Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 105749/1/10 at 4:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 105749/1/10 at 4:57pmQuote:
Symphones Magnums, and really only because the LCD-2s are a bit heavy and still press on the sides of my head a bit too much.
I still have the Stax rig here. My plan is to build a KGSSHV and use that with the 404LE and maybe Omega IIs later on. Going by what I've read of the T1s, I don't think I'd like them.
post #93 of 105749/1/10 at 6:16pmpost #94 of 105749/1/10 at 6:56pmpost #95 of 105749/1/10 at 7:45pmpost #96 of 105749/1/10 at 8:21pm
I think the pro900 will give you even more bass than the LCD-2. I was really surprised with just how much bass comes from the pro900. Also, the LCD-2 should have considerable more detail / realism all around.
I have heard both, but only briefly on one occasion each, so take it as you will.
Of course either should rock properly with metal.
Edited by thread - 9/1/10 at 8:24pmpost #97 of 105749/1/10 at 9:12pm
I had the pro900 for two years, I must say reluctantly, they are not in the same league. The bass of the pro900 is great but the quality is not as good as the LCD2. The pro900 is quite bright, I must say, and can be fatiguing.post #98 of 105749/1/10 at 9:28pm
That is great news hopefully I should have my LCD-2's by the end of the month =)
post #99 of 105749/1/10 at 10:31pmQuote:
These go along as cats and dogs...
As for bass the 900 may compete in sub bass but as mentioned the quality and the impact is better on the LCD-2. The Pro 900 is more trebly so you easier hear detail in the treble then the LCD-2 where the LCD-2 with it´s more forward mid range have more detail there. Both are very very fast and detailed headphones though. Truly fast that is. Not perceived speed which 900 has more.post #100 of 105749/3/10 at 1:12amThread Starterpost #101 of 105749/3/10 at 1:23am
The more and more I use the LCD2s, the more harder it is to use other cans. There is this "inner detail" that is so addictive at low level listening, that etched 3d quality, so hard to explain. The way a note stands loud and clear, away from others - with its pin sharp outline and definition.
Now I understand why people call the HD650 "veiled"...and so is the K701...Yup...the K701 suffers veil also. SE530 IEMS, D7000 ....Veiled.
Edited by SP Wild - 9/3/10 at 1:31ampost #102 of 105749/3/10 at 5:03amThread Starterpost #103 of 105749/3/10 at 6:33am
Ahhh, the wonders of Planer Magnetic speakers (or headphones). I get the same feeling listening to a good pair of Magnepan speakers.....
post #104 of 105749/3/10 at 6:35amQuote:
John have your heard the LCD2 and your opinion is appreciated as I have one on order. I am a Maggie guy myself.post #105 of 105749/3/10 at 7:03am
I'd be interested in this perspective too. I'm on the list for an eventual set of LCD-2's, and a long-time Maggie owner. I invested a lot of time and money to get the most out of the Maggies, bi-amping them, getting rid of the factory cross-over w. a Marchand electronic X/O, and rewiring them with Vampire wire, and adding a set of Audiokinesis Swarm subs (4 subs). Now my man-cave delivers music that is visceral and exciting and amazingly detailed compared to what stock Maggies deliver. I'm not much of a headphone guy, generally. Mostly early-morning/late night, to keep from waking the rest of the family. And of course I have 'phones on while working during the day on the computer. But I'm hoping the Audez'e's will deliver some of that Maggie-like magic!
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 29 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 39 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 41 seconds ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Denafrips DAC-8PRO2 R2R discrete ladder DAC - who's the King now? 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendation for unsatisfied HD650 owner 6 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear