Finally got my RE-ZERO. totally blown away by the SQ. Now I am just having some trouble to get a good seal from the stock small bi-flange tipe. Someone mentioned that a triple flange tip would be better, but i am not able to find suitable ones from eBay. Could someone kindly suggest a few for me? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the re-zero similar in size to re-0? (for comply foamies) Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral iem/ around ear headphones for unamped clip+? Last post on 7/18/12 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 vs Brainwavz M2 Last post on 12/6/10 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
Need tip suggestion for RE-ZEROpost #1 of 229/9/10 at 6:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 229/9/10 at 7:04ampost #3 of 229/9/10 at 7:17ampost #4 of 229/9/10 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #5 of 229/9/10 at 11:41am
Comply tips make things simple. They aren't cheap though. You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.
One suggestion I have is if you do step to the Comply, being an open cell foam type of material, they will soak up some of the highs. You can largely negate this by removing the foam inside the nozzle of the RE-ZERO. The Comply TX-500 version also has a built in wax guard filter, so the wax filter on the end of the RE-ZERO nozzle doesn't need to be used either.post #6 of 229/11/10 at 8:41pm
I tried about dozen different tips and the real Sony Hybrids sounded best to me if you can find a size that fits. Unfortunately for me, the largest Sony hybrid tips fit too well, to the extent that I could hear my heartbeat at times. The fake Sony Hybrids were my second choice. Generally, I thought the single flange tips with the smallest holes, seemed to sound best because they increased the bass a tad while decreasing the highs a tad (which worked perfectly because I thought they were a little too bright anyway).post #7 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pm
There is the new Comply S series, $10 for 3 pair.
post #8 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestion. i bought Sony Hybrid. the medium works perfectly for me, and it's really comfortable. would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to replace the stock RE-ZERO tips. it is so much easier to get a good seal, and i can wear it for a very long time without any pain. probably not good for my hearing tho. :-)post #9 of 2210/8/10 at 12:40ampost #10 of 2210/8/10 at 12:49ampost #11 of 2210/8/10 at 9:52amQuote:
I haven't tried them, but the 252 has a smaller nozzle than the RE0 and the Sony earphones that come with hybrids. (5mm versus 5.5mm). The hybrids may still work, but they may fall off easily.
(BTW, they really are a hybrid material, silicone blended with something else to make them softer.)post #12 of 2210/8/10 at 10:56ampost #13 of 2210/8/10 at 2:02pm
the fake sony hybrid work great with the re-zero really glad i got them , and the price is a steal 7$ for 12 pairs...nice.
Edited by proedros - 10/17/10 at 10:54ampost #14 of 2210/8/10 at 2:40pmQuote:
That looks cheap... eBay? Which seller?
EDIT: Found the thread where you posted about buying them,
Edited by jjinh - 10/8/10 at 2:57pmpost #15 of 2210/18/10 at 6:16am
after 1 month of use i find myself going back and forth the stock small bi-flange and the sony fake hybrid medium tips
Still can't understand which one sounds 'better'
and i am still curios whether i have found/used the best possible position in regards to the sq(fit is fine with both tips)
oh well , this is just listning to music, not rocket science...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need tip suggestion for RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 19 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 26 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Can anyone identify this brand? 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)