Hmm, seeing as the D10 only uses one opamp, I'm guessing they're all dual channel? Or can some work as both?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 5post #61 of 5559/23/10 at 9:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 5559/23/10 at 11:42am
D10 uses dual channel opamps, so they won't be compatible.
Unless you have two opamps on a socketed 2x1 adapter, then you can remove the two since they are mono opamps and use them in the XM6.
Edited by Mad Max - 9/23/10 at 11:44ampost #63 of 5559/23/10 at 3:14pmThread StarterQuote:
You're right, my bad. I haven't owned a D10 in a long while.
post #64 of 5559/24/10 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #65 of 5559/24/10 at 4:37pmpost #66 of 5559/24/10 at 4:48pmpost #67 of 5559/24/10 at 5:26pmpost #68 of 5559/24/10 at 5:31pmThread Starterpost #69 of 5559/25/10 at 1:29pmpost #70 of 5559/25/10 at 2:05pmpost #71 of 5559/25/10 at 2:09pmQuote:
Yes, that would make it nearly complete and hard to beat.post #72 of 5559/25/10 at 3:18pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm not sure when PD plans to release the XM6 (I hope they weren't waiting on me), or what the final price is supposed to be.
That was my suggestion to PD. Maybe we'll see it in the XM7?
post #73 of 5559/26/10 at 4:52pm
Well the D12 just came out, which is pretty stiff competition right off the hop. Let's hope the little Canadian amp maker can make a good run of it.post #74 of 5559/26/10 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
I hope so too. At least you get color choices with the XM6. I would love to get a D12 in black or blue.
-HK sendspost #75 of 5559/27/10 at 5:33am
I hope the pricing is competitive at least. Oftentimes people don't account for all the features in the value, so all they see is $ for a dac/amp which put the XM5 at a disadvantage, and will probably affect the XM6 similarly. iBasso also has better momentum going for them and release more products overall, so their name recommendation is way up.
I think if the XM6 were able to use all these dual channel opamps I have, it'd almost be a sure sale for me (plus I like to support my local Canadian guys).
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HD 598 vs Brainwavz HM5? 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 9 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 1 minute ago
- › Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo 2 vs Something Else 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by potatoe94
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3