Finally got my RE-ZERO. totally blown away by the SQ. Now I am just having some trouble to get a good seal from the stock small bi-flange tipe. Someone mentioned that a triple flange tip would be better, but i am not able to find suitable ones from eBay. Could someone kindly suggest a few for me? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the re-zero similar in size to re-0? (for comply foamies) Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral iem/ around ear headphones for unamped clip+? Last post on 7/18/12 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 vs Brainwavz M2 Last post on 12/6/10 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Need tip suggestion for RE-ZEROpost #1 of 229/9/10 at 6:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 229/9/10 at 7:04ampost #3 of 229/9/10 at 7:17ampost #4 of 229/9/10 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #5 of 229/9/10 at 11:41am
Comply tips make things simple. They aren't cheap though. You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.
One suggestion I have is if you do step to the Comply, being an open cell foam type of material, they will soak up some of the highs. You can largely negate this by removing the foam inside the nozzle of the RE-ZERO. The Comply TX-500 version also has a built in wax guard filter, so the wax filter on the end of the RE-ZERO nozzle doesn't need to be used either.post #6 of 229/11/10 at 8:41pm
I tried about dozen different tips and the real Sony Hybrids sounded best to me if you can find a size that fits. Unfortunately for me, the largest Sony hybrid tips fit too well, to the extent that I could hear my heartbeat at times. The fake Sony Hybrids were my second choice. Generally, I thought the single flange tips with the smallest holes, seemed to sound best because they increased the bass a tad while decreasing the highs a tad (which worked perfectly because I thought they were a little too bright anyway).post #7 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pm
There is the new Comply S series, $10 for 3 pair.
post #8 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestion. i bought Sony Hybrid. the medium works perfectly for me, and it's really comfortable. would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to replace the stock RE-ZERO tips. it is so much easier to get a good seal, and i can wear it for a very long time without any pain. probably not good for my hearing tho. :-)post #9 of 2210/8/10 at 12:40ampost #10 of 2210/8/10 at 12:49ampost #11 of 2210/8/10 at 9:52amQuote:
I haven't tried them, but the 252 has a smaller nozzle than the RE0 and the Sony earphones that come with hybrids. (5mm versus 5.5mm). The hybrids may still work, but they may fall off easily.
(BTW, they really are a hybrid material, silicone blended with something else to make them softer.)post #12 of 2210/8/10 at 10:56ampost #13 of 2210/8/10 at 2:02pm
the fake sony hybrid work great with the re-zero really glad i got them , and the price is a steal 7$ for 12 pairs...nice.
Edited by proedros - 10/17/10 at 10:54ampost #14 of 2210/8/10 at 2:40pmQuote:
That looks cheap... eBay? Which seller?
EDIT: Found the thread where you posted about buying them,
Edited by jjinh - 10/8/10 at 2:57pmpost #15 of 2210/18/10 at 6:16am
after 1 month of use i find myself going back and forth the stock small bi-flange and the sony fake hybrid medium tips
Still can't understand which one sounds 'better'
and i am still curios whether i have found/used the best possible position in regards to the sq(fit is fine with both tips)
oh well , this is just listning to music, not rocket science...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need tip suggestion for RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 2 seconds ago
- › Are the B&O H6 headphonesworth it? 49 seconds ago
- › Fiio E11 For sennhiser hd 600 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › DT 770's 250 ohm, am I missing out? (Fiio E07K + 250ohm or 80ohm) 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)