Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 274post #4096 of 41059/17/14 at 7:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4097 of 41059/17/14 at 10:54ampost #4098 of 41059/17/14 at 11:07am
I recently got confirmation on something that I have mentioned on head-fi before, but people didn't seem to believe. We all know that the new LCD2.2F models have an impedance of 70 ohms, but before that many people assumed that they were 50 ohms. I know that all of the reviews out on the web, such as the 6 moons review, state that their LCD2 were 50 ohm, but I recently asked Audeze about my own LCD2 that has had the serial number sticker removed. Without the serial number I would have had to send it in to determine if mine was a rev 1 or a rev 2. My pair of LCD2 measure at 60 ohms and when I mentioned this to Audeze they confirmed that LCD2 rev 1 measure at 45 ~ 50 ohms, rev 2 measure at 60 ohms, and the fazor models measure at 70 ohms. If you are ever unsure of what model you have, just check the resistance and you can get your answer if you have a multimeter lying around.
I know it seems pretty random for me to post this here, but I really couldn't find this information anywhere on head-fi or anywhere else. I just thought the information needs to be out there.post #4099 of 41059/17/14 at 11:44ampost #4100 of 41059/18/14 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky
Just got loan LCD 2F for a week. It's definitely improvement compare to LCD2rev3 with bigger imaging and slight cleaner presentation while still remain thick, smooth and no harsh or sibilant at all. This headphone is even more forgiving compare to Oppo PM-1.
Though when I compare it to LCD-X the gap is still there, and it's very easy to pick the winner. The price gap says it clearly after all.
Yep, summarizes my thoughts exactly. I am new here and started a thread in the "Help" section comparing the freq charts (I really don't know how to read them, but comparing the 2Fs to the rev3 Non-Fs there was a noticeable difference on the charts). The actual audio difference was quite apparent to me and exactly as you described. I also had both versions side-by-side to immediately compare the differences.post #4101 of 41059/18/14 at 6:57ampost #4102 of 41059/18/14 at 7:04amQuote:
Well, I agree with you. My LCD2 non-fazors were too confined but the LCD2s with fazors really opened up the sound stage and seemed to add a more 3D quality.post #4103 of 41059/18/14 at 2:27pmI seem to remember that Audeze confirmed (in a conversation with Tyll?) that they have also been evolving / improving the driver materials on the LCD-2 along with adding the Fazor. This, combined with the more cohesive sound wave from the Fazor, would make a big difference.
What I prefer about the XC over the 2 is the speed of the drivers. The texture of the music is just so realistic and I can distinguish much more detail with the XC. Guitar string vibrations are heard clearer. Cymbal hits decay better. Drums beat more naturally. Piano is just so real.
In the end I really like what the lighter and faster drivers of XC do to the sound to bring it closer to feeling real. This is what I feel is part of the bigger sound change to the LCD-2F. I'm not saying they have the same material / driver as the XC, because they do not. I'm saying that they have been improving the drivers with each iteration including the Fazor version which may be the biggest improvement to the SQ.post #4104 of 41059/18/14 at 2:30pmpost #4105 of 41059/18/14 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by x RELIC x
I seem to remember that Audeze confirmed (in a conversation with Tyll?) that they have also been evolving / improving the driver materials on the LCD-2 along with adding the Fazor. This, combined with the more cohesive sound wave from the Fazor, would make a big difference.
In the end I really like what the lighter and faster drivers of XC do to the sound to bring it closer to feeling real. This is what I feel is part of the bigger sound change to the LCD-2F. I'm not saying they have the same material / driver as the XC, because they do not. I'm saying that they have been improving the drivers with each iteration including the Fazor version which may be the biggest improvement to the SQ.
The conversation was with yours truly ;). The material change should made no difference in sound quality, and is probably used on all drivers now. I did not confirm that, but it would only make sense in context. The only thing that should change is how the drivers wear down over time, but it carries all of the same characteristics for sound reproduction. The thinner drivers in the X and XC are some of the best drivers on the market. The 2 and X are my favorites in the lineup. The 2F is a nice in-between.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Hugo 20 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 27 seconds ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 54 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)