- 523 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 60985/24/14 at 7:22amWhy not order straight from Audeze?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 60985/24/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
Not that it means anything but I went to 4 different on-line retailers and every one was out of stock on the LCD2. Not sure what that means but it seems a bit odd. They had the other models but not this one. Either they are selling like never before or Audeze is concentrating their manufacturing on the higher priced models over this one. I got one coming but it is going to be a while before I get it, week to ten days is what they told me when I ordered. I sure hope I like it after all the trouble I had to go through to get one.
You missed some then i have all 4 lcd-2 models in stock
Edited by justin w. - 5/24/14 at 9:48ampost #3183 of 60985/24/14 at 10:20ampost #3184 of 60985/25/14 at 11:26pm
Ive owned my LCD 2 for about a year now-all i have to say is what a wonderful listening experience- since then i've seriously beefed up my system by adding a moon audio silver dragon V3 cable and rolled EAT ECC 88 cool valves into my schiit LYR and Uber bifrost USB DAC and its quite the experience. The icing on the cake is my buttkicker advance tactile transducer.
I appreciate how life like the mids are and how the bass goes all the way down and stays tight and how clear all the frequencies are represented to the ear. With my current set up- I can easily say is well exceeds the LCD 3.post #3185 of 60985/27/14 at 6:21pmQuote:Quote:
And believe or not the same case repeated !
They charge me the shipping fee in the invoice, they just don't pay any attention at all on my RMA.
Just FYI though not making any ruckus before wait AGAIN for their explanation. Totally sucks.post #3186 of 60985/29/14 at 12:32amQuote:
First time I connected the LCD2 into my reference balanced dac and amp in over two years was last night...the first thing that popped into my mind was the snare drum. Same thing happened the first time I connected them balanced...that snare, what a snare.Quote:
I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way. How so?post #3187 of 60985/31/14 at 5:29am
To me, the LCD-X are more balanced sounding, whereas the LCD-3 are more refined and concerned with details. The bass on the LCD-X is quite solid sounding and very, very punchy and tight, I think the LCD-3 are more suitable for Jazz, classical and acoustic music.
Quote:post #3188 of 60985/31/14 at 1:42pmpost #3189 of 60985/31/14 at 4:22pmpost #3190 of 60986/1/14 at 12:54ampost #3191 of 60986/1/14 at 2:00am
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.post #3192 of 60986/1/14 at 2:20amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.
I think this also depends on the song. Try some songs from albums like The Very Best of Smooth Jazz :)post #3193 of 60986/1/14 at 11:05pmpost #3194 of 60986/2/14 at 9:46amQuote:
You know Brian of BTG Sold me a custom built Audeze cable for around $160, you may want to check with him, he's a fairly inexpensive and high quality Cable outfit
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado Fan Club! 48 seconds ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 13 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2