I think I'm going to have to get a Lyr..any alternatives to that? I've been using my O2 and Headstage Arrow 3G, and I think even on gain III, I'm just at the beginning of what these will sound like with a better amp..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 66post #976 of 105632/28/13 at 6:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 105632/28/13 at 9:00pmpost #978 of 105632/28/13 at 9:01pmpost #979 of 105632/28/13 at 10:29pmpost #980 of 105632/28/13 at 10:41pmpost #981 of 105632/28/13 at 11:05pmpost #982 of 105633/1/13 at 1:35ampost #983 of 105633/1/13 at 3:44amQuote:
I think the stock cable is good sounding cable. An upgraded cable will be smoother and let you hear more detail in the recordings. But the stock IMO is not a bad cable.post #984 of 105633/1/13 at 4:04ampost #985 of 105633/1/13 at 7:56am
I agree with Frank I, the stock cable is quite good. I've upgraded to Steve Eddy's Q-audio cable, but mostly for ergonomic reasons. I went back to the stock cable for a while and I was not disappointed, even though I like the SQ a little more with the Q-audio cables. I have not heard the latest version of the Audeze stock cable, however, so YMMV.post #986 of 105633/1/13 at 9:02ampost #987 of 105633/1/13 at 10:57amQuote:
Unless you want to upgrade for esthetic reason, stock is fine.post #988 of 105633/1/13 at 11:49amQuote:
Here's my LCD2 cable experience.
Late fall 2012, I purchased a set of used R1's The seller was kind enough to include a 2M Steve Eddy Q-cable with the stock cable despite the fact he owned LCD3's. The stock cable was longer but very bulky. It's the round one. Since the 2M Q-cable is too short from time to time I'd use the stock. To my ears I couldn't detect, I'll say, any difference.
Then a couple months ago I purchase a new set of R2's. They came with the new flat cable. Straight away I did not like the sound. The R2's were not broken in at the time, but exchanging the flat cable with the round cable or the Q-cable made a huge difference. I'll describe the new, flat, stock cable as lacking musicality. I have not given it a second chance.
Just say'npost #989 of 105633/1/13 at 5:42pmpost #990 of 105633/1/13 at 6:11pmQuote:Quote:Wire Construction
140 strands of high purity audio grade copper
20AWG for very low impedance, high current capacity with extended high frequency range
Low inductance and Capacitance
Maximum operating voltage 500V AC or DC
Very flexible, tangle free cable
Professional ¼” gold plated stereo plug for input signal
Professional gold plated latching 4 pin mini XLR connectors
Dielectric strength: 500V AC
Resistance: 170 milliohms for returned path of 2.5m long cable; this includes the contact resistance of our mini XLR connector on LCD-2 housing
Capacitance: 250 pF, including mini XLR connector on LCD-2 housing
Response: -3dB @ 12.7 MHz
Inductance: 1.8 microH
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 18 seconds ago
- › Effect of source output impedance on headphone frequency response 42 seconds ago
- › New here, looking for headphone advice. 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sub-bass oriented headphones/IEMs. 2 minutes ago
- › What portable DAC/AMP do you recommend me to use with the ATH M50X ? 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Sennheiser HD 224 and 565 in good working condition 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear