though. You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.
One suggestion I have is if you do step to the Comply, being an open cell foam type of material, they will soak up some of the highs. You can largely negate this by removing the foam inside the nozzle of the RE-ZERO. The Comply TX-500 version also has a built in wax guard filter, so the wax filter on the end of the RE-ZERO nozzle doesn't need to be used either.post #6 of 229/11/10 at 8:41pm
I tried about dozen different tips and the real Sony Hybrids sounded best to me if you can find a size that fits. Unfortunately for me, the largest Sony hybrid tips fit too well, to the extent that I could hear my heartbeat at times. The fake Sony Hybrids were my second choice. Generally, I thought the single flange tips with the smallest holes, seemed to sound best because they increased the bass a tad while decreasing the highs a tad (which worked perfectly because I thought they were a little too bright anyway).post #7 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pm
There is the new Comply S series, $10 for 3 pair.
post #8 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestion. i bought Sony Hybrid. the medium works perfectly for me, and it's really comfortable. would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to replace the stock RE-ZERO tips. it is so much easier to get a good seal, and i can wear it for a very long time without any pain. probably not good for my hearing tho. :-)post #9 of 2210/8/10 at 12:40ampost #10 of 2210/8/10 at 12:49ampost #11 of 2210/8/10 at 9:52amQuote:
I haven't tried them, but the 252 has a smaller nozzle than the RE0 and the Sony earphones that come with hybrids. (5mm versus 5.5mm). The hybrids may still work, but they may fall off easily.
(BTW, they really are a hybrid material, silicone blended with something else to make them softer.)post #12 of 2210/8/10 at 10:56ampost #13 of 2210/8/10 at 2:02pm
the fake sony hybrid work great with the re-zero really glad i got them , and the price is a steal 7$ for 12 pairs...nice.
Edited by proedros - 10/17/10 at 10:54ampost #14 of 2210/8/10 at 2:40pmQuote:
That looks cheap... eBay? Which seller?
EDIT: Found the thread where you posted about buying them,
Edited by jjinh - 10/8/10 at 2:57pmpost #15 of 2210/18/10 at 6:16am
after 1 month of use i find myself going back and forth the stock small bi-flange and the sony fake hybrid medium tips
Still can't understand which one sounds 'better'
and i am still curios whether i have found/used the best possible position in regards to the sq(fit is fine with both tips)
oh well , this is just listning to music, not rocket science...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need tip suggestion for RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 6 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 25 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Reference 10.32 Balanced PCM1704UK DAC/ AMP 35 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 41 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-AS800AP: Not to be underestimated 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2