I have read great things about both, but not enough to make one out to be better than another. What do you think, Head-Fiers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 9/8/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the portable...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Poll Results: Which IEMs do you prefer
27 Total Votespost #1 of 199/6/10 at 8:54amThread Starter
59% (16)ATH CK10
14% (4)They are both terrible, buy (x) instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/6/10 at 9:05am
If you finances permit, look into e-Q7 by Ortofon. This are also BA drivers but are considered better by some head-fi members then Ck10. I personally prefer e-Q7 over any AT earphones. For references read e-Q7 threads such as this:post #3 of 199/6/10 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #4 of 199/6/10 at 9:45ampost #5 of 199/6/10 at 9:48ampost #6 of 199/6/10 at 10:05amThread StarterQuote:
I listen to indie rock, chiptunes, breakcore, and light orchestral music. My budget is 200 bones.post #7 of 199/6/10 at 10:14am
For under $200 bones you can have DBA-02 (dual BA driver from Russia with love)
Radius DDM (Dual Dynamic Driver from Japan with lots of base and sound stage.
Panasonic HJE900 Single driver sold in the USA for under 100 bons.
There are few other alternatives but this are the current new IEMs with lot to offer.post #8 of 199/6/10 at 10:19ampost #9 of 199/6/10 at 10:29ampost #10 of 199/6/10 at 10:35am
I heard that the DBA-02 sound like a better RE0 in terms of balance, but with a bit more aggression and power.
The panasonic and Audio technicha ones are tanked when it comes to build quality, though.post #11 of 199/6/10 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #12 of 199/6/10 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #13 of 199/6/10 at 11:15am
CK10 have the best highs on any iem I have heard. I had fit problems with mine because I have manly earholes and they are made for small oriental people :)
Use shure or etymotic triple flange tips and they are great if you want fast detailed and balanced sound.post #14 of 199/6/10 at 11:44am
If highs really are not your thing I would say maybe to avoid the ck10's. The CK10's are the best iem's I have ever used in terms of build quality and fit *have very small ears*. In regards to sound, the soundstage is second to none, no other IEM I have tried has been able to create an almost out of body experience like they could. The detail is great as well.
I would say if your more budget concerned go RE-ZERO, I had a pair of RE0's and thought they were pretty good and a great value at the price however I would rank the CK10's above them in everything.post #15 of 199/6/10 at 12:18pm
I would take the CK10 over most universals out on the market today however there are some that I suspect to have similar sound signature that I have not heard such as the RE252 and probably the RE262 when that is released. The CK10 are the best built earphone I've owned with the best cables in any universal.
Sound wise it really depends. It's not a popular signature since it is fairly neutral and flat with the exception of a peak in the upper mids which not everyone likes like kostalex mentioned. I do but many do not. However gl finding a CK10 at $200 or less. They are pretty much the perfect universal for me and I'll probably buy them again in the future after I get some customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee Limited Edition (EU) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 5 minutes ago
- › Jazz fusion recommendations... 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2