- 13,679 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which entry level-IEM? Last post on 8/29/10 at 2:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone use Comply tips with their a-jays? Last post on 1/31/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A-Jays. Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the greatest among the two; t-jays three or beats tour? Last post on 9/21/11 at 11:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Feels Pro 900 Last post on 2/6/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
[REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion - Page 2post #16 of 3111/22/11 at 5:29amThread StarterAssuming you are in KL, I really think you should visit Jaben @ Subang Jaya and audition a few IEM for yourself. I am actually less familiar with the KL market than I am with the Singapore market. But if you can find JAYS, I'll recommend any of the t-JAYS over the aJAYS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3111/22/11 at 5:15pmpost #18 of 3110/31/12 at 2:07am
Durability of a-jays? I bought mine (a-jays three) on July 4th 2012. Have been quite happy with overall value for money.... until today (Oct 31, 2012). While on my way to work, the right bud just stopped playing, most probably due to worn cable... Came alive a couple of times for a few seconds at a time, but now dead for good. FOUR MONTHS' OLD EARPHONES ARE DEAD AND USELESS... So much for a-jays three durabilitypost #19 of 3110/31/12 at 3:49amThread Starterpost #20 of 3111/9/12 at 3:22am
I am looking for some new in-ear headphones to replace my samsungs which i got with my s2. I like these headphones but I would like to try something better.
I listen to the following music genres,
- Progressive House
I’ve been looking at quite a lot headphones and I my eyes fell on the A-jays series. They look really good and seem to have a good audio quality.
I am thinking about buying the a-jays three, Is this a good choice for the music I listen to or should I go for another type?
Thank you,post #21 of 3111/9/12 at 4:45amThread StarterIf your Samsung comes with the default EHS64# headset (*as long as it starts with EHS64), then unfortunately none of the a-JAYS will be an upgrade over it since EHS64 is actually quite a decent stock headset. I'll suggest Brainwavz M5 + mic.instead.post #22 of 3111/9/12 at 5:03am
Thanks Clieos for your fast response,
I just googled the EHS64, and this is not the headphone I have.
It seems like I have the EHS44, my first pair had a problem with the cable so I am using my dads samsung headphones now:)
So you say there is a big difference between the 64 and the 44 version?
I just took a quick look at the m5's, I don't need the mic because I listen to my music on a ipod or is there a difference in sound with the one with a mic or the one without?
Thank you again!post #23 of 3111/9/12 at 6:45amThread Starterpost #24 of 3111/9/12 at 7:07ampost #25 of 3111/9/12 at 11:18am
Looking at a pair of a-JAYS Threes for use with a Jabra Clipper and my iPhone 4, for mainly rock. How are the Threes with a low-amp device like the Clipper-will an amp benefit me much?post #26 of 3111/9/12 at 6:24pmThread StarterQuote:
The money for an amp is enough to get something better sounding than a-JAYS Three. This review was written 2 years ago when a-JAYS Three makes sense as somewhat budget IEM with good build quality, but the market has moved on. I'll suggest the t-JAYS Two for its two parts cable design for BT unit, plus you can find it for <$55 on eBay and it doesn't need amping.post #27 of 3111/10/12 at 11:56am
I would rather not use such expensive earbuds as the t-jays, I tend to be very hard on earbuds and do not want to drop $90 on buds that will be lucky to see next summer. Will an amp be significant on low-end buds or am I stuck with expensive ones?post #28 of 3111/10/12 at 5:45pmThread StarterQuote:
You do realized that I wrote '<$55' (that's under $55) on my previous reply? That's pretty much the same price you will have to pay for a full retail price a-JAYS.
Of course you can pick up a FiiO E6 for just under $30, but I really think you are trying to solve a simple problem with an overly complicated solution.post #29 of 3111/11/12 at 5:58am
My bad, I didn't realize they were used on ebay for that price-I saw ebay and assumed (incorrectly) you were suggesting a used purchase. Just saw a $40 pair of t-jays, would the amp benefit the t-jays at all? If I can get a pair for $40, I could afford an amp as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Analog vs. Digital? 22 seconds ago
- › Fiio E18 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-500 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Is it worth getting really high-end headphones if your source is... 5 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 6 minutes ago
- › Can Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 be used as a sound card? 7 minutes ago
- › So do they sell Magnum v4 drivers anymore? 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude