Eugh, my T50p might as well have been iBuds (not Earpods or the second gen ones that sounded okay, but the original ones) in a bigger housing. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/3/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/30/10
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/10
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 8/30/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 8/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/17/16 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 L/R flipped Last post on 4/9/13 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob about to get ATH-M50s... Ready for sonic bliss! Last post on 5/5/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Most overrated headphones? - Page 72post #1066 of 11876/17/14 at 10:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 11876/18/14 at 12:36amQuote:
I'm guessing you didn't care to mod them. I've seen this complaint about stock Fostex T50RPs in the past.post #1068 of 11876/18/14 at 12:44amQuote:
I'm referring to the Beyerdynamic T50ppost #1069 of 11876/18/14 at 2:33ampost #1070 of 11876/18/14 at 2:36ampost #1071 of 11876/18/14 at 8:21ampost #1072 of 11876/18/14 at 9:46am
And it's hilarious that the T51p is basically as good as the T50p was bad. If those things had less bass I'd have a pair myself and end my ridiculous portable journey.post #1073 of 11876/18/14 at 9:52ampost #1074 of 11876/18/14 at 10:21ampost #1075 of 11876/18/14 at 8:56pm
Only to Grado headphones.
And now Beyers too, apparently. But the wrong ones.post #1076 of 11876/19/14 at 6:46ampost #1077 of 11876/19/14 at 9:54pmQuote:
But how can this be?
WHF is a printed magazine - I've seen their magazines in the home audio section next to online gaming in stores, and they've a glossy looking web site that exudes professional competency - doesn't that mean - obey what we say?
If you pick up a headphone on the back of a WHF review and end up not liking it personally, doesn't that mean there's something wrong with you for not being in full agreement and thankful praise to WHF for keeping us ignorant cows chewing the cud waiting to be told what to buy next, bovine herd mentality consumers, on the right path?
Don't they know better than the rest of us?
Edited by cb3723 - 6/19/14 at 9:58pmpost #1078 of 11876/19/14 at 10:02pmpost #1079 of 11876/19/14 at 10:23pmpost #1080 of 11876/19/14 at 11:37pm
Goes without saying, but there is absolutely no way that headphone could ever reasonably "earn" the disproportionate amount of praise it gets unless it were $50, the most comfortable headphone on the planet, didn't have such recessed mids, made me a famous billionaire rock star, and gave me heat vision.
- Most overrated headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 12 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › What are the best Superlux Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 vs DUNU DN-1000 5 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear