- 309 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/3/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/30/10
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 8/30/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 8/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 L/R flipped Last post on 4/9/13 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob about to get ATH-M50s... Ready for sonic bliss! Last post on 5/5/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Most overrated headphones? - Page 51post #751 of 11444/5/13 at 9:05pmSo one is metal and one is plastic? Another one is wood, another carbon fiber. It isn't what the material is, it's how it's made and put together, and how it is tuned to the driver.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 11444/5/13 at 9:08pm
Ok, this is my comment about the AKG Q701: It felt cheap. No further discussion to change my mind. The Mad Dogs don't feel cheap, the DT880's don't feel cheap, and the Heir Audio 4.Ai's don't feel cheap.post #753 of 11444/5/13 at 9:26pm
And they're overrated because?
They feel "cheap" because they're light. The T50RP is heavy because its headband is metal. The K701 is so light because of its design. The outer ring portion doesn't seem to serve much use other than help to increase the earpad's diameter. The driver fires back into the section immediately behind it. The headband's probably what's tipping you off to the cheap feeling because a lot of the weight in most other headphones actually is in the headband, if not the cups, which are basically nonexistent on the K70X. Since they have neither, they're awfully light.post #754 of 11444/5/13 at 9:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
And they're overrated because?
They feel "cheap" because they're light. The T50RP is heavy because its headband is metal. The K701 is so light because of its design. The outer ring portion doesn't seem to serve much use other than help to increase the earpad's diameter. The driver fires back into the section immediately behind it. The headband's probably what's tipping you off to the cheap feeling because a lot of the weight in most other headphones actually is in the headband, if not the cups, which are basically nonexistent on the K70X. Since they have neither, they're awfully light.
I never said they were overrated. I just said they felt cheap. None of you are going to change my opinion, this is from personal experiance.post #755 of 11444/5/13 at 9:42pm
I'm not saying you said it, I'm saying the title is
Most overrated headphones?
So saying they're cheap-feeling isn't really relevant, even though they were talking about the K701 right before your post.
Edited by Ishcabible - 4/5/13 at 9:44pmpost #756 of 11444/5/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Sorry, I was out of linepost #757 of 11444/5/13 at 10:26pmAnd quite frankly the light weight design is very nice and appreciated for long listening sessions. Their clamp, and resting pressure is non existent. The weight of the cord is really the only "weight" to these. They're far from being cheap in build quality.post #758 of 11444/6/13 at 12:17ampost #759 of 11444/6/13 at 6:56am
For some reason my pair clamps enough to make my temples hurt after a while. But like other people said, with a warm amp, light EQ, and some modding, they're quite nice.post #760 of 11444/6/13 at 11:19ampost #761 of 11444/6/13 at 5:06pmI'm in no means an Audiophile, and I haven't tried a huge range of headphones, I honestly think that the MDR-v300 headphones from Sony are very overrated. Not the most overrated headphones ever, but when I posted a review of them on YouTube, I got a lot of comments from people saying that they love them, they're comfortable, worth the price ETC when in my opinion they are uncomfortable and sound like crap.
I didn't mention Beats because I don't consider them as headphones but rather I consider them as Plastic Neck Warmers, for fashion purposes.post #762 of 11444/6/13 at 5:31pmpost #763 of 11444/6/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I always wanted to be able to put headphone around the neck, but it fails with the two portable one I have.post #764 of 11444/6/13 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by GSYoni
I'm in no means an Audiophile, and I haven't tried a huge range of headphones, I honestly think that the MDR-v300 headphones from Sony are very overrated. Not the most overrated headphones ever, but when I posted a review of them on YouTube, I got a lot of comments from people saying that they love them, they're comfortable, worth the price ETC when in my opinion they are uncomfortable and sound like crap.
Haha. That's the pair I'm wearing right now and have been using for about ten years. Got them as a lowly teenager because they were on sale. I don't have much else to say, it's just that it's the first time I've seen anyone mention them on here. Hoping to replace them soon with something Head-Fi-approved.post #765 of 11444/6/13 at 6:35pm
Currently highly recommended for rock music due to its strong bass presence and bright highs/dark mids, I felt like it was rather dull to listen to and lacked engagement. While it sounded great on electronica, it doesn't deserve to be considered a great choice for rock or aggressive music.
- Most overrated headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cowon Plenue D 5 seconds ago
- › 12th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - November 15 (Sunday) 7 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Crazy prices of new flagships 51 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 58 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse