- 523 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 50565/24/14 at 7:22amWhy not order straight from Audeze?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 50565/24/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
Not that it means anything but I went to 4 different on-line retailers and every one was out of stock on the LCD2. Not sure what that means but it seems a bit odd. They had the other models but not this one. Either they are selling like never before or Audeze is concentrating their manufacturing on the higher priced models over this one. I got one coming but it is going to be a while before I get it, week to ten days is what they told me when I ordered. I sure hope I like it after all the trouble I had to go through to get one.
You missed some then i have all 4 lcd-2 models in stock
Edited by justin w. - 5/24/14 at 9:48ampost #3183 of 50565/24/14 at 10:20ampost #3184 of 50565/25/14 at 11:26pm
Ive owned my LCD 2 for about a year now-all i have to say is what a wonderful listening experience- since then i've seriously beefed up my system by adding a moon audio silver dragon V3 cable and rolled EAT ECC 88 cool valves into my schiit LYR and Uber bifrost USB DAC and its quite the experience. The icing on the cake is my buttkicker advance tactile transducer.
I appreciate how life like the mids are and how the bass goes all the way down and stays tight and how clear all the frequencies are represented to the ear. With my current set up- I can easily say is well exceeds the LCD 3.post #3185 of 50565/27/14 at 6:21pmQuote:Quote:
And believe or not the same case repeated !
They charge me the shipping fee in the invoice, they just don't pay any attention at all on my RMA.
Just FYI though not making any ruckus before wait AGAIN for their explanation. Totally sucks.post #3186 of 50565/29/14 at 12:32amQuote:
First time I connected the LCD2 into my reference balanced dac and amp in over two years was last night...the first thing that popped into my mind was the snare drum. Same thing happened the first time I connected them balanced...that snare, what a snare.Quote:
I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way. How so?post #3187 of 50565/31/14 at 5:29am
To me, the LCD-X are more balanced sounding, whereas the LCD-3 are more refined and concerned with details. The bass on the LCD-X is quite solid sounding and very, very punchy and tight, I think the LCD-3 are more suitable for Jazz, classical and acoustic music.
Quote:post #3188 of 50565/31/14 at 1:42pmpost #3189 of 50565/31/14 at 4:22pmpost #3190 of 50566/1/14 at 12:54ampost #3191 of 50566/1/14 at 2:00am
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.post #3192 of 50566/1/14 at 2:20amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.
I think this also depends on the song. Try some songs from albums like The Very Best of Smooth Jazz :)post #3193 of 50566/1/14 at 11:05pmpost #3194 of 50566/2/14 at 9:46amQuote:
You know Brian of BTG Sold me a custom built Audeze cable for around $160, you may want to check with him, he's a fairly inexpensive and high quality Cable outfit
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 7 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 6 minutes ago
- › PS Audio Dectet ? 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 8 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)