Hmm, seeing as the D10 only uses one opamp, I'm guessing they're all dual channel? Or can some work as both?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 5post #61 of 5559/23/10 at 9:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 5559/23/10 at 11:42am
D10 uses dual channel opamps, so they won't be compatible.
Unless you have two opamps on a socketed 2x1 adapter, then you can remove the two since they are mono opamps and use them in the XM6.
Edited by Mad Max - 9/23/10 at 11:44ampost #63 of 5559/23/10 at 3:14pmThread StarterQuote:
You're right, my bad. I haven't owned a D10 in a long while.
post #64 of 5559/24/10 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #65 of 5559/24/10 at 4:37pmpost #66 of 5559/24/10 at 4:48pmpost #67 of 5559/24/10 at 5:26pmpost #68 of 5559/24/10 at 5:31pmThread Starterpost #69 of 5559/25/10 at 1:29pmpost #70 of 5559/25/10 at 2:05pmpost #71 of 5559/25/10 at 2:09pmQuote:
Yes, that would make it nearly complete and hard to beat.post #72 of 5559/25/10 at 3:18pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm not sure when PD plans to release the XM6 (I hope they weren't waiting on me), or what the final price is supposed to be.
That was my suggestion to PD. Maybe we'll see it in the XM7?
post #73 of 5559/26/10 at 4:52pm
Well the D12 just came out, which is pretty stiff competition right off the hop. Let's hope the little Canadian amp maker can make a good run of it.post #74 of 5559/26/10 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
I hope so too. At least you get color choices with the XM6. I would love to get a D12 in black or blue.
-HK sendspost #75 of 5559/27/10 at 5:33am
I hope the pricing is competitive at least. Oftentimes people don't account for all the features in the value, so all they see is $ for a dac/amp which put the XM5 at a disadvantage, and will probably affect the XM6 similarly. iBasso also has better momentum going for them and release more products overall, so their name recommendation is way up.
I think if the XM6 were able to use all these dual channel opamps I have, it'd almost be a sure sale for me (plus I like to support my local Canadian guys).
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 30 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should i upgrade? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200, LNIB 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)