Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 57post #841 of 104201/18/13 at 1:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 104201/18/13 at 1:55pmpost #843 of 104201/18/13 at 2:26pm
I do! I'll post pics right when I get home. Unfortunately, there is a crack on the left cup, for some reason. I've had the cans for the past two weeks and just realized the crack today...with no drops or changes in humidity, I wonder how it happened... With Audeze's great customer service record, I'm sure we'll clean this right up.post #844 of 104201/18/13 at 2:36pm
Thanks Guys! Sorry to hear Fatman. Maybe it will give it some character if you wanted to keep it :). I was wondering how it looked outside of the high resolution photos posted on their website. I'm sure they look identical though. I got the Bamboo and am happy with it. I'll post a pic of it too. Thanks for the help guys :).post #845 of 104201/18/13 at 2:49pmpost #846 of 104201/18/13 at 2:54pmpost #847 of 104201/18/13 at 3:01pm
Ya it's a wonderful headphone man. Great Bass, Phenomenal Mids and Soft, but Present Highs. It teams up really well with my Burson too.
Edited by MusicEnthusiast - 1/18/13 at 3:03pmpost #848 of 104201/18/13 at 4:44pmQuote:post #849 of 104201/18/13 at 4:53pmpost #850 of 104201/18/13 at 5:09pm
I posted a few questions in the recommendation thread and they suggest I ask here.
I am looking to get a pair of Audeze LCD2s, a Schiit Lyr and a Schiit Bifrost.
First question is what tubes should I get for the Lyr?
Secondly, if I am in Australia do i select 230v for the Schiit items?
Thirdly, To connect my PC to the Bifrost should I use an optical cable from my motherboard or a coaxial cable from my soundcard?
And any other tips for my setup would be appreciated. (to make it easier or to make it sound better)post #851 of 104201/18/13 at 6:01pm
For the price of the Lyr and Bifrost, you might be interested in the ALO Audio Pan Am. At $600, I think it's a great deal (compared to the Lyr/Bifrost combo at $800). And the $200 battery allows you to carry it around.
Unfortunately, I have never heard the Lyr/Bifrost combo, so I wouldn't be the one to ask. But, from what I have heard, the Pan Am possibly might be the best match <$100 for the LCD-2.2s.post #852 of 104201/18/13 at 6:03pmpost #853 of 104201/18/13 at 6:19pmQuote:
By no means interpret this as question written in the aggressive voice; I kindly ask you one single question. Have you listened to the Pan Am? I doubt that the M&M stack would be able compete with it...but the L&B, as a desktop setup from a value-driven company, definitely ought to sound better, especially as it is more expensive.
As for ALO's high value, I strongly agree. $450 for a copper only cable is waaay too much. Even $450 is too much for a cable...unless it's a 50% silver USB cable to use with my USB 5.0 30 terabyte 72000 RPM hard drive.post #854 of 104201/18/13 at 6:24pm
With the stock tubes I found the Pan Am to be pretty underwhelming with my Senns. IMO the M&M stack sounds better, and for less than half the price of the ALO.
Edited by swmtnbiker - 1/18/13 at 6:27pmpost #855 of 104201/18/13 at 6:34pmQuote:
Really? (Starts to cry, as his world crashes down around him)
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 26 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 45 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 53 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7/7+ Compact External DAC/Amp Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear