- 212 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by System, 6/3/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/30/10
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 8/30/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 8/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M-50 L/R flipped Last post on 4/9/13 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob about to get ATH-M50s... Ready for sonic bliss! Last post on 5/5/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
Most overrated headphones? - Page 51post #751 of 10994/5/13 at 9:05pmSo one is metal and one is plastic? Another one is wood, another carbon fiber. It isn't what the material is, it's how it's made and put together, and how it is tuned to the driver.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 10994/5/13 at 9:08pm
Ok, this is my comment about the AKG Q701: It felt cheap. No further discussion to change my mind. The Mad Dogs don't feel cheap, the DT880's don't feel cheap, and the Heir Audio 4.Ai's don't feel cheap.post #753 of 10994/5/13 at 9:26pm
And they're overrated because?
They feel "cheap" because they're light. The T50RP is heavy because its headband is metal. The K701 is so light because of its design. The outer ring portion doesn't seem to serve much use other than help to increase the earpad's diameter. The driver fires back into the section immediately behind it. The headband's probably what's tipping you off to the cheap feeling because a lot of the weight in most other headphones actually is in the headband, if not the cups, which are basically nonexistent on the K70X. Since they have neither, they're awfully light.post #754 of 10994/5/13 at 9:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
And they're overrated because?
They feel "cheap" because they're light. The T50RP is heavy because its headband is metal. The K701 is so light because of its design. The outer ring portion doesn't seem to serve much use other than help to increase the earpad's diameter. The driver fires back into the section immediately behind it. The headband's probably what's tipping you off to the cheap feeling because a lot of the weight in most other headphones actually is in the headband, if not the cups, which are basically nonexistent on the K70X. Since they have neither, they're awfully light.
I never said they were overrated. I just said they felt cheap. None of you are going to change my opinion, this is from personal experiance.post #755 of 10994/5/13 at 9:42pm
I'm not saying you said it, I'm saying the title is
Most overrated headphones?
So saying they're cheap-feeling isn't really relevant, even though they were talking about the K701 right before your post.
Edited by Ishcabible - 4/5/13 at 9:44pmpost #756 of 10994/5/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Sorry, I was out of linepost #757 of 10994/5/13 at 10:26pmAnd quite frankly the light weight design is very nice and appreciated for long listening sessions. Their clamp, and resting pressure is non existent. The weight of the cord is really the only "weight" to these. They're far from being cheap in build quality.post #758 of 10994/6/13 at 12:17ampost #759 of 10994/6/13 at 6:56am
For some reason my pair clamps enough to make my temples hurt after a while. But like other people said, with a warm amp, light EQ, and some modding, they're quite nice.post #760 of 10994/6/13 at 11:19ampost #761 of 10994/6/13 at 5:06pmI'm in no means an Audiophile, and I haven't tried a huge range of headphones, I honestly think that the MDR-v300 headphones from Sony are very overrated. Not the most overrated headphones ever, but when I posted a review of them on YouTube, I got a lot of comments from people saying that they love them, they're comfortable, worth the price ETC when in my opinion they are uncomfortable and sound like crap.
I didn't mention Beats because I don't consider them as headphones but rather I consider them as Plastic Neck Warmers, for fashion purposes.post #762 of 10994/6/13 at 5:31pmpost #763 of 10994/6/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I always wanted to be able to put headphone around the neck, but it fails with the two portable one I have.post #764 of 10994/6/13 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by GSYoni
I'm in no means an Audiophile, and I haven't tried a huge range of headphones, I honestly think that the MDR-v300 headphones from Sony are very overrated. Not the most overrated headphones ever, but when I posted a review of them on YouTube, I got a lot of comments from people saying that they love them, they're comfortable, worth the price ETC when in my opinion they are uncomfortable and sound like crap.
Haha. That's the pair I'm wearing right now and have been using for about ten years. Got them as a lowly teenager because they were on sale. I don't have much else to say, it's just that it's the first time I've seen anyone mention them on here. Hoping to replace them soon with something Head-Fi-approved.post #765 of 10994/6/13 at 6:35pm
Currently highly recommended for rock music due to its strong bass presence and bright highs/dark mids, I felt like it was rather dull to listen to and lacked engagement. While it sounded great on electronica, it doesn't deserve to be considered a great choice for rock or aggressive music.
- Most overrated headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › [Review] AKG Q701 - The Little Headphone That Could. Game, that is. 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 30 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Upgraded amp + upgraded DAC + FLAC vs. lower end amp + lower end... 1 minute ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W4R 6 minutes ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)