- 372 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 497post #7441 of 83712/6/16 at 6:49pmSorry to hear that! Let's hope for a speedy recovery. Do you know the approximate build date?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7442 of 83712/6/16 at 7:32pmpost #7443 of 83712/6/16 at 9:06pmQuote:
You might try calling them. It might be a fluke, but I found my emails to them were responded to after a couple of weeks, yet I called them once and they returned my call within a half an hour.post #7444 of 83712/6/16 at 9:10pmpost #7445 of 83712/7/16 at 11:57ampost #7446 of 83712/7/16 at 12:04pmQuote:
Don't know if there are any percentages, maybe more frequent than other phones. But they sound great, and I'm banking on that plus the fact that they seem to be easily repairable. For me, also knowing I wouldn't have to ship them out of the country even if something went bad.post #7447 of 83712/7/16 at 2:32pm
So I recently acquired a 2.2 pre-fazor with the specific purpose to compare it to my 2.2f Bamboo's (October '15 build). Wanted to hear the non-fazor/fazor argument for myself.
I'm not fully done A/B testing, but as of now I pretty sure I'll be keeping the 2.2f's. To my ears what has won me over is an increased soundstage, treble bump and slightly increased detail retrieval (although I'm not sure if this is due to the treble increase). That and the decrease in sub-bass doesn't seem to be that dramatic. I've tested with a variety of music genre's all coming from very HQ vinyl rips with a Gustard H10/X12 combo.
Any thoughts, suggestions before I ship these 2.2 pre-fazors off? Actually I'm kinda bummed to let them go, those Rosewood housings are so beautiful.post #7448 of 83712/7/16 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by krumley7882
I had similar thing happen last week, @LEGendARY. Spoke to Audeze friday and the phones should be going out next week. Said they had back orders and waiting for wood delivery. Thanks
I check my email and order status like 50 times a day. My order has been at "Completed" status for the fourth day.
Not that long, but had me thinking why the hell did I buy it from the manufacturer. I wish I bought them from Razordogaudio or some other reseller. I think they also accept returns in case I didn't like the headphones. Amazon is the one to blame. I'm used to prime 2-day shipping and all that.post #7449 of 83712/7/16 at 4:34pmpost #7450 of 83712/7/16 at 5:48pm
I know. But two days to process an order of $1000 headphones, Tuesday and Wednesday. And then Thursday and Friday they did nothing. Not even an update or an explanation. Nobody answers requests! Like for real, are they that occupied! I mean it's a small company after all with a relatively low number of costumers. But still they seem not to give a F***.
@ krumley7882 did mention the shortage of wood. So now at least I know whats up!post #7451 of 83712/8/16 at 2:28ampost #7452 of 83712/9/16 at 2:40pmQuote:
Just out of curiosity, did you try ordering directly from Audeze?post #7453 of 83712/9/16 at 8:16pmpost #7454 of 83712/10/16 at 2:51am
Audeze is a bit much to deal with. So here's my tale. Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's. Couple of weeks later it was delivered. But it was for Astell not the Pono. Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono . . . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes. Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is. And yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting. So did I learn? Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18). Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.
So is it worth the wait and pita? Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis. The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues. There is a tipping point.
EDIT: + 6 hrs. E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number. Am no longer approaching the "tipping point". One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .). Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation. Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.
Edited by taxiq - 2/10/16 at 11:51ampost #7455 of 83712/10/16 at 6:27pmAny recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 20 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 50 seconds ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...