I currently use the Koss PortaPros but feel they are a bit to muddy and aren't all that portable. After looking at these to IEMs, I was wondering if I should drop the extra twenty bucks on the RE-ZEROs. If there are any better sounding IEMs for under $150, I would love it if you dropped a line in here too.
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question Last post on 2/21/11 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? Last post on 8/22/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEMs (~$80) Last post on 8/19/10 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
RE0 or RE-ZERO
Poll Results: Please select one
26 Total Votespost #1 of 89/5/10 at 2:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 89/5/10 at 2:55pmpost #3 of 89/5/10 at 9:02pm
My preference is the ZEROs.
I find the mids of the ZEROs a bit more forward and smoother than the RE0s (the RE0s can sound a little dry in comparison).
The RE0s are a little more aggressive in the highs and extend further.
The ZEROs are still crisp and detailed in the highs though.
I had them both for a while and ended up selling the RE0s.
I can understand your poll being pretty even though as it is purely a matter of personal preference.
Edited by paulypaul - 9/5/10 at 9:23pmpost #4 of 89/5/10 at 9:18pmpost #5 of 89/21/10 at 3:53am
Anyone know if the Cowon J3 supports the stock balanced plug of the re-Zero?post #6 of 89/21/10 at 4:03ampost #7 of 89/21/10 at 8:40am
I would also add in the Klipsh Custom 3 too. $99, similar performance level, different sound option. Both are really good though. I have not used the HJE900 yet, but it is getting a lot of praise too, and you might look at that as well.
I've been able to grab the RE252 for under $150, and it has been my favorite IEM I've used to date. It's a very reference level sound quality but does scale relative to the quality of the source music and player (good or bad). From my point of view and preference, I see the RE252 as the best thing you can buy for under $150 (used). It does sacrifice physical quality for sound quality though, so the earphone itself is very ho-hum in build. It's built fine, but it isn't a SE535 or IE8 in build and finish. It does make up for it in sound quality though, and for me, that's the important part.
Edited by mvw2 - 9/21/10 at 8:44ampost #8 of 89/21/10 at 9:01amQuote:
No it does not. You will need an adapter to use the RE-Zero with the J3Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 or RE-ZERO
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 35 seconds ago
- › NEW! Monster DNA headphones 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 5 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)