Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone technology: Are we at an end? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I'm in too deep. Last post on 6/12/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One pair of my Sony MDR-CD2000's died, and sony gave me this much as a "refund" : Last post on 4/1/11 at 2:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben is selling uber rare headphones on Taobao for exuberant prices Last post on 5/11/12 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
First Impression When I first listened to HD380Pro, I thought that I received a far more expensive headphone. After an hour or so of using them, I still felt that they sound better than...
Greetings Head-fi! In a past long gone, wireless audio was scoffed at for it's spotty connections, bulky modules, and compromised sound quality. Over the years technology has advanced and great...
MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones - Page 2post #16 of 16329/4/10 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16329/4/10 at 2:27pm
... bit like the MDR-7509HD specification isn't it?Sony MDR-7509HD Spec :
- Frequency response : 5Hz - 80kHz
- Impedence : 24 Ohms
- Sensitivity : 107 dB/mW
Don't get me wrong - I don't fall for frequency response charts, instead trusting my own ears - but the specs here would suggest to me that Sony are just repackaging a cheap, existing driver in another housing, and charging more. Obviously, it may be the best sounding headphone (possibly - can't say without trying it), but I won't be holding my breath at the moment, given that rather than being evolutionary (Beyer T1, Senn HD800), it seems to be keeping a closed back driver in a closed back body... infact it looks suspiciously like an MDR-7509 in a pretty, leather head-banded body for a lot of money.
Still, I'll keep loving my PFR-V1. Sony needs to go back to 'innovating', most of their products of late seem to be just rehashing, or 'playing it safe'. Where is my PFR-V2?! :)
Edited by Bencrest - 9/4/10 at 2:34pmpost #18 of 16329/4/10 at 3:02pmpost #19 of 16329/4/10 at 3:13pmpost #20 of 16329/4/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
A tough and rugged studio aesthetic is what I see.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.post #21 of 16329/4/10 at 3:32pmpost #22 of 16329/4/10 at 3:39pmpost #23 of 16329/4/10 at 4:27pmQuote:
I like that too. Same thing with the DT770 PRO except the DT770 have more of a military look to them. I think these new Sonys look sick.
post #24 of 16329/4/10 at 5:08pmpost #25 of 16329/4/10 at 5:31pmI agree, Kukuk. These look great and I didn't much like the looks of the HD-800 at first. If they didn't sound so damned good, I'd hate them. I sure hope Sony produced another winner with these.post #26 of 16329/4/10 at 7:21pmpost #27 of 16329/4/10 at 7:26pmpost #28 of 16329/4/10 at 8:06pmpost #29 of 16329/4/10 at 8:07pm
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › , Himachal ___ᗰᗩǤＩᑕ 91+【8107216603 】 Vashikaran mantra in hindi ... 3 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 4 minutes ago
- › Can I use my fiio e10k as a dac/ preamp? 5 minutes ago
- › Gujarat , Haryana __ᗰᗩǤＩᑕ 91+【8107216603 】 ==>Love vashikaran... 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › =====>>>>ᗰᗩǤＩᑕ 91+【8107216603 】Love vashikaran specialist molvi ji... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › iBasso Audio DX200 Reference DAP by H20Fidelity
- › Focal Utopia by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear