I have read great things about both, but not enough to make one out to be better than another. What do you think, Head-Fiers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 9/8/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/8/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Poll Results: Which IEMs do you prefer
26 Total Votespost #1 of 199/6/10 at 8:54amThread Starter
57% (15)ATH CK10
15% (4)They are both terrible, buy (x) instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/6/10 at 9:05am
If you finances permit, look into e-Q7 by Ortofon. This are also BA drivers but are considered better by some head-fi members then Ck10. I personally prefer e-Q7 over any AT earphones. For references read e-Q7 threads such as this:post #3 of 199/6/10 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #4 of 199/6/10 at 9:45ampost #5 of 199/6/10 at 9:48ampost #6 of 199/6/10 at 10:05amThread StarterQuote:
I listen to indie rock, chiptunes, breakcore, and light orchestral music. My budget is 200 bones.post #7 of 199/6/10 at 10:14am
For under $200 bones you can have DBA-02 (dual BA driver from Russia with love)
Radius DDM (Dual Dynamic Driver from Japan with lots of base and sound stage.
Panasonic HJE900 Single driver sold in the USA for under 100 bons.
There are few other alternatives but this are the current new IEMs with lot to offer.post #8 of 199/6/10 at 10:19ampost #9 of 199/6/10 at 10:29ampost #10 of 199/6/10 at 10:35am
I heard that the DBA-02 sound like a better RE0 in terms of balance, but with a bit more aggression and power.
The panasonic and Audio technicha ones are tanked when it comes to build quality, though.post #11 of 199/6/10 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #12 of 199/6/10 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #13 of 199/6/10 at 11:15am
CK10 have the best highs on any iem I have heard. I had fit problems with mine because I have manly earholes and they are made for small oriental people :)
Use shure or etymotic triple flange tips and they are great if you want fast detailed and balanced sound.post #14 of 199/6/10 at 11:44am
If highs really are not your thing I would say maybe to avoid the ck10's. The CK10's are the best iem's I have ever used in terms of build quality and fit *have very small ears*. In regards to sound, the soundstage is second to none, no other IEM I have tried has been able to create an almost out of body experience like they could. The detail is great as well.
I would say if your more budget concerned go RE-ZERO, I had a pair of RE0's and thought they were pretty good and a great value at the price however I would rank the CK10's above them in everything.post #15 of 199/6/10 at 12:18pm
I would take the CK10 over most universals out on the market today however there are some that I suspect to have similar sound signature that I have not heard such as the RE252 and probably the RE262 when that is released. The CK10 are the best built earphone I've owned with the best cables in any universal.
Sound wise it really depends. It's not a popular signature since it is fairly neutral and flat with the exception of a peak in the upper mids which not everyone likes like kostalex mentioned. I do but many do not. However gl finding a CK10 at $200 or less. They are pretty much the perfect universal for me and I'll probably buy them again in the future after I get some customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › Good Cans for $300? Mad Dogs? 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 3 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › People who biologically can't enjoy music 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 6 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude