- 367 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
Before I begin, I'd like to thank @NLNH for sending me a set free of charge in exchange for my review. I will try and be as honest and truthful as I can in my review regardless. To be honest, when...
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 497post #7441 of 82682/6/16 at 6:49pmSorry to hear that! Let's hope for a speedy recovery. Do you know the approximate build date?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7442 of 82682/6/16 at 7:32pmpost #7443 of 82682/6/16 at 9:06pmQuote:
You might try calling them. It might be a fluke, but I found my emails to them were responded to after a couple of weeks, yet I called them once and they returned my call within a half an hour.post #7444 of 82682/6/16 at 9:10pmpost #7445 of 82682/7/16 at 11:57ampost #7446 of 82682/7/16 at 12:04pmQuote:
Don't know if there are any percentages, maybe more frequent than other phones. But they sound great, and I'm banking on that plus the fact that they seem to be easily repairable. For me, also knowing I wouldn't have to ship them out of the country even if something went bad.post #7447 of 82682/7/16 at 2:32pm
So I recently acquired a 2.2 pre-fazor with the specific purpose to compare it to my 2.2f Bamboo's (October '15 build). Wanted to hear the non-fazor/fazor argument for myself.
I'm not fully done A/B testing, but as of now I pretty sure I'll be keeping the 2.2f's. To my ears what has won me over is an increased soundstage, treble bump and slightly increased detail retrieval (although I'm not sure if this is due to the treble increase). That and the decrease in sub-bass doesn't seem to be that dramatic. I've tested with a variety of music genre's all coming from very HQ vinyl rips with a Gustard H10/X12 combo.
Any thoughts, suggestions before I ship these 2.2 pre-fazors off? Actually I'm kinda bummed to let them go, those Rosewood housings are so beautiful.post #7448 of 82682/7/16 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by krumley7882
I had similar thing happen last week, @LEGendARY. Spoke to Audeze friday and the phones should be going out next week. Said they had back orders and waiting for wood delivery. Thanks
I check my email and order status like 50 times a day. My order has been at "Completed" status for the fourth day.
Not that long, but had me thinking why the hell did I buy it from the manufacturer. I wish I bought them from Razordogaudio or some other reseller. I think they also accept returns in case I didn't like the headphones. Amazon is the one to blame. I'm used to prime 2-day shipping and all that.post #7449 of 82682/7/16 at 4:34pmpost #7450 of 82682/7/16 at 5:48pm
I know. But two days to process an order of $1000 headphones, Tuesday and Wednesday. And then Thursday and Friday they did nothing. Not even an update or an explanation. Nobody answers requests! Like for real, are they that occupied! I mean it's a small company after all with a relatively low number of costumers. But still they seem not to give a F***.
@ krumley7882 did mention the shortage of wood. So now at least I know whats up!post #7451 of 82682/8/16 at 2:28ampost #7452 of 82682/9/16 at 2:40pmQuote:
Just out of curiosity, did you try ordering directly from Audeze?post #7453 of 82682/9/16 at 8:16pmpost #7454 of 82682/10/16 at 2:51am
Audeze is a bit much to deal with. So here's my tale. Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's. Couple of weeks later it was delivered. But it was for Astell not the Pono. Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono . . . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes. Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is. And yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting. So did I learn? Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18). Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.
So is it worth the wait and pita? Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis. The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues. There is a tipping point.
EDIT: + 6 hrs. E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number. Am no longer approaching the "tipping point". One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .). Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation. Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.
Edited by taxiq - 2/10/16 at 11:51ampost #7455 of 82682/10/16 at 6:27pmAny recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 14 seconds ago
- › Baldoor/Mrice E100 Frequency Graph...how's it look? 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 54 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW ATH-CKS1100 first look by Jant71. PG 2066. 1 minute ago
- › Question: Grace Design M903 vs. Violectric V281 ? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse