How about T50p? If you do, I will send mine to you right away for an operation, hehe.....
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 9/7/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/7/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/7/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/7/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/7/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on 8/19/14 at 5:14pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Mod Last post on 6/14/14 at 7:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video - Page 3post #31 of 429/12/10 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 429/12/10 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #33 of 429/12/10 at 9:13amQuote:
to me, it seems the t50p would be pretty difficult to recable. the stock one is so thin and the strain relief is also pretty thin. i guess you could replace it with a better quality thin wire but to me it seems to do a decent job for such a thin cable.post #34 of 429/12/10 at 9:21amThread Starter
I believe they both use Sommer cable which is very nice stuff. SaiSai in my opinion the T50P may not benefit from a new cable as it's just a portable phone.
Although I would still love to make a video on them for my youtube channel ;)post #35 of 429/12/10 at 9:26amQuote:
after my setup gets here ill loan you mine, if you pay shipping. should be ast early as the coming friday but dono for surepost #36 of 429/12/10 at 10:12amThread Starterpost #37 of 429/12/10 at 12:11pm
I need to establish whether LCD-2s, HE-6s, or T1s are the best next headphone to try out. It's hard to say if I'd enjoy any of them more than my HD800s given my current setup. In all honesty I only want LCD-2s for research purposes, and pure curiosity as to how orthos stack up...I wish there was a 4 or 5 way shootout with some high end gear, preferably a B22 to test them with, as that's the best amp I have now.
Edited by scootermafia - 9/12/10 at 12:13pmpost #38 of 4210/10/10 at 8:34am
Nice review Zombie_X, quite informative. Would you suggest me the best desktop amp I can get under 500$ for my current DT990 250ohm and my further upgrade - mighty T1 ? Personaly I like DT990 for their detail and bass depth but from my current source (Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC/AMP) they sound way too bright, trebles make my ears bleed in an hour, and the bass is deep but overwhelming and uncontrolled.. I would be happy to get the best price/performance ratio for the money I have and get some control and balance over DT990. This amp would be used exclusively with this 2 headphones and I'm not willing sell the amp after I buy T1, so it must be good enough for both this headphones, reveal their potential as much as possible for the money i have.. Guys suggested me ask you personal 'course you've got huge experience in this domain...
Edited by AlexRoma - 10/10/10 at 8:42ampost #39 of 4210/10/10 at 10:07am
Yes, great video Zombie_X. I loved the informal, unrefined quality to it, it made me relax and listen to the descriptions, rather than think that I'm listening to someone trying to sell me something.post #40 of 4210/10/10 at 10:23amThread Starter
I can recommend the WA3 headphone amp. I have the older WA3+ but with the right tubes the DT990's treble won't be a problem for you. The amp itself is $495 bucks but t will do both of those headphone justice!
Oh and as for the tubes, try to get some Bugle Boy 6DJ8's and a RCA 6AS7. That combo will give you silky smooth sound and more midrange as well.
Quote:Originally Posted by AlexRoma
Nice review Zombie_X, quite informative. Would you suggest me the best desktop amp I can get under 500$ for my current DT990 250ohm and my further upgrade - mighty T1 ? Personaly I like DT990 for their detail and bass depth but from my current source (Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC/AMP) they sound way too bright, trebles make my ears bleed in an hour, and the bass is deep but overwhelming and uncontrolled.. I would be happy to get the best price/performance ratio for the money I have and get some control and balance over DT990. This amp would be used exclusively with this 2 headphones and I'm not willing sell the amp after I buy T1, so it must be good enough for both this headphones, reveal their potential as much as possible for the money i have.. Guys suggested me ask you personal 'course you've got huge experience in this domain...post #41 of 4210/10/10 at 1:34pm
Zombie_X, thanks. On more question.. I've been also looking on some chinese stuff like LD MkIII or even LD MkIV , they are really cheap -> Twice cheaper than Woo or Ming MG. ? . In other threads people quite often recommend that lovely device Ming MG, can you say something about it too ? It's just a small problem with WA3 - shipping to my country will add about 100$, and the final price will overpass 600$ for sure ...
Just have found the answer LD MKIV vs WA3 : -> I would say save up another $200 and get the WA3+. The Woo is a far better amp and gives even more power output to the headphones. It fully drives my T1's no problem
Hoping to find the answer about LD MkIV vs Ming MG too...
Edited by AlexRoma - 10/11/10 at 3:54pm
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 1 minute ago
- › Stax 404 Signature 1 minute ago
- › Official Survey - What’s your personality profile? Take our quiz! 2 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current's upcoming SS amp called Red Top ?! 3 minutes ago
- › Portable on-ear for use on daily commute 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)