I currently use the Koss PortaPros but feel they are a bit to muddy and aren't all that portable. After looking at these to IEMs, I was wondering if I should drop the extra twenty bucks on the RE-ZEROs. If there are any better sounding IEMs for under $150, I would love it if you dropped a line in here too.
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question Last post on 2/21/11 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEMs (~$80) Last post on 8/19/10 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
RE0 or RE-ZERO
Poll Results: Please select one
26 Total Votespost #1 of 89/5/10 at 2:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 89/5/10 at 2:55pmpost #3 of 89/5/10 at 9:02pm
My preference is the ZEROs.
I find the mids of the ZEROs a bit more forward and smoother than the RE0s (the RE0s can sound a little dry in comparison).
The RE0s are a little more aggressive in the highs and extend further.
The ZEROs are still crisp and detailed in the highs though.
I had them both for a while and ended up selling the RE0s.
I can understand your poll being pretty even though as it is purely a matter of personal preference.
Edited by paulypaul - 9/5/10 at 9:23pmpost #4 of 89/5/10 at 9:18pmpost #5 of 89/21/10 at 3:53am
Anyone know if the Cowon J3 supports the stock balanced plug of the re-Zero?post #6 of 89/21/10 at 4:03ampost #7 of 89/21/10 at 8:40am
I would also add in the Klipsh Custom 3 too. $99, similar performance level, different sound option. Both are really good though. I have not used the HJE900 yet, but it is getting a lot of praise too, and you might look at that as well.
I've been able to grab the RE252 for under $150, and it has been my favorite IEM I've used to date. It's a very reference level sound quality but does scale relative to the quality of the source music and player (good or bad). From my point of view and preference, I see the RE252 as the best thing you can buy for under $150 (used). It does sacrifice physical quality for sound quality though, so the earphone itself is very ho-hum in build. It's built fine, but it isn't a SE535 or IE8 in build and finish. It does make up for it in sound quality though, and for me, that's the important part.
Edited by mvw2 - 9/21/10 at 8:44ampost #8 of 89/21/10 at 9:01amQuote:
No it does not. You will need an adapter to use the RE-Zero with the J3Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 or RE-ZERO
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Dog versus Momentum 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital