Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone technology: Are we at an end? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I'm in too deep. Last post on 6/12/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One pair of my Sony MDR-CD2000's died, and sony gave me this much as a "refund" : Last post on 4/1/11 at 2:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben is selling uber rare headphones on Taobao for exuberant prices Last post on 5/11/12 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones - Page 2post #16 of 16269/4/10 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16269/4/10 at 2:27pm
... bit like the MDR-7509HD specification isn't it?Sony MDR-7509HD Spec :
- Frequency response : 5Hz - 80kHz
- Impedence : 24 Ohms
- Sensitivity : 107 dB/mW
Don't get me wrong - I don't fall for frequency response charts, instead trusting my own ears - but the specs here would suggest to me that Sony are just repackaging a cheap, existing driver in another housing, and charging more. Obviously, it may be the best sounding headphone (possibly - can't say without trying it), but I won't be holding my breath at the moment, given that rather than being evolutionary (Beyer T1, Senn HD800), it seems to be keeping a closed back driver in a closed back body... infact it looks suspiciously like an MDR-7509 in a pretty, leather head-banded body for a lot of money.
Still, I'll keep loving my PFR-V1. Sony needs to go back to 'innovating', most of their products of late seem to be just rehashing, or 'playing it safe'. Where is my PFR-V2?! :)
Edited by Bencrest - 9/4/10 at 2:34pmpost #18 of 16269/4/10 at 3:02pmpost #19 of 16269/4/10 at 3:13pmpost #20 of 16269/4/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
A tough and rugged studio aesthetic is what I see.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.post #21 of 16269/4/10 at 3:32pmpost #22 of 16269/4/10 at 3:39pmpost #23 of 16269/4/10 at 4:27pmQuote:
I like that too. Same thing with the DT770 PRO except the DT770 have more of a military look to them. I think these new Sonys look sick.
post #24 of 16269/4/10 at 5:08pmpost #25 of 16269/4/10 at 5:31pmI agree, Kukuk. These look great and I didn't much like the looks of the HD-800 at first. If they didn't sound so damned good, I'd hate them. I sure hope Sony produced another winner with these.post #26 of 16269/4/10 at 7:21pmpost #27 of 16269/4/10 at 7:26pmpost #28 of 16269/4/10 at 8:06pmpost #29 of 16269/4/10 at 8:07pm
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 34 seconds ago
- › Icon Audio HP8 mkII trade for Audio Woo 6. Only EU. 1 minute ago
- › Headphones For Music, Gaming & Films [Anything Better Than My DT990... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › What effect does damping factor have on distortion? 6 minutes ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3