^ You should have driven over, heck you have a 3 day weekend! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 2post #16 of 5559/4/10 at 3:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 5559/4/10 at 9:41pmThread Starter
Yea , about like you heading up to Pensacola to pick up an amp? Besides, I don't think the cops would appreciate me wearing my LA2000 cans while I drive:
"...it's the truth, Officer. I was evaluating this here headphone amp and wanted to track the sound quality changes during burn-in...".
If I had my Grado HF-2s, he might just have bought it...
P'cola is my home town...
Edited by HK_sends - 9/4/10 at 9:47pmpost #18 of 5559/5/10 at 10:57ampost #19 of 5559/5/10 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
That would be great, but if you check my current location, I'm about as far from there right now as I could get... Of course if we could catch everyone between here and Miami, we could have a CanJam!
I keep asking myself, what's a nice Floridian doing out in California, anyway?
Oh well, I had to follow the money....
Edited by HK_sends - 9/5/10 at 11:41ampost #20 of 5559/5/10 at 1:16pmpost #21 of 5559/5/10 at 2:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Practical Devices is Canadian. The comment that mrarroyo made was why didn't I just run up to Canada and pick up the amp? That would be a bit of a trek from central California, kind of like him running from Southeast Florida up to Northwest...
Just trying to be funny... and bide my time until the XM6 shows up.
post #22 of 5559/5/10 at 3:34pmpost #23 of 5559/5/10 at 3:48pmpost #24 of 5559/8/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Just got it in the mail today. I'll take it out, RTFM, charge it up, and start burn-in tonight. I hope to post pics and impressions this weekend.
-HK sendspost #25 of 5559/8/10 at 7:12pmpost #26 of 5559/8/10 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #27 of 5559/9/10 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #28 of 5559/12/10 at 4:35pmThread Starter
Folks, I'm sorry for the delay but I have been under the weather this whole weekend and unable to properly evaluate the XM6.
Give me a couple of days and I'll post.
I apologize for the delay,
-HK sendspost #29 of 5559/12/10 at 6:00pm
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 31 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Charleston Cable Company Headphone Cables and Interconnects - WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for NC/NI In-ear Headphones for Bustling Work Environment 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones under 150$ 6 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob