- 212 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by System, 6/3/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/30/10
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 8/30/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 8/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M-50 L/R flipped Last post on 4/9/13 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob about to get ATH-M50s... Ready for sonic bliss! Last post on 5/5/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Most overrated headphones? - Page 51post #751 of 10994/5/13 at 9:05pmSo one is metal and one is plastic? Another one is wood, another carbon fiber. It isn't what the material is, it's how it's made and put together, and how it is tuned to the driver.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 10994/5/13 at 9:08pm
Ok, this is my comment about the AKG Q701: It felt cheap. No further discussion to change my mind. The Mad Dogs don't feel cheap, the DT880's don't feel cheap, and the Heir Audio 4.Ai's don't feel cheap.post #753 of 10994/5/13 at 9:26pm
And they're overrated because?
They feel "cheap" because they're light. The T50RP is heavy because its headband is metal. The K701 is so light because of its design. The outer ring portion doesn't seem to serve much use other than help to increase the earpad's diameter. The driver fires back into the section immediately behind it. The headband's probably what's tipping you off to the cheap feeling because a lot of the weight in most other headphones actually is in the headband, if not the cups, which are basically nonexistent on the K70X. Since they have neither, they're awfully light.post #754 of 10994/5/13 at 9:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
And they're overrated because?
They feel "cheap" because they're light. The T50RP is heavy because its headband is metal. The K701 is so light because of its design. The outer ring portion doesn't seem to serve much use other than help to increase the earpad's diameter. The driver fires back into the section immediately behind it. The headband's probably what's tipping you off to the cheap feeling because a lot of the weight in most other headphones actually is in the headband, if not the cups, which are basically nonexistent on the K70X. Since they have neither, they're awfully light.
I never said they were overrated. I just said they felt cheap. None of you are going to change my opinion, this is from personal experiance.post #755 of 10994/5/13 at 9:42pm
I'm not saying you said it, I'm saying the title is
Most overrated headphones?
So saying they're cheap-feeling isn't really relevant, even though they were talking about the K701 right before your post.
Edited by Ishcabible - 4/5/13 at 9:44pmpost #756 of 10994/5/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Sorry, I was out of linepost #757 of 10994/5/13 at 10:26pmAnd quite frankly the light weight design is very nice and appreciated for long listening sessions. Their clamp, and resting pressure is non existent. The weight of the cord is really the only "weight" to these. They're far from being cheap in build quality.post #758 of 10994/6/13 at 12:17ampost #759 of 10994/6/13 at 6:56am
For some reason my pair clamps enough to make my temples hurt after a while. But like other people said, with a warm amp, light EQ, and some modding, they're quite nice.post #760 of 10994/6/13 at 11:19ampost #761 of 10994/6/13 at 5:06pmI'm in no means an Audiophile, and I haven't tried a huge range of headphones, I honestly think that the MDR-v300 headphones from Sony are very overrated. Not the most overrated headphones ever, but when I posted a review of them on YouTube, I got a lot of comments from people saying that they love them, they're comfortable, worth the price ETC when in my opinion they are uncomfortable and sound like crap.
I didn't mention Beats because I don't consider them as headphones but rather I consider them as Plastic Neck Warmers, for fashion purposes.post #762 of 10994/6/13 at 5:31pmpost #763 of 10994/6/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I always wanted to be able to put headphone around the neck, but it fails with the two portable one I have.post #764 of 10994/6/13 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by GSYoni
I'm in no means an Audiophile, and I haven't tried a huge range of headphones, I honestly think that the MDR-v300 headphones from Sony are very overrated. Not the most overrated headphones ever, but when I posted a review of them on YouTube, I got a lot of comments from people saying that they love them, they're comfortable, worth the price ETC when in my opinion they are uncomfortable and sound like crap.
Haha. That's the pair I'm wearing right now and have been using for about ten years. Got them as a lowly teenager because they were on sale. I don't have much else to say, it's just that it's the first time I've seen anyone mention them on here. Hoping to replace them soon with something Head-Fi-approved.post #765 of 10994/6/13 at 6:35pm
Currently highly recommended for rock music due to its strong bass presence and bright highs/dark mids, I felt like it was rather dull to listen to and lacked engagement. While it sounded great on electronica, it doesn't deserve to be considered a great choice for rock or aggressive music.
- Most overrated headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 7 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)