or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 204

post #3046 of 9847

Thanks Tom and Matt,

 

 

Can I know,

 

What difference does Rosewood and bamboo versions make? Physically and sonically?

 

 

Actually There is just 200$ Difference between Audeze and HD800's for me. Im up for HD800's but only stopped because I dont have Hi end Tube amps. Doesnt HD800 sound Harsh with O2/ODAC?

post #3047 of 9847

Bamboo is lighter but I think rosewood looks better. Not sure about sonic effects, if any. For the HD 800 you should probably get a better amp from what I've read. Also from what I've read they are not very forgiving and also fatiguing so maybe not the best for casual listening. I don't have any personal experience with it however.

post #3048 of 9847

I don't really know why people are comparing LCD2 and HD800 they sound really different and each has its own pros and cons,

 

lcd got the bass while hd 800 have better highs and sound stage,

 

lcd2 is quite a bit more heavy and less comfortable than hd800,but its not like its uncomfortable its just compared to hd800.

 

classical hd800 hands down, to wow people hd800,

 

but for movies and regular top 100 songs and a less tiring sound get lcd2. 

post #3049 of 9847

also lcd2 will make ur face :P get quite hot if the temperature is really high. 

post #3050 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkawaiiO View Post
 

I don't really know why people are comparing LCD2 and HD800 they sound really different and each has its own pros and cons,

 

lcd got the bass while hd 800 have better highs and sound stage,

 

lcd2 is quite a bit more heavy and less comfortable than hd800,but its not like its uncomfortable its just compared to hd800.

 

classical hd800 hands down, to wow people hd800,

 

but for movies and regular top 100 songs and a less tiring sound get lcd2. 

Coz the guy from India asked our opinion on these two headphones. :normal_smile :

post #3051 of 9847

i didn't mean this post i meant like while ago everyone was trying to say hd800 was better or lcd 2 was better, I just think they are 2 really different headphones and serves different different purposes

 

my bad for the bad english 

post #3052 of 9847

O2/ODAC + no harsh highs? Avoid the HD800 then, but the LCD2's comfort is not great and it's not ideal for classical either.  I have both and enjoy them greatly but perhaps you should consider a T1 or HE560 instead... (or just enjoy your HD600s)

 

Drew

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post

 

I have O2/ODAC and cannot upgrade any higher.

 

 

I cannot tolerate Harsh Highs... Highs generally as high as HD600's are okay for me [Loved  them, their euphonic sound, just everything about them.]

 

Thanks :)

post #3053 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkawaiiO View Post
 

i didn't mean this post i meant like while ago everyone was trying to say hd800 was better or lcd 2 was better, I just think they are 2 really different headphones and serves different different purposes

 

my bad for the bad english 

I think it's because they are both considered amongst the best headphones available and also the price is similar (at least in Europe, I guess in the US the LCD 2 might be noticeably cheaper). 


Edited by PTom - 5/10/14 at 3:05pm
post #3054 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkawaiiO View Post
 

i didn't mean this post i meant like while ago everyone was trying to say hd800 was better or lcd 2 was better, I just think they are 2 really different headphones and serves different different purposes

 

my bad for the bad english 

Oh absolutely :) Very different they are. I personally think they make perfect companions. Just wish I could afford to keep them both.. 

post #3055 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

Coz the guy from India asked our opinion on these two headphones. :normal_smile :

haha...made me laugh. You get a nickle. 

post #3056 of 9847

Audeze = overpriced and too heavy... just stupid to invest in those these day

 

audeze customers are being duped.. resale value will be half price eventually

 

audeze could try to take the market by storm if the lcd-x would be at 1000-1200 and lcd2 should be 700

 

instead.. they decide to keep a premium product for gulible customers..

 

we are not in 2009 anymore..

 

Even if people don't admit it.. everybody knows this is true.

 

personnally i hope oppo and hifiman destroy them


Edited by Audiolic - 5/10/14 at 4:36pm
post #3057 of 9847

I would agree with him, with hifiman 560 and oppo pm2? comming out right now its best to wait until more people try these headphones and then purchase. From what i heard from other people the he560 is as good if not better than lcd2.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiolic View Post
 

Audeze = overpriced and too heavy... just stupid to invest in those these day

 

audeze customers are being duped.. resale value will be half price eventually

 

audeze could try to take the market by storm if the lcd-x would be at 1000-1200 and lcd2 should be 700

 

instead.. they decide to keep a premium product for gulible customers..

 

we are not in 2009 anymore..

 

Even if people don't admit it.. everybody knows this is true.

 

personnally i hope oppo and hifiman destroy them

post #3058 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiolic View Post
 

Audeze = overpriced and too heavy... just stupid to invest in those these day

 

audeze customers are being duped.. resale value will be half price eventually

Invest? Huh? Some of us simply purchased them because we liked how they sounded. While I agree with some of the sentiment in your post (the tone of of the post is hilarious by the way), you're making an assumption that isn't entirely true - most of us aren't purchasing these as investments. The simple reality is that most used items depreciate. Monetary appreciation would be the exception to the rule. 

post #3059 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiolic View Post
 

Audeze = overpriced and too heavy... just stupid to invest in those these day

 

audeze customers are being duped.. resale value will be half price eventually

 

audeze could try to take the market by storm if the lcd-x would be at 1000-1200 and lcd2 should be 700

 

instead.. they decide to keep a premium product for gulible customers..

 

we are not in 2009 anymore..

 

Even if people don't admit it.. everybody knows this is true.

 

personnally i hope oppo and hifiman destroy them

 

Uh.. This just seems like unnecessary trolling.

 

Please, no one respond to this person, trolls shouldn't be fed.

post #3060 of 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelT View Post
 

Invest? Huh? Some of us simply purchased them because we liked how they sounded. While I agree with some of the sentiment in your post (the tone of of the post is hilarious by the way), you're making an assumption that isn't entirely true - most of us aren't purchasing these as investments. The simple reality is that most used items depreciate. Monetary appreciation would be the exception to the rule. 

 

..the phrase that you're looking for is..big boys' toys =)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread