^ You should have driven over, heck you have a 3 day weekend! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 2post #16 of 5559/4/10 at 3:40pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 5559/4/10 at 9:41pmThread Starter
Yea , about like you heading up to Pensacola to pick up an amp? Besides, I don't think the cops would appreciate me wearing my LA2000 cans while I drive:
"...it's the truth, Officer. I was evaluating this here headphone amp and wanted to track the sound quality changes during burn-in...".
If I had my Grado HF-2s, he might just have bought it...
P'cola is my home town...
Edited by HK_sends - 9/4/10 at 9:47pmpost #18 of 5559/5/10 at 10:57ampost #19 of 5559/5/10 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
That would be great, but if you check my current location, I'm about as far from there right now as I could get... Of course if we could catch everyone between here and Miami, we could have a CanJam!
I keep asking myself, what's a nice Floridian doing out in California, anyway?
Oh well, I had to follow the money....
Edited by HK_sends - 9/5/10 at 11:41ampost #20 of 5559/5/10 at 1:16pmpost #21 of 5559/5/10 at 2:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Practical Devices is Canadian. The comment that mrarroyo made was why didn't I just run up to Canada and pick up the amp? That would be a bit of a trek from central California, kind of like him running from Southeast Florida up to Northwest...
Just trying to be funny... and bide my time until the XM6 shows up.
post #22 of 5559/5/10 at 3:34pmpost #23 of 5559/5/10 at 3:48pmpost #24 of 5559/8/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Just got it in the mail today. I'll take it out, RTFM, charge it up, and start burn-in tonight. I hope to post pics and impressions this weekend.
-HK sendspost #25 of 5559/8/10 at 7:12pmpost #26 of 5559/8/10 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #27 of 5559/9/10 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #28 of 5559/12/10 at 4:35pmThread Starter
Folks, I'm sorry for the delay but I have been under the weather this whole weekend and unable to properly evaluate the XM6.
Give me a couple of days and I'll post.
I apologize for the delay,
-HK sendspost #29 of 5559/12/10 at 6:00pm
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 14 seconds ago
- › Finding a new affordable source 31 seconds ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 37 seconds ago
- › Garage 1217 Project Polaris SS amp (UK/EU) **Final Final Reduction!!** 52 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH IM50, great sound, bad fit (First post) 3 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...