^ You should have driven over, heck you have a 3 day weekend! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandPratical Devicestagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable Amp/Dac with RCA output Last post on 8/9/12 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz for providing me a sample of the S0 for review. This is only the second Brainwavz earphone I’ve had the pleasure to audition, the...
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
Thanks to Brainwavz for this review set of pleather and velour replacement pads. I bought a pair of the pleather models a year or so ago in an effort to make my wife's JVC S400's more comfortable...
To give you an idea of where I'm coming from I have owned JH audio JH5 IEMs, Fostex T50rps, and Audio Technica ATH-M50x's. My Fostex T50rps were issued to me at audio engineering school and were...
New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review) - Page 2post #16 of 5559/4/10 at 3:40pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 5559/4/10 at 9:41pmThread Starter
Yea , about like you heading up to Pensacola to pick up an amp? Besides, I don't think the cops would appreciate me wearing my LA2000 cans while I drive:
"...it's the truth, Officer. I was evaluating this here headphone amp and wanted to track the sound quality changes during burn-in...".
If I had my Grado HF-2s, he might just have bought it...
P'cola is my home town...
Edited by HK_sends - 9/4/10 at 9:47pmpost #18 of 5559/5/10 at 10:57ampost #19 of 5559/5/10 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
That would be great, but if you check my current location, I'm about as far from there right now as I could get... Of course if we could catch everyone between here and Miami, we could have a CanJam!
I keep asking myself, what's a nice Floridian doing out in California, anyway?
Oh well, I had to follow the money....
Edited by HK_sends - 9/5/10 at 11:41ampost #20 of 5559/5/10 at 1:16pmpost #21 of 5559/5/10 at 2:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Practical Devices is Canadian. The comment that mrarroyo made was why didn't I just run up to Canada and pick up the amp? That would be a bit of a trek from central California, kind of like him running from Southeast Florida up to Northwest...
Just trying to be funny... and bide my time until the XM6 shows up.
post #22 of 5559/5/10 at 3:34pmpost #23 of 5559/5/10 at 3:48pmpost #24 of 5559/8/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Just got it in the mail today. I'll take it out, RTFM, charge it up, and start burn-in tonight. I hope to post pics and impressions this weekend.
-HK sendspost #25 of 5559/8/10 at 7:12pmpost #26 of 5559/8/10 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #27 of 5559/9/10 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #28 of 5559/12/10 at 4:35pmThread Starter
Folks, I'm sorry for the delay but I have been under the weather this whole weekend and unable to properly evaluate the XM6.
Give me a couple of days and I'll post.
I apologize for the delay,
-HK sendspost #29 of 5559/12/10 at 6:00pm
- New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 13 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD 10.33 59 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR 7550, MINT, shipped and paypaled in EU! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › AT CKR9 as new, EU only, shipped and paypaled! 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer U-05 USB DAC/amp with dual ES9016 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › Shure SRH840 by justyourboy
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3