Finally got my RE-ZERO. totally blown away by the SQ. Now I am just having some trouble to get a good seal from the stock small bi-flange tipe. Someone mentioned that a triple flange tip would be better, but i am not able to find suitable ones from eBay. Could someone kindly suggest a few for me? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the re-zero similar in size to re-0? (for comply foamies) Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral iem/ around ear headphones for unamped clip+? Last post on 7/18/12 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 vs Brainwavz M2 Last post on 12/6/10 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Need tip suggestion for RE-ZEROpost #1 of 229/9/10 at 6:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 229/9/10 at 7:04ampost #3 of 229/9/10 at 7:17ampost #4 of 229/9/10 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #5 of 229/9/10 at 11:41am
Comply tips make things simple. They aren't cheap though. You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.
One suggestion I have is if you do step to the Comply, being an open cell foam type of material, they will soak up some of the highs. You can largely negate this by removing the foam inside the nozzle of the RE-ZERO. The Comply TX-500 version also has a built in wax guard filter, so the wax filter on the end of the RE-ZERO nozzle doesn't need to be used either.post #6 of 229/11/10 at 8:41pm
I tried about dozen different tips and the real Sony Hybrids sounded best to me if you can find a size that fits. Unfortunately for me, the largest Sony hybrid tips fit too well, to the extent that I could hear my heartbeat at times. The fake Sony Hybrids were my second choice. Generally, I thought the single flange tips with the smallest holes, seemed to sound best because they increased the bass a tad while decreasing the highs a tad (which worked perfectly because I thought they were a little too bright anyway).post #7 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pm
There is the new Comply S series, $10 for 3 pair.
post #8 of 229/11/10 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestion. i bought Sony Hybrid. the medium works perfectly for me, and it's really comfortable. would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to replace the stock RE-ZERO tips. it is so much easier to get a good seal, and i can wear it for a very long time without any pain. probably not good for my hearing tho. :-)post #9 of 2210/8/10 at 12:40ampost #10 of 2210/8/10 at 12:49ampost #11 of 2210/8/10 at 9:52amQuote:
I haven't tried them, but the 252 has a smaller nozzle than the RE0 and the Sony earphones that come with hybrids. (5mm versus 5.5mm). The hybrids may still work, but they may fall off easily.
(BTW, they really are a hybrid material, silicone blended with something else to make them softer.)post #12 of 2210/8/10 at 10:56ampost #13 of 2210/8/10 at 2:02pm
the fake sony hybrid work great with the re-zero really glad i got them , and the price is a steal 7$ for 12 pairs...nice.
Edited by proedros - 10/17/10 at 10:54ampost #14 of 2210/8/10 at 2:40pmQuote:
That looks cheap... eBay? Which seller?
EDIT: Found the thread where you posted about buying them,
Edited by jjinh - 10/8/10 at 2:57pmpost #15 of 2210/18/10 at 6:16am
after 1 month of use i find myself going back and forth the stock small bi-flange and the sony fake hybrid medium tips
Still can't understand which one sounds 'better'
and i am still curios whether i have found/used the best possible position in regards to the sq(fit is fine with both tips)
oh well , this is just listning to music, not rocket science...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need tip suggestion for RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › jpop ...yea looking for a headphone 34 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on... 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta - MP4nation 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 - clicking sound with a cable ??? :/ 4 minutes ago
- › What is YOUR Myers-Briggs personality? 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe