strangely, there's no trace of his $600 9V headphones cable in his ebay feedback.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world.... - Page 5post #61 of 769/12/10 at 9:45am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 769/13/10 at 3:31ampost #63 of 769/13/10 at 3:58ampost #64 of 769/13/10 at 6:01ampost #65 of 769/13/10 at 6:16am
Don't forget the attenuator that he recommends. Maybe you can add a nice pot to adjust the brightness.post #66 of 769/13/10 at 10:56ampost #67 of 769/13/10 at 4:01pm
i dont know anything about electronics but i play a little guitar and have tried a few amps. the best sound for clean was a homemade amp. very simple schematic from some old fender thing. i tried it for 10 minutes left dazzled, then tried it for a week i wondered hm, it costs 4 times less than the famous and fancy Deluxe Reverb and its pure clean sounds so much better?
this ebay deal looks like a joke or a bet or something but it reminded that weird $/sound quality "anomaly". we had a discussion later with more experienced dude, he told that the makers idea was to keep the wires as short as possible and use the simplest schematics and keep combining the stuff (old transformers and tubes). he said that it seems the more stuff you add to the path the more numb the sound tends to go.
a little bit off topic, sorry.post #68 of 769/13/10 at 4:11pmpost #69 of 769/13/10 at 4:55pmpost #70 of 769/13/10 at 5:38pm
Even more impressive for only $470 + $500 nominal S&H charge
This is for an extremely rare TP-14 repeating tube amplifier equaliser
in excellent condition!
TP-14 Signal Corps equalising repeating tube amplifier.
Originaly designed to repeat and equalise long 600 Ohm lines,
it could be used as a killer eq. by an adventurous
producer to bring in very high frequecies etc. Winning bidder
must have a good knowledge of tube electronics to make full
It uses top military quality transformers filters, and two 6G6 tubes
each operating in Single Ended Class A for that great production of
Question & Answer Answered On Q: Hello, what kind of connection do you find on this gear? Also what requencys can lower/boost? Would it be a good idea to use it as a mastering eq? Merci. Aug-21-10 A: Hello, Thank you for your question. I don't know why it is always French that buy these unconventional rare tube equipment! It is easy to connect balanced line cables as all is done by binding posts (on the control panel). It should adjust high frequencies as this is the loss when you have a 600ohms line of miles long. It appears to be parametric as there are different switches for frequency selection. I dont know what are the exact frequencies. If you are adventurous and want to have a unique mastering eq yes it is a great idea. You should even be able to make it work in stereo as there as two separate single ended 6G6 tube amplifiers operating in class A each with its exceptional quality military output transformer. Please bear in mind that you need to do a good thinking and have a good knowledge of tubes electroniques to adapt it to your needs and do extensive tests with dummy equipment or loads before connecting to your other expensive and creative equipment. Merci, Best regards, Aetoulispost #71 of 769/13/10 at 6:36pmpost #72 of 769/14/10 at 9:50ampost #73 of 769/14/10 at 10:37ampost #74 of 769/14/10 at 1:29pm
- Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › RHA - Shows and Meet Up's 2017 30 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 44 seconds ago
- › DIY Earbuds 57 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › MINT Campfire Audio Orion CK 3 minutes ago
- › M50 headband cushion ripping 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear