They are "natural" sounding headphones, not that detailed, but with enjoyable mids and some sparkle. They sound good out of just about all the amps I've tried, doesn't really scale well with better dac's and amp's. In fact the tighter bass of better electronics sounds kind of off on the pfr-v1, the boominess of less expensive amps can be more pleasant.
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 9/3/13 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :) - Page 2post #16 of 1712/25/10 at 10:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1712/25/10 at 3:58pm
Now I really can't wait to try these out. There is just so much conflicting info/views/opinions that it's hard to get a clear sense of what to expect. In this thread alone it is asserted that they both: do and don't scale well with better amplification. Also there are two differing opinions of the bass where one poster thinks it's overpowering and another is underwhelmed by it. It seems the only constant opinion is that they excel at imaging.
I'm starting to speculate that it is quite likely that the SQ is highly dependent on the shape of your ears. That is based on not only this thread but all the others here and elsewhere that I've read where opinions seem to vary widely. More so than any other pair of cans I've researched before buying. I'll just have to see for myself.
- Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Audeze LCD3 46 seconds ago
- › World Cup 2014 54 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS H-100II Review by mark2410 55 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 58 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)