or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 498

post #7456 of 8371
I upgraded to the Audio-GD NFB-28 when I bought my LCD-2. It's a fully balanced system, and oh boy how it synergiezes!
post #7457 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPowers View Post

I upgraded to the Audio-GD NFB-28 when I bought my LCD-2. It's a fully balanced system, and oh boy how it synergiezes!

I don't have any balanced stuff though :/
post #7458 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Any recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.

I have really enjoyed my Gumby so far to say the least, totally changed how music sounds for me. The Gumby made everything I have ever listened to extremely addicting again. I would definitely recommend it!

post #7459 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautrachkfriend View Post

I have really enjoyed my Gumby so far to say the least, totally changed how music sounds for me. The Gumby made everything I have ever listened to extremely addicting again. I would definitely recommend it!

Thank you! Been getting loads of recommendations for the Gungnir Multibit and Matrix Sabre.
post #7460 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiq View Post
 

Audeze is a bit much to deal with.   So here's my tale.  Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's.  Couple of weeks later it was delivered.  But it was for Astell not the Pono.   Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono .  .  . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes.   Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is.    And  yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting.    So did I learn?  Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18).  Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.

 

So is it worth the wait and pita?   Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis.  The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues.   There is a tipping point.

 

EDIT:  + 6 hrs.   E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number.   Am no longer approaching the "tipping point".   One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .).  Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.

 

happy listening


  I have an older lcd2 with the wood encased headphone cable inputs and I was not happy with mine either. I have replaced the cable which was 2/3 the cost of the headphone approximately(ooouuuchhh!!!!!!!!!!) and I was happier with the performance . But at what cost that stock cable they supply with their headphones are a joke and severely hold back the performance of audezes headphones . Audeze really ought to do something about the stock cables they supply with their headphones they really are not that great at all .I got a chance to hear the ether at last years axpona show and they sounded very good but it had the optional cables on it but it did sound very good especially with the cavalli amp they were using .


Edited by buson160man - 2/10/16 at 8:23pm
post #7461 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Any recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.

Audio-GD DAC-19 (10th anniversary), an absolutely great R-2R DAC.
post #7462 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


Thank you! Been getting loads of recommendations for the Gungnir Multibit and Matrix Sabre.

Schiit makes the music grow.

post #7463 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiq View Post
 

Audeze is a bit much to deal with.   So here's my tale.  Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's.  Couple of weeks later it was delivered.  But it was for Astell not the Pono.   Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono .  .  . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes.   Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is.    And  yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting.    So did I learn?  Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18).  Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.

 

So is it worth the wait and pita?   Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis.  The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues.   There is a tipping point.

 

EDIT:  + 6 hrs.   E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number.   Am no longer approaching the "tipping point".   One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .).  Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.

 

happy listening

Did you manually email them instead of submitting an inquiry with Support? I've submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

 

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

post #7464 of 8371

Man I've heard nothing but horror stories about Audeze's support.

post #7465 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post

Man I've heard nothing but horror stories about Audeze's support.
That's because you're on head fi 😜. Most customers have had good experiences. I heard back from them within a day for an rma, and I've had no complaints for 18 months. Occasionally someone slips through the cracks and ends up here.
post #7466 of 8371
I've read plenty of positive stories in this thread.
post #7467 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeupword View Post
 

Did you manually email them instead of submitting an inquiry with Support? I've submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

 

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

 

Yes I did.   As I posted above @taxiq " Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened."   If that is not clear enough.  What you do is look at the auto confirmation you receive from Audeze and at that bottom you will see this 

 
Merchant Contact Information
Audeze LLC
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
US
 
As I wrote above, all you need do is hit your "REPLY" button and you will send an email to tony.   He's a sales rep, who I think will be earning a commission if he is involved (some companies do not pay commissions on direct website sales).   In my case he responded immediately and my order will be delivered today.
 
If you email support, you are going to tech people NOT sales support.  So don't be surprised  when you don't get a prompt response on an order issue.
 
DO Email tony!    And please report back to this thread your results so this posting can either be confirmed or refuted.
 
 
 
 
post #7468 of 8371
Hello,

I loved the he400i which i sold and happen to regret the decision. Instead of rebuying the same, i thgt lcd 2 would be way to go. I bought this adorama bundle with lcd-2 and ifi idsd amp today.

I am not able to see or hear about the aluminum edition - lcd 2 being sold by adorama or any reviews/discussions. How different is it from the existing wooden version.

I have a schitt modi 2 uber / magni 2 uber amp-dac. Will these be adequate to drive the lcd-2s

Thanks.
post #7469 of 8371

It won't sound any different - the metal ring is entirely cosmetic due to the open design. That gear will work great for driving your gear... you can always get to a Head-Fi meet to try other gear. If you wanted a slight upgrade, something like the Audio-GD NFB-11 would be nice IMHO. Better DAC, Class A amp section :).

post #7470 of 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiq View Post
 

Schiit makes the music grow.


Their new logo ? :atsmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread