They are "natural" sounding headphones, not that detailed, but with enjoyable mids and some sparkle. They sound good out of just about all the amps I've tried, doesn't really scale well with better dac's and amp's. In fact the tighter bass of better electronics sounds kind of off on the pfr-v1, the boominess of less expensive amps can be more pleasant.
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 12/23/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :) - Page 2post #16 of 1712/25/10 at 10:25am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1712/25/10 at 3:58pm
Now I really can't wait to try these out. There is just so much conflicting info/views/opinions that it's hard to get a clear sense of what to expect. In this thread alone it is asserted that they both: do and don't scale well with better amplification. Also there are two differing opinions of the bass where one poster thinks it's overpowering and another is underwhelmed by it. It seems the only constant opinion is that they excel at imaging.
I'm starting to speculate that it is quite likely that the SQ is highly dependent on the shape of your ears. That is based on not only this thread but all the others here and elsewhere that I've read where opinions seem to vary widely. More so than any other pair of cans I've researched before buying. I'll just have to see for myself.
- Just ordered another pair of Sony PFR-V1 :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 45 seconds ago
- › I WANT TO SHARE MY PROJECT WITH YOU, COME GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Looking for an office safe replacement for Sennheiser HD 595 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › The quest for a 300€ pair of closed, full-sized, sub-bass capable... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › My B&W P7's are very uncomfortable on the top of my head... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2