- 524 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 85905/24/14 at 7:22amWhy not order straight from Audeze?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 85905/24/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
Not that it means anything but I went to 4 different on-line retailers and every one was out of stock on the LCD2. Not sure what that means but it seems a bit odd. They had the other models but not this one. Either they are selling like never before or Audeze is concentrating their manufacturing on the higher priced models over this one. I got one coming but it is going to be a while before I get it, week to ten days is what they told me when I ordered. I sure hope I like it after all the trouble I had to go through to get one.
You missed some then i have all 4 lcd-2 models in stock
Edited by justin w. - 5/24/14 at 9:48ampost #3183 of 85905/24/14 at 10:20ampost #3184 of 85905/25/14 at 11:26pm
Ive owned my LCD 2 for about a year now-all i have to say is what a wonderful listening experience- since then i've seriously beefed up my system by adding a moon audio silver dragon V3 cable and rolled EAT ECC 88 cool valves into my schiit LYR and Uber bifrost USB DAC and its quite the experience. The icing on the cake is my buttkicker advance tactile transducer.
I appreciate how life like the mids are and how the bass goes all the way down and stays tight and how clear all the frequencies are represented to the ear. With my current set up- I can easily say is well exceeds the LCD 3.post #3185 of 85905/27/14 at 6:21pmQuote:Quote:
And believe or not the same case repeated !
They charge me the shipping fee in the invoice, they just don't pay any attention at all on my RMA.
Just FYI though not making any ruckus before wait AGAIN for their explanation. Totally sucks.post #3186 of 85905/29/14 at 12:32amQuote:
First time I connected the LCD2 into my reference balanced dac and amp in over two years was last night...the first thing that popped into my mind was the snare drum. Same thing happened the first time I connected them balanced...that snare, what a snare.Quote:
I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way. How so?post #3187 of 85905/31/14 at 5:29am
To me, the LCD-X are more balanced sounding, whereas the LCD-3 are more refined and concerned with details. The bass on the LCD-X is quite solid sounding and very, very punchy and tight, I think the LCD-3 are more suitable for Jazz, classical and acoustic music.
Quote:post #3188 of 85905/31/14 at 1:42pmpost #3189 of 85905/31/14 at 4:22pmpost #3190 of 85906/1/14 at 12:54ampost #3191 of 85906/1/14 at 2:00am
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.post #3192 of 85906/1/14 at 2:20amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.
I think this also depends on the song. Try some songs from albums like The Very Best of Smooth Jazz :)post #3193 of 85906/1/14 at 11:05pmpost #3194 of 85906/2/14 at 9:46amQuote:
You know Brian of BTG Sold me a custom built Audeze cable for around $160, you may want to check with him, he's a fairly inexpensive and high quality Cable outfit
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › [FS] AKG K7xx 2 minutes ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...