Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 98869/1/10 at 4:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 98869/1/10 at 4:57pmQuote:
Symphones Magnums, and really only because the LCD-2s are a bit heavy and still press on the sides of my head a bit too much.
I still have the Stax rig here. My plan is to build a KGSSHV and use that with the 404LE and maybe Omega IIs later on. Going by what I've read of the T1s, I don't think I'd like them.
post #93 of 98869/1/10 at 6:16pmpost #94 of 98869/1/10 at 6:56pmpost #95 of 98869/1/10 at 7:45pmpost #96 of 98869/1/10 at 8:21pm
I think the pro900 will give you even more bass than the LCD-2. I was really surprised with just how much bass comes from the pro900. Also, the LCD-2 should have considerable more detail / realism all around.
I have heard both, but only briefly on one occasion each, so take it as you will.
Of course either should rock properly with metal.
Edited by thread - 9/1/10 at 8:24pmpost #97 of 98869/1/10 at 9:12pm
I had the pro900 for two years, I must say reluctantly, they are not in the same league. The bass of the pro900 is great but the quality is not as good as the LCD2. The pro900 is quite bright, I must say, and can be fatiguing.post #98 of 98869/1/10 at 9:28pm
That is great news hopefully I should have my LCD-2's by the end of the month =)
post #99 of 98869/1/10 at 10:31pmQuote:
These go along as cats and dogs...
As for bass the 900 may compete in sub bass but as mentioned the quality and the impact is better on the LCD-2. The Pro 900 is more trebly so you easier hear detail in the treble then the LCD-2 where the LCD-2 with it´s more forward mid range have more detail there. Both are very very fast and detailed headphones though. Truly fast that is. Not perceived speed which 900 has more.post #100 of 98869/3/10 at 1:12amThread Starterpost #101 of 98869/3/10 at 1:23am
The more and more I use the LCD2s, the more harder it is to use other cans. There is this "inner detail" that is so addictive at low level listening, that etched 3d quality, so hard to explain. The way a note stands loud and clear, away from others - with its pin sharp outline and definition.
Now I understand why people call the HD650 "veiled"...and so is the K701...Yup...the K701 suffers veil also. SE530 IEMS, D7000 ....Veiled.
Edited by SP Wild - 9/3/10 at 1:31ampost #102 of 98869/3/10 at 5:03amThread Starterpost #103 of 98869/3/10 at 6:33am
Ahhh, the wonders of Planer Magnetic speakers (or headphones). I get the same feeling listening to a good pair of Magnepan speakers.....
post #104 of 98869/3/10 at 6:35amQuote:
John have your heard the LCD2 and your opinion is appreciated as I have one on order. I am a Maggie guy myself.post #105 of 98869/3/10 at 7:03am
I'd be interested in this perspective too. I'm on the list for an eventual set of LCD-2's, and a long-time Maggie owner. I invested a lot of time and money to get the most out of the Maggies, bi-amping them, getting rid of the factory cross-over w. a Marchand electronic X/O, and rewiring them with Vampire wire, and adding a set of Audiokinesis Swarm subs (4 subs). Now my man-cave delivers music that is visceral and exciting and amazingly detailed compared to what stock Maggies deliver. I'm not much of a headphone guy, generally. Mostly early-morning/late night, to keep from waking the rest of the family. And of course I have 'phones on while working during the day on the computer. But I'm hoping the Audez'e's will deliver some of that Maggie-like magic!
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 second ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 8 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 22 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 54 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, December 4, 2016 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear