that's not the reason. i plugged my new headphones in today and they worked perfectly for me. the reason your's are crackling is because of the amp? or do they still do it without it? maybe try another source like an mp3 player or something? you shouldnt need to upgrade the cable. they should sound fine out of the box. im just upgrading it because i find this a very fun project and it will clean up the mids/highs a little better, plus i wanted a dual entry headphone. wait til you see what i did and it's all complete, it's going to be awesome. i'm going to mount my zalman mic, right in the middle of the y split in the cords.
Related Forum Threads
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really comfortable headphones for everyday gaming. Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers or Go Grado? Last post on 3/28/11 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
new hd 555's crackling - Page 6post #76 of 869/9/10 at 7:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 869/9/10 at 7:32pm
i dont suggest you rewiring yet. first, do the foam mod and put them together. if you like the sound, then follow my instructions per word on my new remastered page. be very careful when doing it though. if you like the sound from that, check out the rewire thread i am going to do. wont be a week til my parts are in though. but for now, just keep burning them phones in.post #78 of 869/9/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
they dont do it with the amp because the amount of bass needed for them to crackle can only be reached with my cmoy bass boost amp. its not like other cmoy amps it has a switch that increases bass GREATELY.
but if it was the amp it would be on both earcups not just the left -.-post #79 of 869/9/10 at 7:36pmThread Starter
+ i cant find a zalman mic here in the uk or i would be recabling straight away since i mainly play cod4 on the pc and i go into tournaments and shit but i have to use a old fashion mic. -.-post #80 of 869/9/10 at 7:45pm
you might have already damaged your driver. i would just relax with them and play music and stuff at normal levels. then after like 3 months have passed, plug in the amp again and see if it does it. and for the zalman mic, you dont need to recable your headphones, it just snaps on in line with them. but the quality is great once you turn the mic volume and boost up its very good sounding. im just saying im putting mine right in the middle of my y split for a unique look and best sound.post #81 of 869/9/10 at 8:07pmThread Starter
its 1 particular bassy song that does the crackling and thats when i have my amp at loud with the bass boost on with increases the bass about 9.4 dB and only then i can notice the crackling and its only in a few really bassy songs (that are my favourites).
once i noticed the crackling i didnt play em loud. i just fiddled with wires and stuff while it was on to test em if the crackling went away.
id say in total i listened about 5 if not 3 mins to the songs that crackle. u reckon they r damaged or anything?post #82 of 869/9/10 at 8:32pm
well im not an expert, but dont listen to bassy songs while burning them in. something like eric clapton or some nice contemporary christian songs will do just fine. dont use rap songs or hard rock songs.post #83 of 869/10/10 at 3:56pmpost #84 of 869/10/10 at 4:39pmQuote:
lol. awesome solution u have there. :) I've heard the HD600 is a headphone that does many things right compared to other cans.Have fun with the 600s.post #85 of 869/10/10 at 5:53pmThread Starterpost #86 of 869/10/10 at 6:01pm
the hd600 has an ugly speckled headband. sometimes it makes me wonder what they were thinking when they made that and the ad700s purple grill. either way the 600 are a nice headphone as is the ad700 but i just cant stand the colors and designs.
- new hd 555's crackling
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 8 minutes ago
- › headphones for the 55 and up crowd 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)