^ You should have driven over, heck you have a 3 day weekend! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 2post #16 of 5579/4/10 at 3:40pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 5579/4/10 at 9:41pmThread Starter
Yea , about like you heading up to Pensacola to pick up an amp? Besides, I don't think the cops would appreciate me wearing my LA2000 cans while I drive:
"...it's the truth, Officer. I was evaluating this here headphone amp and wanted to track the sound quality changes during burn-in...".
If I had my Grado HF-2s, he might just have bought it...
P'cola is my home town...
Edited by HK_sends - 9/4/10 at 9:47pmpost #18 of 5579/5/10 at 10:57ampost #19 of 5579/5/10 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
That would be great, but if you check my current location, I'm about as far from there right now as I could get... Of course if we could catch everyone between here and Miami, we could have a CanJam!
I keep asking myself, what's a nice Floridian doing out in California, anyway?
Oh well, I had to follow the money....
Edited by HK_sends - 9/5/10 at 11:41ampost #20 of 5579/5/10 at 1:16pmpost #21 of 5579/5/10 at 2:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Practical Devices is Canadian. The comment that mrarroyo made was why didn't I just run up to Canada and pick up the amp? That would be a bit of a trek from central California, kind of like him running from Southeast Florida up to Northwest...
Just trying to be funny... and bide my time until the XM6 shows up.
post #22 of 5579/5/10 at 3:34pmpost #23 of 5579/5/10 at 3:48pmpost #24 of 5579/8/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Just got it in the mail today. I'll take it out, RTFM, charge it up, and start burn-in tonight. I hope to post pics and impressions this weekend.
-HK sendspost #25 of 5579/8/10 at 7:12pmpost #26 of 5579/8/10 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #27 of 5579/9/10 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #28 of 5579/12/10 at 4:35pmThread Starter
Folks, I'm sorry for the delay but I have been under the weather this whole weekend and unable to properly evaluate the XM6.
Give me a couple of days and I'll post.
I apologize for the delay,
-HK sendspost #29 of 5579/12/10 at 6:00pm
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bad Headphone Connector Wiring Issues - What Could Be Wrong? 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 2 minutes ago
- › MicroZOTL2 Upgrade Discovery Thread..... 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...