Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone technology: Are we at an end? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I'm in too deep. Last post on 6/12/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One pair of my Sony MDR-CD2000's died, and sony gave me this much as a "refund" : Last post on 4/1/11 at 2:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben is selling uber rare headphones on Taobao for exuberant prices Last post on 5/11/12 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones - Page 2post #16 of 16319/4/10 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16319/4/10 at 2:27pm
... bit like the MDR-7509HD specification isn't it?Sony MDR-7509HD Spec :
- Frequency response : 5Hz - 80kHz
- Impedence : 24 Ohms
- Sensitivity : 107 dB/mW
Don't get me wrong - I don't fall for frequency response charts, instead trusting my own ears - but the specs here would suggest to me that Sony are just repackaging a cheap, existing driver in another housing, and charging more. Obviously, it may be the best sounding headphone (possibly - can't say without trying it), but I won't be holding my breath at the moment, given that rather than being evolutionary (Beyer T1, Senn HD800), it seems to be keeping a closed back driver in a closed back body... infact it looks suspiciously like an MDR-7509 in a pretty, leather head-banded body for a lot of money.
Still, I'll keep loving my PFR-V1. Sony needs to go back to 'innovating', most of their products of late seem to be just rehashing, or 'playing it safe'. Where is my PFR-V2?! :)
Edited by Bencrest - 9/4/10 at 2:34pmpost #18 of 16319/4/10 at 3:02pmpost #19 of 16319/4/10 at 3:13pmpost #20 of 16319/4/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
A tough and rugged studio aesthetic is what I see.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.post #21 of 16319/4/10 at 3:32pmpost #22 of 16319/4/10 at 3:39pmpost #23 of 16319/4/10 at 4:27pmQuote:
I like that too. Same thing with the DT770 PRO except the DT770 have more of a military look to them. I think these new Sonys look sick.
post #24 of 16319/4/10 at 5:08pmpost #25 of 16319/4/10 at 5:31pmI agree, Kukuk. These look great and I didn't much like the looks of the HD-800 at first. If they didn't sound so damned good, I'd hate them. I sure hope Sony produced another winner with these.post #26 of 16319/4/10 at 7:21pmpost #27 of 16319/4/10 at 7:26pmpost #28 of 16319/4/10 at 8:06pmpost #29 of 16319/4/10 at 8:07pmpost #30 of 16319/4/10 at 8:25pm
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 6 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 55 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OnePlus 3 Audio Quality? 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...