I have read great things about both, but not enough to make one out to be better than another. What do you think, Head-Fiers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 9/8/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Poll Results: Which IEMs do you prefer
27 Total Votespost #1 of 199/6/10 at 8:54amThread Starter
59% (16)ATH CK10
14% (4)They are both terrible, buy (x) instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/6/10 at 9:05am
If you finances permit, look into e-Q7 by Ortofon. This are also BA drivers but are considered better by some head-fi members then Ck10. I personally prefer e-Q7 over any AT earphones. For references read e-Q7 threads such as this:post #3 of 199/6/10 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #4 of 199/6/10 at 9:45ampost #5 of 199/6/10 at 9:48ampost #6 of 199/6/10 at 10:05amThread StarterQuote:
I listen to indie rock, chiptunes, breakcore, and light orchestral music. My budget is 200 bones.post #7 of 199/6/10 at 10:14am
For under $200 bones you can have DBA-02 (dual BA driver from Russia with love)
Radius DDM (Dual Dynamic Driver from Japan with lots of base and sound stage.
Panasonic HJE900 Single driver sold in the USA for under 100 bons.
There are few other alternatives but this are the current new IEMs with lot to offer.post #8 of 199/6/10 at 10:19ampost #9 of 199/6/10 at 10:29ampost #10 of 199/6/10 at 10:35am
I heard that the DBA-02 sound like a better RE0 in terms of balance, but with a bit more aggression and power.
The panasonic and Audio technicha ones are tanked when it comes to build quality, though.post #11 of 199/6/10 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #12 of 199/6/10 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #13 of 199/6/10 at 11:15am
CK10 have the best highs on any iem I have heard. I had fit problems with mine because I have manly earholes and they are made for small oriental people :)
Use shure or etymotic triple flange tips and they are great if you want fast detailed and balanced sound.post #14 of 199/6/10 at 11:44am
If highs really are not your thing I would say maybe to avoid the ck10's. The CK10's are the best iem's I have ever used in terms of build quality and fit *have very small ears*. In regards to sound, the soundstage is second to none, no other IEM I have tried has been able to create an almost out of body experience like they could. The detail is great as well.
I would say if your more budget concerned go RE-ZERO, I had a pair of RE0's and thought they were pretty good and a great value at the price however I would rank the CK10's above them in everything.post #15 of 199/6/10 at 12:18pm
I would take the CK10 over most universals out on the market today however there are some that I suspect to have similar sound signature that I have not heard such as the RE252 and probably the RE262 when that is released. The CK10 are the best built earphone I've owned with the best cables in any universal.
Sound wise it really depends. It's not a popular signature since it is fairly neutral and flat with the exception of a peak in the upper mids which not everyone likes like kostalex mentioned. I do but many do not. However gl finding a CK10 at $200 or less. They are pretty much the perfect universal for me and I'll probably buy them again in the future after I get some customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Real High End hand made tube headphone amp 11 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 13 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Lots of headphones 5 minutes ago
- › HD 598 Alternatives? 5 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...