Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 67

post #991 of 3808

Well I've had these headphones coupled with a Schiit Modi and Lyr for over a month now, when I got them I had a suspicion that my appreciation of them might wane as I got more used to them.

The truth is, after dealing with poor car audio and radios playing at work every day, I keep coming home to these at night pleasantly surprised and warmed.

They are completing my afternoons like I never could have imagined, and are becoming an integral part of my lifestyle quickly.


I never expected a set of headphones to do this to me.

post #992 of 3808

Question. How many Watt would be considered too much for the LCD-2/HE-500?

 

Thanks!

post #993 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Question. How many Watt would be considered too much for the LCD-2/HE-500?

 

Thanks!

Audeze has them rated at 15W max...but I can't find the specs for the Hifiman headphones.

post #994 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Audeze has them rated at 15W max...but I can't find the specs for the Hifiman headphones.

 

Thank you. Appreciate it!

post #995 of 3808

Just received my LCD-2s, put the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 on straight out of the box.

 

I must confess, all the hype had me wondering, but man these things are sweet!  The sound signature is addicting!  I know they'll improve with run-in, but they are sounding pretty sweet right out of the box!

post #996 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

Just received my LCD-2s, put the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 on straight out of the box.

 

I must confess, all the hype had me wondering, but man these things are sweet!  The sound signature is addicting!  I know they'll improve with run-in, but they are sounding pretty sweet right out of the box!

Congrats!

 

Yeah silver cable is the way to go with these too. imo

post #997 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

Thank you. Appreciate it!

No problem. smile.gif

post #998 of 3808

Anyone has ever tried to replace the felt inside the grill?

By curiosity, I replaced the felt with thinner and smaller one. I feel this makes the openness extended.

I feel the weakness of LCD2 is the openness, and this mod resolved this somewhat.

It is very excited experience to me.


Edited by im533 - 3/5/13 at 8:02pm
post #999 of 3808
^ Interesting. Did you read the thread about Purrin's TP mod to the original LCD3? (Sorry, I don't have a link but should be easy to find).
post #1000 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

^ Interesting. Did you read the thread about Purrin's TP mod to the original LCD3? (Sorry, I don't have a link but should be easy to find).

No, I didn't read the thread. I should read that. Thank you!

post #1001 of 3808

Just got my LCD-2 yesterday. Running them off a Schiit Bifrost (USB) + Lyr (JJ E88CC) and it's not bad at all.

 

Frankly, I don't know if it's $700 better than the AKG-K701's I had been using - maybe I just need time to adjust...

 

I also have two other pairs of tubes for the Lyr I bought at the same time from Schiit but haven't used yet. That could also change things.

post #1002 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoaphexox View Post

Just got my LCD-2 yesterday. Running them off a Schiit Bifrost (USB) + Lyr (JJ E88CC) and it's not bad at all.

 

Frankly, I don't know if it's $700 better than the AKG-K701's I had been using - maybe I just need time to adjust...

 

I also have two other pairs of tubes for the Lyr I bought at the same time from Schiit but haven't used yet. That could also change things.

Yeah the LCD2's are completely different to the K701's, so it depends on what music you listen to. The K's are great at classical and anything that requires a bit more soundstage. The LCD2's are great for a more intimate/closer feel. I find the LCD2's are fabulous for jazz and small ensemble. The K701's I use for orchestral and ambient.

 

Also give the LCD2's a bit more time. Most peeps are underwhelmed to begin with ;)

post #1003 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Yeah the LCD2's are completely different to the K701's, so it depends on what music you listen to. The K's are great at classical and anything that requires a bit more soundstage. The LCD2's are great for a more intimate/closer feel. I find the LCD2's are fabulous for jazz and small ensemble. The K701's I use for orchestral and ambient.

 

Also give the LCD2's a bit more time. Most peeps are underwhelmed to begin with ;)

 

 

Those tubes need to run in also.  And different tubes will definitely change the sound signature of the Lyr, some for better, others for worse.

post #1004 of 3808
+1. And none of the stock tubes show off Lyr's capability with LCD2 would be a fair summary, IMHO.
post #1005 of 3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoaphexox View Post

Just got my LCD-2 yesterday. Running them off a Schiit Bifrost (USB) + Lyr (JJ E88CC) and it's not bad at all.

 

Frankly, I don't know if it's $700 better than the AKG-K701's I had been using - maybe I just need time to adjust...

 

I also have two other pairs of tubes for the Lyr I bought at the same time from Schiit but haven't used yet. That could also change things.

I really prefer the sound of the valhalla tubes over that of the E88CC with my LCD2s.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread