How about T50p? If you do, I will send mine to you right away for an operation, hehe.....
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 9/7/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/7/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/7/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/7/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/7/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 7:03 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Mod Last post on 1/18/15 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video - Page 3post #31 of 429/12/10 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 429/12/10 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #33 of 429/12/10 at 9:13amQuote:
to me, it seems the t50p would be pretty difficult to recable. the stock one is so thin and the strain relief is also pretty thin. i guess you could replace it with a better quality thin wire but to me it seems to do a decent job for such a thin cable.post #34 of 429/12/10 at 9:21amThread Starter
I believe they both use Sommer cable which is very nice stuff. SaiSai in my opinion the T50P may not benefit from a new cable as it's just a portable phone.
Although I would still love to make a video on them for my youtube channel ;)post #35 of 429/12/10 at 9:26amQuote:
after my setup gets here ill loan you mine, if you pay shipping. should be ast early as the coming friday but dono for surepost #36 of 429/12/10 at 10:12amThread Starterpost #37 of 429/12/10 at 12:11pm
I need to establish whether LCD-2s, HE-6s, or T1s are the best next headphone to try out. It's hard to say if I'd enjoy any of them more than my HD800s given my current setup. In all honesty I only want LCD-2s for research purposes, and pure curiosity as to how orthos stack up...I wish there was a 4 or 5 way shootout with some high end gear, preferably a B22 to test them with, as that's the best amp I have now.
Edited by scootermafia - 9/12/10 at 12:13pmpost #38 of 4210/10/10 at 8:34am
Nice review Zombie_X, quite informative. Would you suggest me the best desktop amp I can get under 500$ for my current DT990 250ohm and my further upgrade - mighty T1 ? Personaly I like DT990 for their detail and bass depth but from my current source (Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC/AMP) they sound way too bright, trebles make my ears bleed in an hour, and the bass is deep but overwhelming and uncontrolled.. I would be happy to get the best price/performance ratio for the money I have and get some control and balance over DT990. This amp would be used exclusively with this 2 headphones and I'm not willing sell the amp after I buy T1, so it must be good enough for both this headphones, reveal their potential as much as possible for the money i have.. Guys suggested me ask you personal 'course you've got huge experience in this domain...
Edited by AlexRoma - 10/10/10 at 8:42ampost #39 of 4210/10/10 at 10:07am
Yes, great video Zombie_X. I loved the informal, unrefined quality to it, it made me relax and listen to the descriptions, rather than think that I'm listening to someone trying to sell me something.post #40 of 4210/10/10 at 10:23amThread Starter
I can recommend the WA3 headphone amp. I have the older WA3+ but with the right tubes the DT990's treble won't be a problem for you. The amp itself is $495 bucks but t will do both of those headphone justice!
Oh and as for the tubes, try to get some Bugle Boy 6DJ8's and a RCA 6AS7. That combo will give you silky smooth sound and more midrange as well.
Quote:Originally Posted by AlexRoma
Nice review Zombie_X, quite informative. Would you suggest me the best desktop amp I can get under 500$ for my current DT990 250ohm and my further upgrade - mighty T1 ? Personaly I like DT990 for their detail and bass depth but from my current source (Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC/AMP) they sound way too bright, trebles make my ears bleed in an hour, and the bass is deep but overwhelming and uncontrolled.. I would be happy to get the best price/performance ratio for the money I have and get some control and balance over DT990. This amp would be used exclusively with this 2 headphones and I'm not willing sell the amp after I buy T1, so it must be good enough for both this headphones, reveal their potential as much as possible for the money i have.. Guys suggested me ask you personal 'course you've got huge experience in this domain...post #41 of 4210/10/10 at 1:34pm
Zombie_X, thanks. On more question.. I've been also looking on some chinese stuff like LD MkIII or even LD MkIV , they are really cheap -> Twice cheaper than Woo or Ming MG. ? . In other threads people quite often recommend that lovely device Ming MG, can you say something about it too ? It's just a small problem with WA3 - shipping to my country will add about 100$, and the final price will overpass 600$ for sure ...
Just have found the answer LD MKIV vs WA3 : -> I would say save up another $200 and get the WA3+. The Woo is a far better amp and gives even more power output to the headphones. It fully drives my T1's no problem
Hoping to find the answer about LD MkIV vs Ming MG too...
Edited by AlexRoma - 10/11/10 at 3:54pm
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Am I Doing It Wrong? Lyr + Bifrost Sounds The Same As Straight To... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Currently moving into ortho... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2