or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 588

post #8806 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


Just guys being guys! My wife is very supportive of my hobby, but she isn't less expensive, that's for sure. smily_headphones1.gif

My GF is the one with the big bucks since she is still working (Chanel, Hermes, LV and other designer stuff makes headphones look cheap in comparison), I'm retired so have somewhat of a very variable fixed income, I still do some consulting work for project/construction management to make extra spending money.  For me my GF is less expensive since she just buys what she wants and is not dependent on me for anything.

post #8807 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidA View Post

  For me my GF is less expensive since she just buys what she wants and is not dependent on me for anything.

Just for the love right mate?

post #8808 of 8816

Modern GF here too (job, happy when I'm happy, ...).

She also like listen. I bought two fostex t50rp to get the planar sound outside with her  :-)

post #8809 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
 


I currently have the Raidho XT-3s. I understand that both the Raidhos and the Aavik are not cheap. I love my hobby. Some people collect cars, motorcycles, and stuff, yet my passion is in HiFi. This system did not happen overnight, though; this was years and years in the making of buying gear and trading up for better components, etc.

Gorgeous speakers, at least to look at, and I have no doubt they sound even better than they look. So did you also have a proper music room designed or were you lucky enough to just have a room to use with good acoustics already?

post #8810 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 

Gorgeous speakers, at least to look at, and I have no doubt they sound even better than they look. So did you also have a proper music room designed or were you lucky enough to just have a room to use with good acoustics already?


Thanks! They really sound fantastic (and they better for the price). The HiFi rig is in our living room but we have high ceilings and I only have diffusers behind the main listening position. My system just sounds better in their current location than when I had my previous set ups in the basement.

post #8811 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post
 

I don't own the headband, but I've not read anything about cracking of those headbands.  Epoxy is probably a good idea to at least slow down the crack, as I assume there is stress there from flexing.  On the other hand, the crack may only be on the clearcoat on the surface, which would be less of an issue.  IMO

Following up - got my band today, and it looks like it is the latter; it looks like a somewhat deep surface scratch, but not an actual crack (looking from the side and bottom, you cant see anything).  Now i am really happy given that i got it for half off.. Now once my vegan earpads and new cable show up, it will be like i have a brand new pair for a still good used price.. call me excited!

post #8812 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat207 View Post
 

Following up - got my band today, and it looks like it is the latter; it looks like a somewhat deep surface scratch, but not an actual crack (looking from the side and bottom, you cant see anything).  Now i am really happy given that i got it for half off.. Now once my vegan earpads and new cable show up, it will be like i have a brand new pair for a still good used price.. call me excited!

Excellent!  Please give us an impression of the comfort of the band when you have a chance.  Thanks!

post #8813 of 8816
I have a very tolerant girlfriend who not only puts up with the giant, expensive headphones, but also happily deals with big floor standing speakers and close to 2000 LPs in our apartment! I'm hanging on to her!
post #8814 of 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRC001 View Post
 

In that case, here's the graph for my LCD-2F provided by Audeze. The bumps from 4 - 8 kHz appear to be an artifact of sinusoidal smoothing. The overall shape of the curve is similar to what InnerFidelity measured. You can see how a parametric EQ +3 dB centered at 4500 Hz Q=0.67 would make it nearly perfectly flat Freq Response.

Here's my LCD-2F FR, really close:

post #8815 of 8816

Thanks for sharing. A sample of only 2 is not scientific, but the consistency looks great.

post #8816 of 8816

Something interesting about those 2 graphs is how much thicker the '14 fazor looks in comparison, with a slow rise across 1khz down to 50hz

 

I already miss my LCD2s bass, but it's upper range on the ltest version sounded so messed up to my ear.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread