They are "natural" sounding headphones, not that detailed, but with enjoyable mids and some sparkle. They sound good out of just about all the amps I've tried, doesn't really scale well with better dac's and amp's. In fact the tighter bass of better electronics sounds kind of off on the pfr-v1, the boominess of less expensive amps can be more pleasant.
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 8/30/15 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :) - Page 2post #16 of 1712/25/10 at 10:25am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1712/25/10 at 3:58pm
Now I really can't wait to try these out. There is just so much conflicting info/views/opinions that it's hard to get a clear sense of what to expect. In this thread alone it is asserted that they both: do and don't scale well with better amplification. Also there are two differing opinions of the bass where one poster thinks it's overpowering and another is underwhelmed by it. It seems the only constant opinion is that they excel at imaging.
I'm starting to speculate that it is quite likely that the SQ is highly dependent on the shape of your ears. That is based on not only this thread but all the others here and elsewhere that I've read where opinions seem to vary widely. More so than any other pair of cans I've researched before buying. I'll just have to see for myself.
- Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 34 seconds ago
- › Usb extenders over rj45 (non-lan version). 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › Ampsandsound Kenzie/Mogwai Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from Sennheiser Momentum IEM 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 5 minutes ago
- › Sonus faber PRYMA - An Italian-Made Beauty 6 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 9 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse