strangely, there's no trace of his $600 9V headphones cable in his ebay feedback.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
- Headphone Impedance
Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world.... - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Don't forget the attenuator that he recommends. Maybe you can add a nice pot to adjust the brightness.
i dont know anything about electronics but i play a little guitar and have tried a few amps. the best sound for clean was a homemade amp. very simple schematic from some old fender thing. i tried it for 10 minutes left dazzled, then tried it for a week i wondered hm, it costs 4 times less than the famous and fancy Deluxe Reverb and its pure clean sounds so much better?
this ebay deal looks like a joke or a bet or something but it reminded that weird $/sound quality "anomaly". we had a discussion later with more experienced dude, he told that the makers idea was to keep the wires as short as possible and use the simplest schematics and keep combining the stuff (old transformers and tubes). he said that it seems the more stuff you add to the path the more numb the sound tends to go.
a little bit off topic, sorry.
Even more impressive for only $470 + $500 nominal S&H charge
This is for an extremely rare TP-14 repeating tube amplifier equaliser
in excellent condition!
TP-14 Signal Corps equalising repeating tube amplifier.
Originaly designed to repeat and equalise long 600 Ohm lines,
it could be used as a killer eq. by an adventurous
producer to bring in very high frequecies etc. Winning bidder
must have a good knowledge of tube electronics to make full
It uses top military quality transformers filters, and two 6G6 tubes
each operating in Single Ended Class A for that great production of
- Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 22 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New aspiring Audiophile. Need a complete setup! Help! 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › FS: Bowers&Wilkins B&W P5 Series 1 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 5 minutes ago
- › I need a new amp and DAC for my Mad Dogs - help please? 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)