Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 234

post #3496 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post

Very interesting! What kind of music were you listening to for the test?


Various things including hi-res Norah jones, some rock, and James Blake - Limit to Your Love which has a very demanding bass track. I couldn't hear anything that would stop me from using the O2 over the Lyr. That said, the Lyr isn't going anywhere and will remain my main amp, as the hardware is fantastic, and like a car, why not have extra horsepower - just because you can!
post #3497 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post


Various things including hi-res Norah jones, some rock, and James Blake - Limit to Your Love which has a very demanding bass track. I couldn't hear anything that would stop me from using the O2 over the Lyr. That said, the Lyr isn't going anywhere and will remain my main amp, as the hardware is fantastic, and like a car, why not have extra horsepower - just because you can!

And you've already bought your wheels and they shine nicely.

post #3498 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarina View Post

Does anyone find the fazored LCD2 to sound grainy or fatiguing in any way??

Nope. Sounds clean to me and I can listen to them for hours on end unlike my Grados.

post #3499 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarina View Post

Does anyone find the fazored LCD2 to sound grainy or fatiguing in any way??
Nope. Sounds clean to me and I can listen to them for hours on end unlike my Grados.
Good to hear,my ears are quite sensitive to bright sounding headphones.I had an LCD-X for a month and sold them because they were a tad too bright for my liking,hoping the LCD-2 fazor isn't quite as bright.
post #3500 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarina View Post


Good to hear,my ears are quite sensitive to bright sounding headphones.I had an LCD-X for a month and sold them because they were a tad too bright for my liking,hoping the LCD-2 fazor isn't quite as bright.


I don't consider mine bright at all. I'm used to bright cans too like my Grados. The LCD-2 Rev 2 w/ razor IMO seem more neutral. Without a doubt not bright. Actually I should say they sound more natural.

post #3501 of 3579

Any you guys using DHC "Peptide" 24awg OCC Copper litz...or any decent cryo copper litz ?

Did you find an improvement over the stock cable ? I will also be running mine balanced.

 

I just feel that spc or silver would make things thin all-round even though it may help the treble end.

post #3502 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohb View Post
 

Any you guys using DHC "Peptide" 24awg OCC Copper litz...or any decent cryo copper litz ?

Did you find an improvement over the stock cable ? I will also be running mine balanced.

 

I just feel that spc or silver would make things thin all-round even though it may help the treble end.

 

I can't comment with the LCD-2s, but feel the same way in general about SPC and silver cables. I'm a copper purist with any custom cables, but that's just me... I have a DHC Copper Litz for my Miracles and it is a beautiful looking and sounding cable.


Edited by Loquah - 7/10/14 at 4:02am
post #3503 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

I can't comment with the LCD-2s, but feel the same way in general about SPC and silver cables. I'm a copper purist with any custom cables, but that's just me... I have a DHC Copper Litz for my Miracles and it is a beautiful looking and sounding cable.


My long-in-the-tooth vintage amps repair guy that builds my cables that I source from the states said don't mix silver strands with copper ever....like these new hybrid cables. He tried to explains something about 'the 1 cycle effect' (English is his second language) and how it can also be bad for the upper end though it appears to 'jump up' the treble detail at first.

post #3504 of 3579

Silver cables do not sound thin anymore than copper cables sound bloated.

 

SPC can be  a mixed bag though.

 

I always say if you have a moderate or cheap or poor system use copper, it will mask the flaws better.

If you have a high quality or a good well balanced system use silver to get maximum quality.

 

This is disregarding personal preferences of course and is purely IMO and IME.


Edited by nigeljames - 7/10/14 at 3:25am
post #3505 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post
 

Silver cables do not sound thin anymore than copper cables sound bloated.

 

SPC can be  a mixed bag though.

 

I always say if you have a moderate or cheap or poor system use copper, it will mask the flaws better.

If you have a high quality or a good well balanced system use silver to get maximum quality.

 

This is disregarding personal preferences of course and is purely IMO and IME.

 

In hindsight, I should not have included silver in my post, because I was scared off silver by my SPC experiences and haven't been game to invest the money into pure silver cables. I'm going back to edit my previous post.

post #3506 of 3579

 

I've been using this hybrid cable on my Alpha Dogs. It's a Norne Audio Vanquish and it's a hybrid OCC copper and SPC litz. It has really expanded the soundstage and overall presentation of my headphones.

 

I noticed that the stock cable has a darker more mid emphasized sound than the new cable I have. The bass has even tightened up a little bit but is pretty close to the stock cable. I'd say it is definitely worth it but AMP and DAC are the beginning of the chain and should be more important to someone who feels like one of their components is lacking. The new cable is much more flexible and doesn't weigh a lot like the stock cable.

 

Sound improvements and comfort is a win win for me. 

post #3507 of 3579
Thanks for sharing cable material views everyone.

I think the Vegan earpads would not suck out the bass on the LCD-2's if the leather pads were swapped out...? Was just thinking the vegan pad may be more porous to absorbing the sound vs the leather funelling it all to the ear...maybe not.
I maybe read elsewhere that some preferred the older style leather pad to the new ones due to maybe firmness differences ?
Edited by Lohb - 7/11/14 at 1:24am
post #3508 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenLays View Post
 

 

 

I'm not really sure what types of amps I should look at even, or what brands etc.  I'm interested in balanced setups, just to see what it's like, but I'd also not want to shell out the entire price for them at once, maybe buy a real nice balanced amp and use it single-ended temporarily until I could buy the dac as well.

 

I could spend ~800$ total on amp+dac, but I don't even know where to start.  I read through the amp suggestions in the "amp recommendations for LCD-2" thread, and a lot of the ones people raved about were discontinued, or have new models out so I have no idea if I should buy the new version, or search my brains out to try and find a used discontinued one.


I've got the LCD 2 which sound fantastic out of the meier audio daccord classic combo. Great service as well

 

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/

post #3509 of 3579

anyone recommend speakers that sound similar to the LCD-2 or 3 line? Especially in regards to gorgeous vocal reproduction. 

post #3510 of 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulmaster View Post
 

anyone recommend speakers that sound similar to the LCD-2 or 3 line? Especially in regards to gorgeous vocal reproduction. 

 

Castle Speakers in my opinion sound very similar.

 

http://www.castle.uk.com/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread