- 13,670 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which entry level-IEM? Last post on 8/29/10 at 2:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone use Comply tips with their a-jays? Last post on 1/31/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A-Jays. Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the greatest among the two; t-jays three or beats tour? Last post on 9/21/11 at 11:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Feels Pro 900 Last post on 2/6/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
[REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion - Page 2post #16 of 3111/22/11 at 5:29amThread StarterAssuming you are in KL, I really think you should visit Jaben @ Subang Jaya and audition a few IEM for yourself. I am actually less familiar with the KL market than I am with the Singapore market. But if you can find JAYS, I'll recommend any of the t-JAYS over the aJAYS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3111/22/11 at 5:15pmpost #18 of 3110/31/12 at 2:07am
Durability of a-jays? I bought mine (a-jays three) on July 4th 2012. Have been quite happy with overall value for money.... until today (Oct 31, 2012). While on my way to work, the right bud just stopped playing, most probably due to worn cable... Came alive a couple of times for a few seconds at a time, but now dead for good. FOUR MONTHS' OLD EARPHONES ARE DEAD AND USELESS... So much for a-jays three durabilitypost #19 of 3110/31/12 at 3:49amThread Starterpost #20 of 3111/9/12 at 3:22am
I am looking for some new in-ear headphones to replace my samsungs which i got with my s2. I like these headphones but I would like to try something better.
I listen to the following music genres,
- Progressive House
I’ve been looking at quite a lot headphones and I my eyes fell on the A-jays series. They look really good and seem to have a good audio quality.
I am thinking about buying the a-jays three, Is this a good choice for the music I listen to or should I go for another type?
Thank you,post #21 of 3111/9/12 at 4:45amThread StarterIf your Samsung comes with the default EHS64# headset (*as long as it starts with EHS64), then unfortunately none of the a-JAYS will be an upgrade over it since EHS64 is actually quite a decent stock headset. I'll suggest Brainwavz M5 + mic.instead.post #22 of 3111/9/12 at 5:03am
Thanks Clieos for your fast response,
I just googled the EHS64, and this is not the headphone I have.
It seems like I have the EHS44, my first pair had a problem with the cable so I am using my dads samsung headphones now:)
So you say there is a big difference between the 64 and the 44 version?
I just took a quick look at the m5's, I don't need the mic because I listen to my music on a ipod or is there a difference in sound with the one with a mic or the one without?
Thank you again!post #23 of 3111/9/12 at 6:45amThread Starterpost #24 of 3111/9/12 at 7:07ampost #25 of 3111/9/12 at 11:18am
Looking at a pair of a-JAYS Threes for use with a Jabra Clipper and my iPhone 4, for mainly rock. How are the Threes with a low-amp device like the Clipper-will an amp benefit me much?post #26 of 3111/9/12 at 6:24pmThread StarterQuote:
The money for an amp is enough to get something better sounding than a-JAYS Three. This review was written 2 years ago when a-JAYS Three makes sense as somewhat budget IEM with good build quality, but the market has moved on. I'll suggest the t-JAYS Two for its two parts cable design for BT unit, plus you can find it for <$55 on eBay and it doesn't need amping.post #27 of 3111/10/12 at 11:56am
I would rather not use such expensive earbuds as the t-jays, I tend to be very hard on earbuds and do not want to drop $90 on buds that will be lucky to see next summer. Will an amp be significant on low-end buds or am I stuck with expensive ones?post #28 of 3111/10/12 at 5:45pmThread StarterQuote:
You do realized that I wrote '<$55' (that's under $55) on my previous reply? That's pretty much the same price you will have to pay for a full retail price a-JAYS.
Of course you can pick up a FiiO E6 for just under $30, but I really think you are trying to solve a simple problem with an overly complicated solution.post #29 of 3111/11/12 at 5:58am
My bad, I didn't realize they were used on ebay for that price-I saw ebay and assumed (incorrectly) you were suggesting a used purchase. Just saw a $40 pair of t-jays, would the amp benefit the t-jays at all? If I can get a pair for $40, I could afford an amp as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 8 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar Phoebus: Control the speaker volume with the remote... 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 2 minutes ago
- › In Ear Headphones for the Gym Recommendations - Under $100 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 Caribbean Rosewood 1 Mth old ~ LIKE NEW 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Problem with Schiit Mjolnir 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude