Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphones for bassheads.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones for bassheads.

post #1 of 51
Thread Starter 
I need headphones like Sony MDR-XB700, but I was wondering, maybe anyone can recommend other cans with extra huge bass, witch could be better than these by their bass accurate, high and mids quality or something like that. Main thing is still HUGE BASS!!!
post #2 of 51

Welcome to Head-Fi.

 

What's your budget for buying new headphones, and what equipment will you be plugging into?

post #3 of 51

If you dont have a nice amp...get the DT990's (32 ohm) or something on the beyer's line. 

post #4 of 51
Thread Starter 

Well I plug them to my Logitech Z-5500. I would waste about $200 to $250, but you can still mention more expensive headphones, in case when I should want to buy something better. :) Sorry when you don't understand me, i'm from Estonia so... :D

post #5 of 51

FWIR, the headphone out on the Z5500 is very low quality. I suggest spending some of your $ on a better way to connect your headphones to your computer. Then buy whatever bass heavy headphones you want.

post #6 of 51

Get an ATH-WS50 or WS70. Got mine 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying the punchy powerful bass audio technica has created in this line. maybe it has something to do with double air-chambers in the cup..

post #7 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time View Post

FWIR, the headphone out on the Z5500 is very low quality. I suggest spending some of your $ on a better way to connect your headphones to your computer. Then buy whatever bass heavy headphones you want.


Right...

If you are using onboard, get a soundcard like the Asus xonar essence stx. 

Unless you want something that works well unamped, and onboard could be enough. 

post #8 of 51
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBananaMan View Post

Get an ATH-WS50 or WS70. Got mine 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying the punchy powerful bass audio technica has created in this line. maybe it has something to do with double air-chambers in the cup..



These are on my ear because the pads around ear are too thin. But I will think about these too, have tried these and know they're very good :).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by desktophifi View Post




Right...

If you are using onboard, get a soundcard like the Asus xonar essence stx. 

Unless you want something that works well unamped, and onboard could be enough. 


I have already thinked about buying Asus Xonar. If you say Essence STX is good then I'm gonna' buy this too. ;D

post #9 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuul View Post

 


I have already thinked about buying Asus Xonar. If you say Essence STX is good then I'm gonna' buy this too. ;D


The Xonar dx is more a multipurpose card, but the Essence have a built in headphone amplifier...nice for driving headphones that require more power.  

post #10 of 51

with XB700 you will get the surprising quantity of bass that will shake your ears. with trade off you will not get the best mid and high.

bayerdynamic DT880/600 gives you a good of everything, and the bass can be improved with close back mod. trade off is that you will need a good amp.

then there is shure srh750, some somplains its bass being too much while sound close to srh840 which is one of the top $200 can.

 

it's really difficult to describe the bass of headphone without a reference because it's so different than speakers. do you own or have had a headphone before? if yes, what model is it and how did you like the bass, mid and high.

post #11 of 51

if you have $500-$750 to spend, a pair of Thunderpants (orthos) are outstanding in the bass, and overall amazing sound departments

 

Denon ah-d2000 are also pretty bassy - they can be had for about $180 used last time i checked

 

I have owned both of these headphones

post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lie495fc View Post

with XB700 you will get the surprising quantity of bass that will shake your ears. with trade off you will not get the best mid and high.

bayerdynamic DT880/600 gives you a good of everything, and the bass can be improved with close back mod. trade off is that you will need a good amp.

then there is shure srh750, some somplains its bass being too much while sound close to srh840 which is one of the top $200 can.

 

it's really difficult to describe the bass of headphone without a reference because it's so different than speakers. do you own or have had a headphone before? if yes, what model is it and how did you like the bass, mid and high.


You're recommending the DT880 to a basshead?

post #13 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassophile View Post




You're recommending the DT880 to a basshead?


my impression from reading that they can be closed back mod to have bass like a DT770. im sorry if im passing on the wrong info.

post #14 of 51

dt 990 maybe what u need, i havent tried them but after reading of their bass prowess i too would like to try.  i can safely recommend some denon 2000.

post #15 of 51

Take this with a pinch of salt because I don't have much to compare against, certainly nothing expensive as yet, but when I first started this headphone fetish bass was the main thing for me (and it's still vital but not the one and only anymore) anyways I've since come to appreciate things like clarity and detail in headphones - and for me the best headphones I've heard that I did not have any qualms about the bass or other frequencies with were the Koss Porta Pro - they're a bargain too at £20 new - in fact these are so good to me at least (and I'm by no means an audiophile know it all or uber experienced) but I can honestly say that the only reason I'm upgrading from these is purely a cosmetic and ergonomic factor in that I personally much prefer over ear headphones as opposed to on ear headphones, still I can honestly say my reason for upgrade isn't from sound dissatisfaction such is how much I rate the Koss Porta Pro and I feel the bass, detail and clarity are it's best parts. At £20 new you cannot possibly go wrong with them for what you get. 

 

Worth a shot for the price and if not for you well it's not like it cost you a fortune to find that out - and you might just save a fortune. Never know til you try..... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphones for bassheads.