- 524 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 91135/24/14 at 7:22amWhy not order straight from Audeze?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 91135/24/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
Not that it means anything but I went to 4 different on-line retailers and every one was out of stock on the LCD2. Not sure what that means but it seems a bit odd. They had the other models but not this one. Either they are selling like never before or Audeze is concentrating their manufacturing on the higher priced models over this one. I got one coming but it is going to be a while before I get it, week to ten days is what they told me when I ordered. I sure hope I like it after all the trouble I had to go through to get one.
You missed some then i have all 4 lcd-2 models in stock
Edited by justin w. - 5/24/14 at 9:48ampost #3183 of 91135/24/14 at 10:20ampost #3184 of 91135/25/14 at 11:26pm
Ive owned my LCD 2 for about a year now-all i have to say is what a wonderful listening experience- since then i've seriously beefed up my system by adding a moon audio silver dragon V3 cable and rolled EAT ECC 88 cool valves into my schiit LYR and Uber bifrost USB DAC and its quite the experience. The icing on the cake is my buttkicker advance tactile transducer.
I appreciate how life like the mids are and how the bass goes all the way down and stays tight and how clear all the frequencies are represented to the ear. With my current set up- I can easily say is well exceeds the LCD 3.post #3185 of 91135/27/14 at 6:21pmQuote:Quote:
And believe or not the same case repeated !
They charge me the shipping fee in the invoice, they just don't pay any attention at all on my RMA.
Just FYI though not making any ruckus before wait AGAIN for their explanation. Totally sucks.post #3186 of 91135/29/14 at 12:32amQuote:
First time I connected the LCD2 into my reference balanced dac and amp in over two years was last night...the first thing that popped into my mind was the snare drum. Same thing happened the first time I connected them balanced...that snare, what a snare.Quote:
I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way. How so?post #3187 of 91135/31/14 at 5:29am
To me, the LCD-X are more balanced sounding, whereas the LCD-3 are more refined and concerned with details. The bass on the LCD-X is quite solid sounding and very, very punchy and tight, I think the LCD-3 are more suitable for Jazz, classical and acoustic music.
Quote:post #3188 of 91135/31/14 at 1:42pmpost #3189 of 91135/31/14 at 4:22pmpost #3190 of 91136/1/14 at 12:54ampost #3191 of 91136/1/14 at 2:00am
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.post #3192 of 91136/1/14 at 2:20amQuote:Originally Posted by HPiper
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.
I think this also depends on the song. Try some songs from albums like The Very Best of Smooth Jazz :)post #3193 of 91136/1/14 at 11:05pmpost #3194 of 91136/2/14 at 9:46amQuote:
You know Brian of BTG Sold me a custom built Audeze cable for around $160, you may want to check with him, he's a fairly inexpensive and high quality Cable outfit
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Opus OPUS #11 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › CHEAP. BIG SOUND STAGE. COMFORTABLE. kind of BIG. CLOSED BACK. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...