I have read great things about both, but not enough to make one out to be better than another. What do you think, Head-Fiers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 9/8/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Poll Results: Which IEMs do you prefer
27 Total Votespost #1 of 199/6/10 at 8:54amThread Starter
59% (16)ATH CK10
14% (4)They are both terrible, buy (x) instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/6/10 at 9:05am
If you finances permit, look into e-Q7 by Ortofon. This are also BA drivers but are considered better by some head-fi members then Ck10. I personally prefer e-Q7 over any AT earphones. For references read e-Q7 threads such as this:post #3 of 199/6/10 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #4 of 199/6/10 at 9:45ampost #5 of 199/6/10 at 9:48ampost #6 of 199/6/10 at 10:05amThread StarterQuote:
I listen to indie rock, chiptunes, breakcore, and light orchestral music. My budget is 200 bones.post #7 of 199/6/10 at 10:14am
For under $200 bones you can have DBA-02 (dual BA driver from Russia with love)
Radius DDM (Dual Dynamic Driver from Japan with lots of base and sound stage.
Panasonic HJE900 Single driver sold in the USA for under 100 bons.
There are few other alternatives but this are the current new IEMs with lot to offer.post #8 of 199/6/10 at 10:19ampost #9 of 199/6/10 at 10:29ampost #10 of 199/6/10 at 10:35am
I heard that the DBA-02 sound like a better RE0 in terms of balance, but with a bit more aggression and power.
The panasonic and Audio technicha ones are tanked when it comes to build quality, though.post #11 of 199/6/10 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #12 of 199/6/10 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #13 of 199/6/10 at 11:15am
CK10 have the best highs on any iem I have heard. I had fit problems with mine because I have manly earholes and they are made for small oriental people :)
Use shure or etymotic triple flange tips and they are great if you want fast detailed and balanced sound.post #14 of 199/6/10 at 11:44am
If highs really are not your thing I would say maybe to avoid the ck10's. The CK10's are the best iem's I have ever used in terms of build quality and fit *have very small ears*. In regards to sound, the soundstage is second to none, no other IEM I have tried has been able to create an almost out of body experience like they could. The detail is great as well.
I would say if your more budget concerned go RE-ZERO, I had a pair of RE0's and thought they were pretty good and a great value at the price however I would rank the CK10's above them in everything.post #15 of 199/6/10 at 12:18pm
I would take the CK10 over most universals out on the market today however there are some that I suspect to have similar sound signature that I have not heard such as the RE252 and probably the RE262 when that is released. The CK10 are the best built earphone I've owned with the best cables in any universal.
Sound wise it really depends. It's not a popular signature since it is fairly neutral and flat with the exception of a peak in the upper mids which not everyone likes like kostalex mentioned. I do but many do not. However gl finding a CK10 at $200 or less. They are pretty much the perfect universal for me and I'll probably buy them again in the future after I get some customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 25 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 30 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 37 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 48 seconds ago
- › Adding an tube amp to my set-up 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse