Finally got my RE-ZERO. totally blown away by the SQ. Now I am just having some trouble to get a good seal from the stock small bi-flange tipe. Someone mentioned that a triple flange tip would be better, but i am not able to find suitable ones from eBay. Could someone kindly suggest a few for me? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the re-zero similar in size to re-0? (for comply foamies) Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral iem/ around ear headphones for unamped clip+? Last post on 7/18/12 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 vs Brainwavz M2 Last post on 12/6/10 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
Need tip suggestion for RE-ZEROpost #1 of 229/9/10 at 6:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 229/9/10 at 7:04ampost #3 of 229/9/10 at 7:17ampost #4 of 229/9/10 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #5 of 229/9/10 at 11:41am
Comply tips make things simple. They aren't cheap though. You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.
One suggestion I have is if you do step to the Comply, being an open cell foam type of material, they will soak up some of the highs. You can largely negate this by removing the foam inside the nozzle of the RE-ZERO. The Comply TX-500 version also has a built in wax guard filter, so the wax filter on the end of the RE-ZERO nozzle doesn't need to be used either.post #6 of 229/11/10 at 8:41pm
I tried about dozen different tips and the real Sony Hybrids sounded best to me if you can find a size that fits. Unfortunately for me, the largest Sony hybrid tips fit too well, to the extent that I could hear my heartbeat at times. The fake Sony Hybrids were my second choice. Generally, I thought the single flange tips with the smallest holes, seemed to sound best because they increased the bass a tad while decreasing the highs a tad (which worked perfectly because I thought they were a little too bright anyway).post #7 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pm
There is the new Comply S series, $10 for 3 pair.
post #8 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestion. i bought Sony Hybrid. the medium works perfectly for me, and it's really comfortable. would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to replace the stock RE-ZERO tips. it is so much easier to get a good seal, and i can wear it for a very long time without any pain. probably not good for my hearing tho. :-)post #9 of 2210/8/10 at 12:40ampost #10 of 2210/8/10 at 12:49ampost #11 of 2210/8/10 at 9:52amQuote:
I haven't tried them, but the 252 has a smaller nozzle than the RE0 and the Sony earphones that come with hybrids. (5mm versus 5.5mm). The hybrids may still work, but they may fall off easily.
(BTW, they really are a hybrid material, silicone blended with something else to make them softer.)post #12 of 2210/8/10 at 10:56ampost #13 of 2210/8/10 at 2:02pm
the fake sony hybrid work great with the re-zero really glad i got them , and the price is a steal 7$ for 12 pairs...nice.
Edited by proedros - 10/17/10 at 10:54ampost #14 of 2210/8/10 at 2:40pmQuote:
That looks cheap... eBay? Which seller?
EDIT: Found the thread where you posted about buying them,
Edited by jjinh - 10/8/10 at 2:57pmpost #15 of 2210/18/10 at 6:16am
after 1 month of use i find myself going back and forth the stock small bi-flange and the sony fake hybrid medium tips
Still can't understand which one sounds 'better'
and i am still curios whether i have found/used the best possible position in regards to the sq(fit is fine with both tips)
oh well , this is just listning to music, not rocket science...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need tip suggestion for RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado RS1i and Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla and Grado PS1000 and Grado GS1000 9 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 14 seconds ago
- › New Denon DA-300USB DSD DAC with headphone amplifier 19 seconds ago
- › Can anyone shed some light on Grado's refurbishing procedure? 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 50 seconds ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › $500 desktop setup? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3