strangely, there's no trace of his $600 9V headphones cable in his ebay feedback.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Prologue: Lets start with a story of a young man on a desperate mission to rediscover the beauty of music. Long long ago there was a man a man named Dan he had a plan to try a DAC but many...
You can read my detailed look @ these here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/50947-audio-technica-ws-55i-black-the-best-bang-for-buck-portable-headphones/
Admittedly, I took far too long to post this review. I wanted to try a different approach that involved becoming accustomed to the signature followed by a period without them, and then a...
FiiO has been quite successful with their X series of high resolution digital audio player. So much so that perhaps even they themselves didn’t anticipate that the company will have to shift its...
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
- Headphone Impedance
Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world.... - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Don't forget the attenuator that he recommends. Maybe you can add a nice pot to adjust the brightness.
i dont know anything about electronics but i play a little guitar and have tried a few amps. the best sound for clean was a homemade amp. very simple schematic from some old fender thing. i tried it for 10 minutes left dazzled, then tried it for a week i wondered hm, it costs 4 times less than the famous and fancy Deluxe Reverb and its pure clean sounds so much better?
this ebay deal looks like a joke or a bet or something but it reminded that weird $/sound quality "anomaly". we had a discussion later with more experienced dude, he told that the makers idea was to keep the wires as short as possible and use the simplest schematics and keep combining the stuff (old transformers and tubes). he said that it seems the more stuff you add to the path the more numb the sound tends to go.
a little bit off topic, sorry.
Even more impressive for only $470 + $500 nominal S&H charge
This is for an extremely rare TP-14 repeating tube amplifier equaliser
in excellent condition!
TP-14 Signal Corps equalising repeating tube amplifier.
Originaly designed to repeat and equalise long 600 Ohm lines,
it could be used as a killer eq. by an adventurous
producer to bring in very high frequecies etc. Winning bidder
must have a good knowledge of tube electronics to make full
It uses top military quality transformers filters, and two 6G6 tubes
each operating in Single Ended Class A for that great production of
- Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 5 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by ClieOS
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)