I bought a pair of MDR-V900 from ebay during Christmas time for $75 that turned out to be fake even though they were labeled "Made in Japan". I filed claim, won, and sent that crap back to seller. Just used $ to buy a used pair of Sennheiser HD-595.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryOver Ear
- itemSony MDR V6 Monitor Series Headphones With CCAW Voice Coil
Related Forum Threads
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- ear pad for Sony MDR-V7 Last post on 10/26/11 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to go from the Sony V6? Last post on 10/15/10 at 12:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- sony mdr v-6 earcups... comfort issues? Last post on 9/20/10 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
Sony MDR-V6 Counterfeit comparison thread w/ Pics - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 393/5/11 at 1:32pm
Kevin - I did a double take, you are dead right. When new, the Sony's had hardly any bass and for monitoring, I don't normally encounter too much in vocal work. I burned them in for a bit and the bass filled out. I just fed some rock music through them and the bass has now become boomy and horrid. Not so much as a burn-in as being burnt.post #33 of 393/5/11 at 1:57pmpost #34 of 395/23/12 at 5:59pm
If you order them directly from China, you can be pretty sure they are counterfeit. They look good but sound lousy. I complained to paypal and got all my money back. I told the seller he can send me another $20 to cover postage back to Shanghai.
Giveaways: Lousy sound, bag is cheap and Sony lettering is in black, and the plastic insert of the box. Plus the box and packaging is thin and cheap.
The sad thing is, a lot of people can't tell the difference from listening to them. I found them unlistenable. They sound like $20 headphones, which is what they are.post #35 of 398/14/12 at 12:19pm
hey had to revive an old thread.
I bought a fake v6 few years ago and really hated the sound so I just kept it in my drawer until now.
I took it out while I was cleaning and tried them on just for fun.
and what?? Batman!! They sound so much better than how I remember them.
It has a strong highs and comparably punchy bass rather than quantity bass. The highs can be harsh but
It has a good instrument separation, good resolution, and spatial separation. I am comparing it to my HD650 and DT990
and these fake v6 do not sound like it is $300 cheaper heads. (I think I bought these for $40?? cant remember)
If I EQ the highs down, it sounds excellent.
Do these fake v6s use same drivers but not tuned properly??post #36 of 3911/30/12 at 12:24am
I bought a mdr-v6 for 40 (39.99 actually) bucks from amazon. It was a black friday deal. It was being sold by amazon directly (not just fulfilled).
I am yet to get it as I am having it shipped all the way to India. Here's to hoping amazon hasnt started selling fakes...
First post BTW. Hello to all!
post #37 of 3912/12/12 at 9:55amThread Starterpost #38 of 394/9/13 at 6:08pmI bought mine off of Amazon, thru the "Amazon LLC" dealer.
i found my pair 100% authentic genuine.
but be careful people, some things may be too good to be true even on amazon.
note: Amazon is a trusted, verified Online dealer for sony.
Amazon LLC is an authorized Sony dealer. so please be aware about it.post #39 of 395/4/13 at 4:24am
omg.. I compared mine and I found out that there is a huge chance that it might be a fake!!
1st: the bag has the word Sony in black.
2nd: the drivers in the headphone is similar to the fake one
3rd: there is almost no "click" sound when I adjust the notch
4th: the packaging is exactly like the fake one
but the cord is wrapped up when it came and the cups to make full contact with each other when not folded up.
The headphone has the word: made in thailand
any chance of it that it might be genuine?
ps: I bought mine from Japan
- Sony MDR-V6 Counterfeit comparison thread w/ Pics
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Headroom Desktop Power Supply and Headroom Micro DAC 32 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 56 seconds ago
- › Sub-200$ IEM with good end-to-end extension and presence, tonal... 1 minute ago
- › King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus: possibly the best value DAC today 3 minutes ago
- › Why not .Wav? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: Does life seem worthwhile... 4 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe