I currently use the Koss PortaPros but feel they are a bit to muddy and aren't all that portable. After looking at these to IEMs, I was wondering if I should drop the extra twenty bucks on the RE-ZEROs. If there are any better sounding IEMs for under $150, I would love it if you dropped a line in here too.
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question Last post on 2/21/11 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEMs (~$80) Last post on 8/19/10 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
RE0 or RE-ZERO
Poll Results: Please select one
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My preference is the ZEROs.
I find the mids of the ZEROs a bit more forward and smoother than the RE0s (the RE0s can sound a little dry in comparison).
The RE0s are a little more aggressive in the highs and extend further.
The ZEROs are still crisp and detailed in the highs though.
I had them both for a while and ended up selling the RE0s.
I can understand your poll being pretty even though as it is purely a matter of personal preference.
Edited by paulypaul - 9/5/10 at 9:23pm
Anyone know if the Cowon J3 supports the stock balanced plug of the re-Zero?
I would also add in the Klipsh Custom 3 too. $99, similar performance level, different sound option. Both are really good though. I have not used the HJE900 yet, but it is getting a lot of praise too, and you might look at that as well.
I've been able to grab the RE252 for under $150, and it has been my favorite IEM I've used to date. It's a very reference level sound quality but does scale relative to the quality of the source music and player (good or bad). From my point of view and preference, I see the RE252 as the best thing you can buy for under $150 (used). It does sacrifice physical quality for sound quality though, so the earphone itself is very ho-hum in build. It's built fine, but it isn't a SE535 or IE8 in build and finish. It does make up for it in sound quality though, and for me, that's the important part.
Edited by mvw2 - 9/21/10 at 8:44am
No it does not. You will need an adapter to use the RE-Zero with the J3
- RE0 or RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 30 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 minutes ago
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)