- 14,868 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which entry level-IEM? Last post on 8/29/10 at 2:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone use Comply tips with their a-jays? Last post on 1/31/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A-Jays. Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the greatest among the two; t-jays three or beats tour? Last post on 9/21/11 at 11:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Feels Pro 900 Last post on 2/6/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Before I start my review, I wold like to Thank Penon Audio for providing me with a review loaner of DITA Audio The Answer headphones in exchange for my honest opinion. I tested and reviewed a...
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
[REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion - Page 2post #16 of 3111/22/11 at 5:29amThread StarterAssuming you are in KL, I really think you should visit Jaben @ Subang Jaya and audition a few IEM for yourself. I am actually less familiar with the KL market than I am with the Singapore market. But if you can find JAYS, I'll recommend any of the t-JAYS over the aJAYS.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 3111/22/11 at 5:15pmpost #18 of 3110/31/12 at 2:07am
Durability of a-jays? I bought mine (a-jays three) on July 4th 2012. Have been quite happy with overall value for money.... until today (Oct 31, 2012). While on my way to work, the right bud just stopped playing, most probably due to worn cable... Came alive a couple of times for a few seconds at a time, but now dead for good. FOUR MONTHS' OLD EARPHONES ARE DEAD AND USELESS... So much for a-jays three durabilitypost #19 of 3110/31/12 at 3:49amThread Starterpost #20 of 3111/9/12 at 3:22am
I am looking for some new in-ear headphones to replace my samsungs which i got with my s2. I like these headphones but I would like to try something better.
I listen to the following music genres,
- Progressive House
I’ve been looking at quite a lot headphones and I my eyes fell on the A-jays series. They look really good and seem to have a good audio quality.
I am thinking about buying the a-jays three, Is this a good choice for the music I listen to or should I go for another type?
Thank you,post #21 of 3111/9/12 at 4:45amThread StarterIf your Samsung comes with the default EHS64# headset (*as long as it starts with EHS64), then unfortunately none of the a-JAYS will be an upgrade over it since EHS64 is actually quite a decent stock headset. I'll suggest Brainwavz M5 + mic.instead.post #22 of 3111/9/12 at 5:03am
Thanks Clieos for your fast response,
I just googled the EHS64, and this is not the headphone I have.
It seems like I have the EHS44, my first pair had a problem with the cable so I am using my dads samsung headphones now:)
So you say there is a big difference between the 64 and the 44 version?
I just took a quick look at the m5's, I don't need the mic because I listen to my music on a ipod or is there a difference in sound with the one with a mic or the one without?
Thank you again!post #23 of 3111/9/12 at 6:45amThread Starterpost #24 of 3111/9/12 at 7:07ampost #25 of 3111/9/12 at 11:18am
Looking at a pair of a-JAYS Threes for use with a Jabra Clipper and my iPhone 4, for mainly rock. How are the Threes with a low-amp device like the Clipper-will an amp benefit me much?post #26 of 3111/9/12 at 6:24pmThread StarterQuote:
The money for an amp is enough to get something better sounding than a-JAYS Three. This review was written 2 years ago when a-JAYS Three makes sense as somewhat budget IEM with good build quality, but the market has moved on. I'll suggest the t-JAYS Two for its two parts cable design for BT unit, plus you can find it for <$55 on eBay and it doesn't need amping.post #27 of 3111/10/12 at 11:56am
I would rather not use such expensive earbuds as the t-jays, I tend to be very hard on earbuds and do not want to drop $90 on buds that will be lucky to see next summer. Will an amp be significant on low-end buds or am I stuck with expensive ones?post #28 of 3111/10/12 at 5:45pmThread StarterQuote:
You do realized that I wrote '<$55' (that's under $55) on my previous reply? That's pretty much the same price you will have to pay for a full retail price a-JAYS.
Of course you can pick up a FiiO E6 for just under $30, but I really think you are trying to solve a simple problem with an overly complicated solution.post #29 of 3111/11/12 at 5:58am
My bad, I didn't realize they were used on ebay for that price-I saw ebay and assumed (incorrectly) you were suggesting a used purchase. Just saw a $40 pair of t-jays, would the amp benefit the t-jays at all? If I can get a pair for $40, I could afford an amp as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 10 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 44 seconds ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Discolouration of Headphones that Aren't Black? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)