Hmm, seeing as the D10 only uses one opamp, I'm guessing they're all dual channel? Or can some work as both?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 5post #61 of 5579/23/10 at 9:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 5579/23/10 at 11:42am
D10 uses dual channel opamps, so they won't be compatible.
Unless you have two opamps on a socketed 2x1 adapter, then you can remove the two since they are mono opamps and use them in the XM6.
Edited by Mad Max - 9/23/10 at 11:44ampost #63 of 5579/23/10 at 3:14pmThread StarterQuote:
You're right, my bad. I haven't owned a D10 in a long while.
post #64 of 5579/24/10 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #65 of 5579/24/10 at 4:37pmpost #66 of 5579/24/10 at 4:48pmpost #67 of 5579/24/10 at 5:26pmpost #68 of 5579/24/10 at 5:31pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes, I believe so...
-HK sendspost #69 of 5579/25/10 at 1:29pmpost #70 of 5579/25/10 at 2:05pmpost #71 of 5579/25/10 at 2:09pmQuote:
Yes, that would make it nearly complete and hard to beat.post #72 of 5579/25/10 at 3:18pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm not sure when PD plans to release the XM6 (I hope they weren't waiting on me), or what the final price is supposed to be.
That was my suggestion to PD. Maybe we'll see it in the XM7?
post #73 of 5579/26/10 at 4:52pm
Well the D12 just came out, which is pretty stiff competition right off the hop. Let's hope the little Canadian amp maker can make a good run of it.post #74 of 5579/26/10 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
I hope so too. At least you get color choices with the XM6. I would love to get a D12 in black or blue.
-HK sendspost #75 of 5579/27/10 at 5:33am
I hope the pricing is competitive at least. Oftentimes people don't account for all the features in the value, so all they see is $ for a dac/amp which put the XM5 at a disadvantage, and will probably affect the XM6 similarly. iBasso also has better momentum going for them and release more products overall, so their name recommendation is way up.
I think if the XM6 were able to use all these dual channel opamps I have, it'd almost be a sure sale for me (plus I like to support my local Canadian guys).
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 2 minutes ago
- › best headphone for 90$ 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Energy Distortion of STAX and other phones with... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Now that Focal introduced beryllium into the headphone market, will... 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe... 4 minutes ago
- › The Mighty Legend Omega! 8 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 9 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...