- 523 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 57635/24/14 at 7:22amWhy not order straight from Audeze?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 57635/24/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
Not that it means anything but I went to 4 different on-line retailers and every one was out of stock on the LCD2. Not sure what that means but it seems a bit odd. They had the other models but not this one. Either they are selling like never before or Audeze is concentrating their manufacturing on the higher priced models over this one. I got one coming but it is going to be a while before I get it, week to ten days is what they told me when I ordered. I sure hope I like it after all the trouble I had to go through to get one.
You missed some then i have all 4 lcd-2 models in stock
Edited by justin w. - 5/24/14 at 9:48ampost #3183 of 57635/24/14 at 10:20ampost #3184 of 57635/25/14 at 11:26pm
Ive owned my LCD 2 for about a year now-all i have to say is what a wonderful listening experience- since then i've seriously beefed up my system by adding a moon audio silver dragon V3 cable and rolled EAT ECC 88 cool valves into my schiit LYR and Uber bifrost USB DAC and its quite the experience. The icing on the cake is my buttkicker advance tactile transducer.
I appreciate how life like the mids are and how the bass goes all the way down and stays tight and how clear all the frequencies are represented to the ear. With my current set up- I can easily say is well exceeds the LCD 3.post #3185 of 57635/27/14 at 6:21pmQuote:Quote:
And believe or not the same case repeated !
They charge me the shipping fee in the invoice, they just don't pay any attention at all on my RMA.
Just FYI though not making any ruckus before wait AGAIN for their explanation. Totally sucks.post #3186 of 57635/29/14 at 12:32amQuote:
First time I connected the LCD2 into my reference balanced dac and amp in over two years was last night...the first thing that popped into my mind was the snare drum. Same thing happened the first time I connected them balanced...that snare, what a snare.Quote:
I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way. How so?post #3187 of 57635/31/14 at 5:29am
To me, the LCD-X are more balanced sounding, whereas the LCD-3 are more refined and concerned with details. The bass on the LCD-X is quite solid sounding and very, very punchy and tight, I think the LCD-3 are more suitable for Jazz, classical and acoustic music.
Quote:post #3188 of 57635/31/14 at 1:42pmpost #3189 of 57635/31/14 at 4:22pmpost #3190 of 57636/1/14 at 12:54ampost #3191 of 57636/1/14 at 2:00am
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.post #3192 of 57636/1/14 at 2:20amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.
I think this also depends on the song. Try some songs from albums like The Very Best of Smooth Jazz :)post #3193 of 57636/1/14 at 11:05pmpost #3194 of 57636/2/14 at 9:46amQuote:
You know Brian of BTG Sold me a custom built Audeze cable for around $160, you may want to check with him, he's a fairly inexpensive and high quality Cable outfit
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 41 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 42 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for listening to jazz vocalists?? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3