This is an amazing website.. I don't know how did I miss this site before..
Just for background I have\had owned the following in-ear\on-ear\around ear ear\head-phones in past:
1. Westone 3
2. Shure SE535
3. Westone UM3X
4. (low ends like dre.. crap like bose.. etc)
5. Beats Solo
6. V-moda Crossfade LP
To be honest I have not found a pair that I would absolutely love. PLEASE ADVICE :)
My only restriction is that I have to use it with my iPhone.. so suggest the ones that sound good without amp or if you say I can even get an amp.. not really a big deal but would prefer not to.. $$ is not a constraint.. I am willing to spend as much as it takes.
So this is what I want
1. Great soundstage, I listened to "Virtual Haircut" song on my friends HD555 and it blew me away.. so reasonably piced cans but really good soundstage.. so this is the minimum soundstage I want.. you can suggest higher ends too..
2. Decent Bass - HD555 seems to be lacking Bass.. I want presence of clean bass like in Westone 3
3. Closed Cans - would prefer closed one because using at work (can buy open end too if you suggest that closed cans are really bad for soundstage)
4. Lightweight and Comfortable
Waiting for you guys valuable suggestions..