- 1,589 Posts. Joined 7/2009
- Location: Savannah, GA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 198post #2956 of 48304/9/14 at 7:43pmOddly enough, I got mine in November 2013 and got a converter cable and pelican case.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2957 of 48304/10/14 at 7:22am
This is the adapter my pair of headphones came with last week.
About the headphones: I just love em. I auditioned the Rev 2 about a month back and I can't really say the new one is brighter. Maybe it's just me, but it's definitely not night and day.
I use it with a Schiit Lyr and I'm thinking about upgrading my source. I'm currently using it via the Logitech Squeezebox Touch without DAC... I know I know, not very audiophile. But I think I'll get the Bifrost and a different source soon.
What are you guys using as a source? Any recommendation would be great!
Edited by Cavcalade - 4/10/14 at 7:23ampost #2958 of 48304/10/14 at 10:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Taowolf51
I had some spare wood left over from building acoustic treatments, so I slapped together a headphone stand for my LCD-2's. I'll probably build a better quality one later (and a smaller one for my D7000's).
Also, that ugly white thing is a prototype suspension headband I made out of a tube sock. It makes the headphones far far more comfortable than stock but looks a bit crappy at the moment, I'll be making a good looking version out of leather one of these days.
I would like to see the final version of the suspention headband, clever idea.
Edited by logam - 4/10/14 at 10:11ampost #2959 of 48304/11/14 at 12:42pm
Will do. I'm still mulling over the design. I'm trying to figure out how to make it adjustable without modifying the LCD-2's in any way.
Also, I just got some working tubes for my Quickie (RT 3S4 tubes) and sticking this between my XDA-2 and XPA-200 feeding the LCD-2's is blowing me away. I think I've finally found a setup as involving as the LCD-X WA6-SE combo I heard back at the Philly meet! These tubes seem to be a lot more colored than the stock tubes but are just awesome. Fast and smooth, slight bass emphasis and NO fatigue even with my DSP corrections that make it more balanced.
Oh god this is amazing.post #2960 of 48304/15/14 at 12:40pmpost #2961 of 48304/15/14 at 12:57pm
As a believer in cable upgrades - I can honestly tell you Audeze stock cable is a simple non-isolated cable. The copper strands do only have plastic/PVC shielding. That's all... A more quality design cable (Norse/ALO/Entreq/Canare etc.) brings more micro-detail.
Ofcourse it's all about budget, but I think it's a good investment for long term... And every cable has it's own soundcharacteristic. It's what you like best - and also what's best match in your system. I do like Entreq Konstantin 2010 with my LCD-2. This cable gave me biggest level of detail in comparison with other brands of cables... But my hearing and preferencesd are different as yours. There's no universal thruth :-) Hope my answer will help a bit in your quest...
Edited by PAM005 - 4/15/14 at 12:59pmpost #2962 of 48304/15/14 at 3:06pm
Thanks for the reply. At what price point do you think custom cables for the LCD 2 start to outperform the stock cable? For example, say the best quality cable at $50 for the LCD2 performs similar to the stock cable and therefore would not be worth buying but maybe, for example, say the best quality $200 cable has a noticeable improvement in SQ vs stock and therefore represents the minimum investment in a cable to be worthwhile.post #2963 of 48304/15/14 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by PTom
Thanks for the reply. At what price point do you think custom cables for the LCD 2 start to outperform the stock cable? For example, say the best quality cable at $50 for the LCD2 performs similar to the stock cable and therefore would not be worth buying but maybe, for example, say the best quality $200 cable has a noticeable improvement in SQ vs stock and therefore represents the minimum investment in a cable to be worthwhile.
Well the stock cable from Audeze is 80.00. Don't think you can upgrade for 50.00 . Anyway after much research I ordered the Audiophile cable for Audeze from Charleston Cable company.
It is 235.00 for five foot with no sleeve and 1/4 " termination. It is shipping now so I don't have a opinion on it yet. I was looking for a cable that could enhance detail possibly but not change sound signature in any way, especially higher frequencies.post #2964 of 48304/15/14 at 8:36pm
Shultzee is right, you can't hardly upgrade for a price below USD 80,= Think of a reasonable interconnect with standard length of 80cm. For your headphone you need about 3-times this length. So pricing is in this region. Ofcourse deduct 2-times costs of RCA connectors ;-) I think starting USD 200,= is a good indication. But it's not always about pricing! It's mainly material and construction that counts...post #2965 of 48304/15/14 at 9:10pmpost #2966 of 48304/15/14 at 9:54pmpost #2967 of 48304/16/14 at 4:16am
Finally I pulled the trigger in the new Violectric V281 and just preorderer one, cant wait to pair it with the 2.2s!! Expected arrival in June.
Just had a few mails with Fried from Lake People and he assured me that it will deliver lots of power!! A better version of the already brilliant Violectric V200 with balanced output must be an astonishing product.post #2968 of 48304/16/14 at 5:16amQuote:
I've upgraded my stock LCD-2 cable a few weeks back. After much "internet fact finding", I went fro the Entreq Konstantin 2012 cable.
For me this turned out to be an awesome upgrade. Soundstage improved, more controlled base and better highs, without getting trying (and it looks really nice as well ). I'm very happy with my Entreq cable.
Of course there are many more cables out there and it all comes down to budget. One other cable to check out would be Forza Audio Works, I've ordered a Color Cable for my HE-400 and that also works real well, great build quality and top-notch customer service. I've also read good reviews about their Noire mkII cable.post #2969 of 48304/16/14 at 2:31pmQuote:
I had a similar experience with the Moon Audio Silver Dragon. In addition to the mentioned traits, imaging was also improved. With the stock cable, my LCD-2 was slightly hazy in terms of imaging placement. With the Silver Dragon it became pinpoint specific with more well defined layers. I know some folks claim cable upgrades are a load of rubbish, but I also found the difference to be quite noticeable.post #2970 of 48304/16/14 at 2:40pm
Some interesting comments about cables. I'm thinking of upgrading my setup gradually. What would be the best order to upgrade (I currently have the O2/ODAC combo). Maybe something like:
Or cables first maybe?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › any amp/dac combo that beats Yulong U100 for 110$? 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA LP (69$) vs LP2 (199$) is it worth the 130 more? 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 1 minute ago
- › DJ looking for better home sound. 1 minute ago
- › FS: PSB Synchrony 1 One Like New - Cherry Finish - PRICE REDUCED 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Aurix 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help with choosing a pair of headphones. Have more information... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)