Hmm, seeing as the D10 only uses one opamp, I'm guessing they're all dual channel? Or can some work as both?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Huaham E701 Silence Dreamer in-ear monitor was on sale for $26.99 USD on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 5post #61 of 5559/23/10 at 9:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 5559/23/10 at 11:42am
D10 uses dual channel opamps, so they won't be compatible.
Unless you have two opamps on a socketed 2x1 adapter, then you can remove the two since they are mono opamps and use them in the XM6.
Edited by Mad Max - 9/23/10 at 11:44ampost #63 of 5559/23/10 at 3:14pmThread StarterQuote:
You're right, my bad. I haven't owned a D10 in a long while.
post #64 of 5559/24/10 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #65 of 5559/24/10 at 4:37pmpost #66 of 5559/24/10 at 4:48pmpost #67 of 5559/24/10 at 5:26pmpost #68 of 5559/24/10 at 5:31pmThread Starterpost #69 of 5559/25/10 at 1:29pmpost #70 of 5559/25/10 at 2:05pmpost #71 of 5559/25/10 at 2:09pmQuote:
Yes, that would make it nearly complete and hard to beat.post #72 of 5559/25/10 at 3:18pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm not sure when PD plans to release the XM6 (I hope they weren't waiting on me), or what the final price is supposed to be.
That was my suggestion to PD. Maybe we'll see it in the XM7?
post #73 of 5559/26/10 at 4:52pm
Well the D12 just came out, which is pretty stiff competition right off the hop. Let's hope the little Canadian amp maker can make a good run of it.post #74 of 5559/26/10 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
I hope so too. At least you get color choices with the XM6. I would love to get a D12 in black or blue.
-HK sendspost #75 of 5559/27/10 at 5:33am
I hope the pricing is competitive at least. Oftentimes people don't account for all the features in the value, so all they see is $ for a dac/amp which put the XM5 at a disadvantage, and will probably affect the XM6 similarly. iBasso also has better momentum going for them and release more products overall, so their name recommendation is way up.
I think if the XM6 were able to use all these dual channel opamps I have, it'd almost be a sure sale for me (plus I like to support my local Canadian guys).
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 52 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 55 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Innovations in 3D Audio from the Dawn of VR (and other related... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Where are the Pioneer HDJ 2000 reviews? 3 minutes ago
- › Is accessoryjack.com a legit site? 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › Huaham Ultimate Edition E701 Noodle Style Ergonomics Noise... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2