I have read great things about both, but not enough to make one out to be better than another. What do you think, Head-Fiers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 9/8/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Poll Results: Which IEMs do you prefer
26 Total Votespost #1 of 199/6/10 at 8:54amThread Starter
57% (15)ATH CK10
15% (4)They are both terrible, buy (x) instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/6/10 at 9:05am
If you finances permit, look into e-Q7 by Ortofon. This are also BA drivers but are considered better by some head-fi members then Ck10. I personally prefer e-Q7 over any AT earphones. For references read e-Q7 threads such as this:post #3 of 199/6/10 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #4 of 199/6/10 at 9:45ampost #5 of 199/6/10 at 9:48ampost #6 of 199/6/10 at 10:05amThread StarterQuote:
I listen to indie rock, chiptunes, breakcore, and light orchestral music. My budget is 200 bones.post #7 of 199/6/10 at 10:14am
For under $200 bones you can have DBA-02 (dual BA driver from Russia with love)
Radius DDM (Dual Dynamic Driver from Japan with lots of base and sound stage.
Panasonic HJE900 Single driver sold in the USA for under 100 bons.
There are few other alternatives but this are the current new IEMs with lot to offer.post #8 of 199/6/10 at 10:19ampost #9 of 199/6/10 at 10:29ampost #10 of 199/6/10 at 10:35am
I heard that the DBA-02 sound like a better RE0 in terms of balance, but with a bit more aggression and power.
The panasonic and Audio technicha ones are tanked when it comes to build quality, though.post #11 of 199/6/10 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #12 of 199/6/10 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #13 of 199/6/10 at 11:15am
CK10 have the best highs on any iem I have heard. I had fit problems with mine because I have manly earholes and they are made for small oriental people :)
Use shure or etymotic triple flange tips and they are great if you want fast detailed and balanced sound.post #14 of 199/6/10 at 11:44am
If highs really are not your thing I would say maybe to avoid the ck10's. The CK10's are the best iem's I have ever used in terms of build quality and fit *have very small ears*. In regards to sound, the soundstage is second to none, no other IEM I have tried has been able to create an almost out of body experience like they could. The detail is great as well.
I would say if your more budget concerned go RE-ZERO, I had a pair of RE0's and thought they were pretty good and a great value at the price however I would rank the CK10's above them in everything.post #15 of 199/6/10 at 12:18pm
I would take the CK10 over most universals out on the market today however there are some that I suspect to have similar sound signature that I have not heard such as the RE252 and probably the RE262 when that is released. The CK10 are the best built earphone I've owned with the best cables in any universal.
Sound wise it really depends. It's not a popular signature since it is fairly neutral and flat with the exception of a peak in the upper mids which not everyone likes like kostalex mentioned. I do but many do not. However gl finding a CK10 at $200 or less. They are pretty much the perfect universal for me and I'll probably buy them again in the future after I get some customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 second ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 23 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 50 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)