Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone technology: Are we at an end? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I'm in too deep. Last post on 6/12/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One pair of my Sony MDR-CD2000's died, and sony gave me this much as a "refund" : Last post on 4/1/11 at 2:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben is selling uber rare headphones on Taobao for exuberant prices Last post on 5/11/12 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition and audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them....
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones - Page 2post #16 of 16319/4/10 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16319/4/10 at 2:27pm
... bit like the MDR-7509HD specification isn't it?Sony MDR-7509HD Spec :
- Frequency response : 5Hz - 80kHz
- Impedence : 24 Ohms
- Sensitivity : 107 dB/mW
Don't get me wrong - I don't fall for frequency response charts, instead trusting my own ears - but the specs here would suggest to me that Sony are just repackaging a cheap, existing driver in another housing, and charging more. Obviously, it may be the best sounding headphone (possibly - can't say without trying it), but I won't be holding my breath at the moment, given that rather than being evolutionary (Beyer T1, Senn HD800), it seems to be keeping a closed back driver in a closed back body... infact it looks suspiciously like an MDR-7509 in a pretty, leather head-banded body for a lot of money.
Still, I'll keep loving my PFR-V1. Sony needs to go back to 'innovating', most of their products of late seem to be just rehashing, or 'playing it safe'. Where is my PFR-V2?! :)
Edited by Bencrest - 9/4/10 at 2:34pmpost #18 of 16319/4/10 at 3:02pmpost #19 of 16319/4/10 at 3:13pmpost #20 of 16319/4/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
A tough and rugged studio aesthetic is what I see.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.post #21 of 16319/4/10 at 3:32pmpost #22 of 16319/4/10 at 3:39pmpost #23 of 16319/4/10 at 4:27pmQuote:
I like that too. Same thing with the DT770 PRO except the DT770 have more of a military look to them. I think these new Sonys look sick.
post #24 of 16319/4/10 at 5:08pmpost #25 of 16319/4/10 at 5:31pmI agree, Kukuk. These look great and I didn't much like the looks of the HD-800 at first. If they didn't sound so damned good, I'd hate them. I sure hope Sony produced another winner with these.post #26 of 16319/4/10 at 7:21pmpost #27 of 16319/4/10 at 7:26pmpost #28 of 16319/4/10 at 8:06pmpost #29 of 16319/4/10 at 8:07pmpost #30 of 16319/4/10 at 8:25pm
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 3 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 28 seconds ago
- › Mojo's Greatest Hits 1 minute ago
- › Westone 3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse