that's not the reason. i plugged my new headphones in today and they worked perfectly for me. the reason your's are crackling is because of the amp? or do they still do it without it? maybe try another source like an mp3 player or something? you shouldnt need to upgrade the cable. they should sound fine out of the box. im just upgrading it because i find this a very fun project and it will clean up the mids/highs a little better, plus i wanted a dual entry headphone. wait til you see what i did and it's all complete, it's going to be awesome. i'm going to mount my zalman mic, right in the middle of the y split in the cords.
Related Forum Threads
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really comfortable headphones for everyday gaming. Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers or Go Grado? Last post on 3/28/11 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
new hd 555's crackling - Page 6post #76 of 869/9/10 at 7:30pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 869/9/10 at 7:32pm
i dont suggest you rewiring yet. first, do the foam mod and put them together. if you like the sound, then follow my instructions per word on my new remastered page. be very careful when doing it though. if you like the sound from that, check out the rewire thread i am going to do. wont be a week til my parts are in though. but for now, just keep burning them phones in.post #78 of 869/9/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
they dont do it with the amp because the amount of bass needed for them to crackle can only be reached with my cmoy bass boost amp. its not like other cmoy amps it has a switch that increases bass GREATELY.
but if it was the amp it would be on both earcups not just the left -.-post #79 of 869/9/10 at 7:36pmThread Starter
+ i cant find a zalman mic here in the uk or i would be recabling straight away since i mainly play cod4 on the pc and i go into tournaments and shit but i have to use a old fashion mic. -.-post #80 of 869/9/10 at 7:45pm
you might have already damaged your driver. i would just relax with them and play music and stuff at normal levels. then after like 3 months have passed, plug in the amp again and see if it does it. and for the zalman mic, you dont need to recable your headphones, it just snaps on in line with them. but the quality is great once you turn the mic volume and boost up its very good sounding. im just saying im putting mine right in the middle of my y split for a unique look and best sound.post #81 of 869/9/10 at 8:07pmThread Starter
its 1 particular bassy song that does the crackling and thats when i have my amp at loud with the bass boost on with increases the bass about 9.4 dB and only then i can notice the crackling and its only in a few really bassy songs (that are my favourites).
once i noticed the crackling i didnt play em loud. i just fiddled with wires and stuff while it was on to test em if the crackling went away.
id say in total i listened about 5 if not 3 mins to the songs that crackle. u reckon they r damaged or anything?post #82 of 869/9/10 at 8:32pm
well im not an expert, but dont listen to bassy songs while burning them in. something like eric clapton or some nice contemporary christian songs will do just fine. dont use rap songs or hard rock songs.post #83 of 869/10/10 at 3:56pmpost #84 of 869/10/10 at 4:39pmQuote:
lol. awesome solution u have there. :) I've heard the HD600 is a headphone that does many things right compared to other cans.Have fun with the 600s.post #85 of 869/10/10 at 5:53pmThread Starterpost #86 of 869/10/10 at 6:01pm
the hd600 has an ugly speckled headband. sometimes it makes me wonder what they were thinking when they made that and the ad700s purple grill. either way the 600 are a nice headphone as is the ad700 but i just cant stand the colors and designs.
- new hd 555's crackling
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 5 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 6 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2