Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 54

post #796 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Leather or Leather-Free? Also, if I'm going to buy these(at a retail store), how do I know if there Rev 1 or 2 and what type of connectors they have(they have new ones right?)

Go with leather free, they're more comfortable and cooler on the ears.

 

To be 100% certain you need to contact Audeze. There have been 531 S/N which were Rev 1's, for example.

 

Rev 2's say Audeze LCD-2 instead of Audeze Research. Thicker pads, leather headband.

 

All angled connectors are Rev 2's.

post #797 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Leather or Leather-Free? Also, if I'm going to buy these(at a retail store), how do I know if there Rev 1 or 2 and what type of connectors they have(they have new ones right?)

Go with leather free, they're more comfortable and cooler on the ears.

 

To be 100% certain you need to contact Audeze. There have been 531 S/N which were Rev 1's, for example.

 

Rev 2's say Audeze LCD-2 instead of Audeze Research. Thicker pads, leather headband.

 

All angled connectors are Rev 2's.

Gotcha, also, is Rev. 2 lighter then Rev. 1? And Rosewood or Bamboo? 

post #798 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Gotcha, also, is Rev. 2 lighter then Rev. 1?

Yea. Sure, if you can actually tell the difference without weighing 'em.

post #799 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Gotcha, also, is Rev. 2 lighter then Rev. 1?

Yea. Sure, if you can actually tell the difference without weighing 'em.

And Rosewood or Bamboo?

post #800 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Go with leather free, they're more comfortable and cooler on the ears.

 

To be 100% certain you need to contact Audeze. There have been 531 S/N which were Rev 1's, for example.

 

Rev 2's say Audeze LCD-2 instead of Audeze Research. Thicker pads, leather headband.

 

All angled connectors are Rev 2's.

I think the last revision is rev3, but I don't know if they call it that. The difference is that they put metal connectors as for lcd3 instead of wooden ones, introduced a more comfortable headband and the bamboo version  .

 

The rev2 and 1

lcd2.jpg

 

 

And the rev3

 

audeze_lcd_2_bamboo.jpg

 

If it has the metal connectors you can be sure it is not the rev2 or rev1. I find the rev3 to be more comfortable and lighter than rev2. I did not find differences in sound between bamboo and rosewood, however, in theory bamboo is more durable than the rosewood, but many find the rosewood more sexy. I for one got the bamboo version :) 


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 1/13/13 at 5:28pm
post #801 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

And Rosewood or Bamboo?

 

Preference differs. I like Bamboo, others like Rosewood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

I think the last revision is rev3, but I don't know if they call it that. The difference is that they put metal connectors as for lcd3 instead of wooden ones, introduced a more comfortable headband and the bamboo version  .

 

The rev2 and 1

And the rev3If it has the metal connectors you can be sure it is not the rev2 or rev1. I find the rev3 to be more comfortable and lighter than rev2.

 

 

 

 

Technically it's not, no revisions done to the drivers. It's all just housing changes. 

 

The Rev 2 angled connectors are also lighter than Rev 2 non angled connectors. But that was a given with Bamboo.

Not sure about the Rosewood angled connectors.

post #802 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

And Rosewood or Bamboo?

My boo's are on the truck.

 

FYI...

I went through this whole wikipedia wood hardness thing, cuz I figured that wood hardness "wood" be important.

The bamboo on the LCD2's is laminated.  That makes it much stronger than a single piece of wood.

I believe the rosewood is a lot more popular though.

 

Their appearance grew on me quite a bit, so I went boo.

post #803 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnothim View Post

My boo's are on the truck.

 

FYI...

I went through this whole wikipedia wood hardness thing, cuz I figured that wood hardness "wood" be important.

The bamboo on the LCD2's is laminated.  That makes it much stronger than a single piece of wood.

I believe the rosewood is a lot more popular though.

 

Their appearance grew on me quite a bit, so I went boo.


Composite bamboo is very unlikely to crack.

Don't worry, Chinese bamboo is very strong. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40QxMEU3KoU&feature=player_detailpage

post #804 of 4201

Has anyone thought of experimenting with putting LCD-3 pads on LCD-2, I wouldn't be surprised that bigger soundstage on the former is the result of thicker pads.

I doesn't seem though that Audeze sells replacement pads for LCD-3 yet. Wish they made them more easily replaceable though.

 

LCD-2 pad with LCD-3

 

 

Also question for LCD-2.2 owners, do you have foam or thin mesh driver covering on the pad?


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 1/13/13 at 6:43pm
post #805 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

Has anyone thought of experimenting with putting LCD-3 pads on LCD-2, I wouldn't be surprised that bigger soundstage on the former is the result of thicker pads.

I doesn't seem though that Audeze sells replacement pads for LCD-3 yet.

 

LCD-2 pad with LCD-3

 

Sphinx has experimented with this. See

post #806 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Sphinx has experimented with this. See

Did you d this dox?

post #807 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnothim View Post

Did you d this dox?

I have tried both ways, but perhaps not in the same nature Sphinx did. He (I believe was the first). I tried it out of curiosity.

My experience was pretty limited (less than a day until I switched back). 

 

I found the LCD-2's to benefit very minimal from the 3's pads. (Maybe I didn't give it enough time) w.e.

Hence why I kept my thoughts to myself.

 

Bass no change.

Treble same

Soundstage maybe more open

Comfort greatly improved, but not worth it (if you have to order 'em).

 

FWIW not much time or energy put into the experiment.

post #808 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I have tried both ways, but perhaps not in the same nature Sphinx did. He (I believe was the first). I tried it out of curiosity.

My experience was pretty limited (less than a day until I switched back). 

 

I found the LCD-2's to benefit very minimal from the 3's pads. (Maybe I didn't give it enough time) w.e.

Hence why I kept my thoughts to myself.

 

Bass no change.

Treble same

Soundstage maybe more open

Comfort greatly improved, but not worth it (if you have to order 'em).

 

FWIW not much time or energy put into the experiment.

Thanks.

That was the answer I was hoping for.  However, I'm big on comfort.  The cushions on my rev 1's are fine.  If the rev2's are the same, I'm banked.

post #809 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnothim View Post

Thanks.

That was the answer I was hoping for.  However, I'm big on comfort.  The cushions on my rev 1's are fine.  If the rev2's are the same, I'm banked.

I think it really depends if you're one of 'em that agonizes over how unbearable the LCD's comfort is,

then the LCD-3 pads become of great importance. Otherwise, the vegan pads are super comfy, stock pads are comfy

and the LCD-3 pads are ultimately comfiest.

 

If you suffer from the clamp force, the LCD-3 pads are really a must. 

post #810 of 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I think it really depends if you're one of 'em that agonizes over how unbearable the LCD's comfort is,

then the LCD-3 pads become of great importance. Otherwise, the vegan pads are super comfy, stock pads are comfy

and the LCD-3 pads are ultimately comfiest.

 

If you suffer from the clamp force, the LCD-3 pads are really a must. 

I suffered at first, a lot, but some headband unbending took care of that completely.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread