I currently use the Koss PortaPros but feel they are a bit to muddy and aren't all that portable. After looking at these to IEMs, I was wondering if I should drop the extra twenty bucks on the RE-ZEROs. If there are any better sounding IEMs for under $150, I would love it if you dropped a line in here too.
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEMs (~$80) Last post on 8/19/10 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PFE 012 vs Hippo VB's???? Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
RE0 or RE-ZERO
Poll Results: Please select one
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My preference is the ZEROs.
I find the mids of the ZEROs a bit more forward and smoother than the RE0s (the RE0s can sound a little dry in comparison).
The RE0s are a little more aggressive in the highs and extend further.
The ZEROs are still crisp and detailed in the highs though.
I had them both for a while and ended up selling the RE0s.
I can understand your poll being pretty even though as it is purely a matter of personal preference.
Edited by paulypaul - 9/5/10 at 9:23pm
I would also add in the Klipsh Custom 3 too. $99, similar performance level, different sound option. Both are really good though. I have not used the HJE900 yet, but it is getting a lot of praise too, and you might look at that as well.
I've been able to grab the RE252 for under $150, and it has been my favorite IEM I've used to date. It's a very reference level sound quality but does scale relative to the quality of the source music and player (good or bad). From my point of view and preference, I see the RE252 as the best thing you can buy for under $150 (used). It does sacrifice physical quality for sound quality though, so the earphone itself is very ho-hum in build. It's built fine, but it isn't a SE535 or IE8 in build and finish. It does make up for it in sound quality though, and for me, that's the important part.
Edited by mvw2 - 9/21/10 at 8:44am
No it does not. You will need an adapter to use the RE-Zero with the J3
- RE0 or RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW! Sony MDR-7520 Top of the Line Professional Studio Headphones... 42 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - Excellent condition 3 minutes ago
- › ADVICE: Fiio E7 DAC vs E11 AMP + Seperate Soundcard 3 minutes ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Don't Forget About This Giant Killer In All The Hype. 3 minutes ago
- › Which would you choose? 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 6 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe