They are "natural" sounding headphones, not that detailed, but with enjoyable mids and some sparkle. They sound good out of just about all the amps I've tried, doesn't really scale well with better dac's and amp's. In fact the tighter bass of better electronics sounds kind of off on the pfr-v1, the boominess of less expensive amps can be more pleasant.
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 8/30/15 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :) - Page 2post #16 of 1712/25/10 at 10:25am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1712/25/10 at 3:58pm
Now I really can't wait to try these out. There is just so much conflicting info/views/opinions that it's hard to get a clear sense of what to expect. In this thread alone it is asserted that they both: do and don't scale well with better amplification. Also there are two differing opinions of the bass where one poster thinks it's overpowering and another is underwhelmed by it. It seems the only constant opinion is that they excel at imaging.
I'm starting to speculate that it is quite likely that the SQ is highly dependent on the shape of your ears. That is based on not only this thread but all the others here and elsewhere that I've read where opinions seem to vary widely. More so than any other pair of cans I've researched before buying. I'll just have to see for myself.
- Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 11 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 16 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 32 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 38 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 57 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear