I currently use the Koss PortaPros but feel they are a bit to muddy and aren't all that portable. After looking at these to IEMs, I was wondering if I should drop the extra twenty bucks on the RE-ZEROs. If there are any better sounding IEMs for under $150, I would love it if you dropped a line in here too.
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question Last post on 2/21/11 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEMs (~$80) Last post on 8/19/10 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
RE0 or RE-ZERO
Poll Results: Please select one
26 Total Votespost #1 of 89/5/10 at 2:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 89/5/10 at 2:55pmpost #3 of 89/5/10 at 9:02pm
My preference is the ZEROs.
I find the mids of the ZEROs a bit more forward and smoother than the RE0s (the RE0s can sound a little dry in comparison).
The RE0s are a little more aggressive in the highs and extend further.
The ZEROs are still crisp and detailed in the highs though.
I had them both for a while and ended up selling the RE0s.
I can understand your poll being pretty even though as it is purely a matter of personal preference.
Edited by paulypaul - 9/5/10 at 9:23pmpost #4 of 89/5/10 at 9:18pmpost #5 of 89/21/10 at 3:53am
Anyone know if the Cowon J3 supports the stock balanced plug of the re-Zero?post #6 of 89/21/10 at 4:03ampost #7 of 89/21/10 at 8:40am
I would also add in the Klipsh Custom 3 too. $99, similar performance level, different sound option. Both are really good though. I have not used the HJE900 yet, but it is getting a lot of praise too, and you might look at that as well.
I've been able to grab the RE252 for under $150, and it has been my favorite IEM I've used to date. It's a very reference level sound quality but does scale relative to the quality of the source music and player (good or bad). From my point of view and preference, I see the RE252 as the best thing you can buy for under $150 (used). It does sacrifice physical quality for sound quality though, so the earphone itself is very ho-hum in build. It's built fine, but it isn't a SE535 or IE8 in build and finish. It does make up for it in sound quality though, and for me, that's the important part.
Edited by mvw2 - 9/21/10 at 8:44ampost #8 of 89/21/10 at 9:01amQuote:
No it does not. You will need an adapter to use the RE-Zero with the J3Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 or RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 1 minute ago
- › Help! Colorfly C3 vs iBasso DX50 vs Cowon D20 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 - Pad Cleaning 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Need help in choosing new headset primarly for gaming and listening... 6 minutes ago
- › Someone help! IEM questions. 6 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-500 Pristine Condition, extra velour and pleather pads 8 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 8 minutes ago
- › Could a person not tell the difference between headphones? 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude