- 12,482 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of nowhere, Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which entry level-IEM? Last post on 8/29/10 at 2:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone use Comply tips with their a-jays? Last post on 1/31/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A-Jays. Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the greatest among the two; t-jays three or beats tour? Last post on 9/21/11 at 11:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Feels Pro 900 Last post on 2/6/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
[REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion - Page 2post #16 of 3111/22/11 at 5:29amThread StarterAssuming you are in KL, I really think you should visit Jaben @ Subang Jaya and audition a few IEM for yourself. I am actually less familiar with the KL market than I am with the Singapore market. But if you can find JAYS, I'll recommend any of the t-JAYS over the aJAYS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3111/22/11 at 5:15pmpost #18 of 3110/31/12 at 2:07am
Durability of a-jays? I bought mine (a-jays three) on July 4th 2012. Have been quite happy with overall value for money.... until today (Oct 31, 2012). While on my way to work, the right bud just stopped playing, most probably due to worn cable... Came alive a couple of times for a few seconds at a time, but now dead for good. FOUR MONTHS' OLD EARPHONES ARE DEAD AND USELESS... So much for a-jays three durabilitypost #19 of 3110/31/12 at 3:49amThread Starterpost #20 of 3111/9/12 at 3:22am
I am looking for some new in-ear headphones to replace my samsungs which i got with my s2. I like these headphones but I would like to try something better.
I listen to the following music genres,
- Progressive House
I’ve been looking at quite a lot headphones and I my eyes fell on the A-jays series. They look really good and seem to have a good audio quality.
I am thinking about buying the a-jays three, Is this a good choice for the music I listen to or should I go for another type?
Thank you,post #21 of 3111/9/12 at 4:45amThread StarterIf your Samsung comes with the default EHS64# headset (*as long as it starts with EHS64), then unfortunately none of the a-JAYS will be an upgrade over it since EHS64 is actually quite a decent stock headset. I'll suggest Brainwavz M5 + mic.instead.post #22 of 3111/9/12 at 5:03am
Thanks Clieos for your fast response,
I just googled the EHS64, and this is not the headphone I have.
It seems like I have the EHS44, my first pair had a problem with the cable so I am using my dads samsung headphones now:)
So you say there is a big difference between the 64 and the 44 version?
I just took a quick look at the m5's, I don't need the mic because I listen to my music on a ipod or is there a difference in sound with the one with a mic or the one without?
Thank you again!post #23 of 3111/9/12 at 6:45amThread Starterpost #24 of 3111/9/12 at 7:07ampost #25 of 3111/9/12 at 11:18am
Looking at a pair of a-JAYS Threes for use with a Jabra Clipper and my iPhone 4, for mainly rock. How are the Threes with a low-amp device like the Clipper-will an amp benefit me much?post #26 of 3111/9/12 at 6:24pmThread StarterQuote:
The money for an amp is enough to get something better sounding than a-JAYS Three. This review was written 2 years ago when a-JAYS Three makes sense as somewhat budget IEM with good build quality, but the market has moved on. I'll suggest the t-JAYS Two for its two parts cable design for BT unit, plus you can find it for <$55 on eBay and it doesn't need amping.post #27 of 3111/10/12 at 11:56am
I would rather not use such expensive earbuds as the t-jays, I tend to be very hard on earbuds and do not want to drop $90 on buds that will be lucky to see next summer. Will an amp be significant on low-end buds or am I stuck with expensive ones?post #28 of 3111/10/12 at 5:45pmThread StarterQuote:
You do realized that I wrote '<$55' (that's under $55) on my previous reply? That's pretty much the same price you will have to pay for a full retail price a-JAYS.
Of course you can pick up a FiiO E6 for just under $30, but I really think you are trying to solve a simple problem with an overly complicated solution.post #29 of 3111/11/12 at 5:58am
My bad, I didn't realize they were used on ebay for that price-I saw ebay and assumed (incorrectly) you were suggesting a used purchase. Just saw a $40 pair of t-jays, would the amp benefit the t-jays at all? If I can get a pair for $40, I could afford an amp as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion
- Headphone Impedance
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 26 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 52 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › FS Sennheiser HD558 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 6 minutes ago
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe