that's not the reason. i plugged my new headphones in today and they worked perfectly for me. the reason your's are crackling is because of the amp? or do they still do it without it? maybe try another source like an mp3 player or something? you shouldnt need to upgrade the cable. they should sound fine out of the box. im just upgrading it because i find this a very fun project and it will clean up the mids/highs a little better, plus i wanted a dual entry headphone. wait til you see what i did and it's all complete, it's going to be awesome. i'm going to mount my zalman mic, right in the middle of the y split in the cords.
Related Forum Threads
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really comfortable headphones for everyday gaming. Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers or Go Grado? Last post on 3/28/11 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
new hd 555's crackling - Page 6post #76 of 869/9/10 at 7:30pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 869/9/10 at 7:32pm
i dont suggest you rewiring yet. first, do the foam mod and put them together. if you like the sound, then follow my instructions per word on my new remastered page. be very careful when doing it though. if you like the sound from that, check out the rewire thread i am going to do. wont be a week til my parts are in though. but for now, just keep burning them phones in.post #78 of 869/9/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
they dont do it with the amp because the amount of bass needed for them to crackle can only be reached with my cmoy bass boost amp. its not like other cmoy amps it has a switch that increases bass GREATELY.
but if it was the amp it would be on both earcups not just the left -.-post #79 of 869/9/10 at 7:36pmThread Starter
+ i cant find a zalman mic here in the uk or i would be recabling straight away since i mainly play cod4 on the pc and i go into tournaments and shit but i have to use a old fashion mic. -.-post #80 of 869/9/10 at 7:45pm
you might have already damaged your driver. i would just relax with them and play music and stuff at normal levels. then after like 3 months have passed, plug in the amp again and see if it does it. and for the zalman mic, you dont need to recable your headphones, it just snaps on in line with them. but the quality is great once you turn the mic volume and boost up its very good sounding. im just saying im putting mine right in the middle of my y split for a unique look and best sound.post #81 of 869/9/10 at 8:07pmThread Starter
its 1 particular bassy song that does the crackling and thats when i have my amp at loud with the bass boost on with increases the bass about 9.4 dB and only then i can notice the crackling and its only in a few really bassy songs (that are my favourites).
once i noticed the crackling i didnt play em loud. i just fiddled with wires and stuff while it was on to test em if the crackling went away.
id say in total i listened about 5 if not 3 mins to the songs that crackle. u reckon they r damaged or anything?post #82 of 869/9/10 at 8:32pm
well im not an expert, but dont listen to bassy songs while burning them in. something like eric clapton or some nice contemporary christian songs will do just fine. dont use rap songs or hard rock songs.post #83 of 869/10/10 at 3:56pmpost #84 of 869/10/10 at 4:39pmQuote:
lol. awesome solution u have there. :) I've heard the HD600 is a headphone that does many things right compared to other cans.Have fun with the 600s.post #85 of 869/10/10 at 5:53pmThread Starterpost #86 of 869/10/10 at 6:01pm
the hd600 has an ugly speckled headband. sometimes it makes me wonder what they were thinking when they made that and the ad700s purple grill. either way the 600 are a nice headphone as is the ad700 but i just cant stand the colors and designs.
- new hd 555's crackling
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 38 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 52 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 54 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 59 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › i want to buy good speaker ..Please help me to select good one!! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...