Eugh, my T50p might as well have been iBuds (not Earpods or the second gen ones that sounded okay, but the original ones) in a bigger housing. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/3/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/30/10
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 8/30/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 8/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/17/16 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 L/R flipped Last post on 4/9/13 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob about to get ATH-M50s... Ready for sonic bliss! Last post on 5/5/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Most overrated headphones? - Page 72post #1066 of 11846/17/14 at 10:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 11846/18/14 at 12:36amQuote:
I'm guessing you didn't care to mod them. I've seen this complaint about stock Fostex T50RPs in the past.post #1068 of 11846/18/14 at 12:44amQuote:
I'm referring to the Beyerdynamic T50ppost #1069 of 11846/18/14 at 2:33ampost #1070 of 11846/18/14 at 2:36ampost #1071 of 11846/18/14 at 8:21ampost #1072 of 11846/18/14 at 9:46am
And it's hilarious that the T51p is basically as good as the T50p was bad. If those things had less bass I'd have a pair myself and end my ridiculous portable journey.post #1073 of 11846/18/14 at 9:52ampost #1074 of 11846/18/14 at 10:21ampost #1075 of 11846/18/14 at 8:56pm
Only to Grado headphones.
And now Beyers too, apparently. But the wrong ones.post #1076 of 11846/19/14 at 6:46ampost #1077 of 11846/19/14 at 9:54pmQuote:
But how can this be?
WHF is a printed magazine - I've seen their magazines in the home audio section next to online gaming in stores, and they've a glossy looking web site that exudes professional competency - doesn't that mean - obey what we say?
If you pick up a headphone on the back of a WHF review and end up not liking it personally, doesn't that mean there's something wrong with you for not being in full agreement and thankful praise to WHF for keeping us ignorant cows chewing the cud waiting to be told what to buy next, bovine herd mentality consumers, on the right path?
Don't they know better than the rest of us?
Edited by cb3723 - 6/19/14 at 9:58pmpost #1078 of 11846/19/14 at 10:02pmpost #1079 of 11846/19/14 at 10:23pmpost #1080 of 11846/19/14 at 11:37pm
Goes without saying, but there is absolutely no way that headphone could ever reasonably "earn" the disproportionate amount of praise it gets unless it were $50, the most comfortable headphone on the planet, didn't have such recessed mids, made me a famous billionaire rock star, and gave me heat vision.
- Most overrated headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › DAC and AMP for Desktop 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 7 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear