Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone technology: Are we at an end? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I'm in too deep. Last post on 6/12/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One pair of my Sony MDR-CD2000's died, and sony gave me this much as a "refund" : Last post on 4/1/11 at 2:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben is selling uber rare headphones on Taobao for exuberant prices Last post on 5/11/12 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones - Page 2post #16 of 16279/4/10 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16279/4/10 at 2:27pm
... bit like the MDR-7509HD specification isn't it?Sony MDR-7509HD Spec :
- Frequency response : 5Hz - 80kHz
- Impedence : 24 Ohms
- Sensitivity : 107 dB/mW
Don't get me wrong - I don't fall for frequency response charts, instead trusting my own ears - but the specs here would suggest to me that Sony are just repackaging a cheap, existing driver in another housing, and charging more. Obviously, it may be the best sounding headphone (possibly - can't say without trying it), but I won't be holding my breath at the moment, given that rather than being evolutionary (Beyer T1, Senn HD800), it seems to be keeping a closed back driver in a closed back body... infact it looks suspiciously like an MDR-7509 in a pretty, leather head-banded body for a lot of money.
Still, I'll keep loving my PFR-V1. Sony needs to go back to 'innovating', most of their products of late seem to be just rehashing, or 'playing it safe'. Where is my PFR-V2?! :)
Edited by Bencrest - 9/4/10 at 2:34pmpost #18 of 16279/4/10 at 3:02pmpost #19 of 16279/4/10 at 3:13pmpost #20 of 16279/4/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
A tough and rugged studio aesthetic is what I see.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.post #21 of 16279/4/10 at 3:32pmpost #22 of 16279/4/10 at 3:39pmpost #23 of 16279/4/10 at 4:27pmQuote:
I like that too. Same thing with the DT770 PRO except the DT770 have more of a military look to them. I think these new Sonys look sick.
post #24 of 16279/4/10 at 5:08pmpost #25 of 16279/4/10 at 5:31pmI agree, Kukuk. These look great and I didn't much like the looks of the HD-800 at first. If they didn't sound so damned good, I'd hate them. I sure hope Sony produced another winner with these.post #26 of 16279/4/10 at 7:21pmpost #27 of 16279/4/10 at 7:26pmpost #28 of 16279/4/10 at 8:06pmpost #29 of 16279/4/10 at 8:07pmpost #30 of 16279/4/10 at 8:25pm
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 40 seconds ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 40 seconds ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 1 minute ago
- › Ars Technica Tests "Audiophile Ethernet Cable" in Las Vegas 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Encore Rockmaster IE (In-Ear) - well rounded $30 budget iem 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3