I think I'm going to have to get a Lyr..any alternatives to that? I've been using my O2 and Headstage Arrow 3G, and I think even on gain III, I'm just at the beginning of what these will sound like with a better amp..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 66post #976 of 109732/28/13 at 6:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 109732/28/13 at 9:00pmpost #978 of 109732/28/13 at 9:01pmpost #979 of 109732/28/13 at 10:29pmpost #980 of 109732/28/13 at 10:41pmpost #981 of 109732/28/13 at 11:05pmpost #982 of 109733/1/13 at 1:35ampost #983 of 109733/1/13 at 3:44amQuote:
I think the stock cable is good sounding cable. An upgraded cable will be smoother and let you hear more detail in the recordings. But the stock IMO is not a bad cable.post #984 of 109733/1/13 at 4:04ampost #985 of 109733/1/13 at 7:56am
I agree with Frank I, the stock cable is quite good. I've upgraded to Steve Eddy's Q-audio cable, but mostly for ergonomic reasons. I went back to the stock cable for a while and I was not disappointed, even though I like the SQ a little more with the Q-audio cables. I have not heard the latest version of the Audeze stock cable, however, so YMMV.post #986 of 109733/1/13 at 9:02ampost #987 of 109733/1/13 at 10:57amQuote:
Unless you want to upgrade for esthetic reason, stock is fine.post #988 of 109733/1/13 at 11:49amQuote:
Here's my LCD2 cable experience.
Late fall 2012, I purchased a set of used R1's The seller was kind enough to include a 2M Steve Eddy Q-cable with the stock cable despite the fact he owned LCD3's. The stock cable was longer but very bulky. It's the round one. Since the 2M Q-cable is too short from time to time I'd use the stock. To my ears I couldn't detect, I'll say, any difference.
Then a couple months ago I purchase a new set of R2's. They came with the new flat cable. Straight away I did not like the sound. The R2's were not broken in at the time, but exchanging the flat cable with the round cable or the Q-cable made a huge difference. I'll describe the new, flat, stock cable as lacking musicality. I have not given it a second chance.
Just say'npost #989 of 109733/1/13 at 5:42pmpost #990 of 109733/1/13 at 6:11pmQuote:Quote:Wire Construction
140 strands of high purity audio grade copper
20AWG for very low impedance, high current capacity with extended high frequency range
Low inductance and Capacitance
Maximum operating voltage 500V AC or DC
Very flexible, tangle free cable
Professional ¼” gold plated stereo plug for input signal
Professional gold plated latching 4 pin mini XLR connectors
Dielectric strength: 500V AC
Resistance: 170 milliohms for returned path of 2.5m long cable; this includes the contact resistance of our mini XLR connector on LCD-2 housing
Capacitance: 250 pF, including mini XLR connector on LCD-2 housing
Response: -3dB @ 12.7 MHz
Inductance: 1.8 microH
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 2 minutes ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Most Comfortable Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure Announces Lightning Terminated IEM Cable @ CES 2017 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 giveaway 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear