- 2,155 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Just outside Goneburg
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I just bought this headphone this week. In the stores, I tested the headphone selections using Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos version and Spotify's Extreme Quality. MDR-1A was the best during my test in...
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 193post #2881 of 92444/3/14 at 5:19pm^ good points. Not sure of the effect of the fazor tech - presumably slight as I don't think the diaphragms or traces (I.e. electrical subsystem) is altered but of course idk!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2882 of 92444/3/14 at 5:27pmpost #2883 of 92444/3/14 at 6:24pm
I'm planning out my purchase and I'm just wondering, are there are benefits limited to either bamboo or rosewood? or does it just come down to personal preference of the aesthetics of the headphones?post #2884 of 92444/3/14 at 6:38pmpost #2885 of 92444/3/14 at 7:11pmpost #2886 of 92444/3/14 at 7:46pmpost #2887 of 92444/3/14 at 8:41pmQuote:
Aesthetics and weight. The rosewoods are purty though. :) Matter of taste really.post #2888 of 92444/3/14 at 11:05pmpost #2889 of 92444/3/14 at 11:38pmQuote:
This was my thinking too.post #2890 of 92444/4/14 at 3:44am
So I've burned in a little bit over 120 hours on my LCD 2s (rev 3? with fazor) and here are some of my impressions so far. Note that I am pairing the headphones with the ALO Pan Am amp with the Siemens and the Voshkok(?) tubes.
My first thought when listening to some songs through the headphones was that it did not sound very dark or warm at all. It felt almost bright but not harsh with the first few sessions I had with it. The bass definitely felt like it was lacking something and it left me wanting more umph in my music. I was quite disappointed with the results that I received and seriously questioned my purchase. There was no doubt that these headphones were pretty revealing as most high-end headphones are. I could hear a lot more detail in the music that I was listening to. It was good, but it wasn't great.
I let my tubes and my headphones burn in and now with about 120+ hours on them they are starting to sound a lot better. The detail is still there but everything is becoming a lot more smooth and liquid. I cannot really back up my feelings about this with any "evidence" per se but this is just what my ears are telling me. While at first the bass felt weak and almost too tight, now the bass seemed to have expanded while still being controlled. It is a very full sounding bass. From my observations it seemed like most of the songs in which I heard heavy bass were just a coloration from my previous headphones rather than from the recording itself. The LCD 2s revealed this to me and I was surprised and impressed. Furthermore, songs that were meant to have a lot of bass and have an impact on my ears did just that with these headphones. Listening to Macklemore's Thrift shop, the bass just pounded my ears, in a good way. The bass was very controlled and was very detailed. Listening to Madonna's Like a Virgin, each beat of the bass drum really felt like a pedal was put to the drum. It sounded very good. I am saying a lot about the bass right now because to me, this was the area in which I was disappointed when first listening to my LCD 2s.
Moving onto the mids, the LCD 2s definitely have a very smooth sounding mid range. During my first few listening sessions, the mids sounded very hard and impenetrable. It just felt like a wall was being pushing into my ears and it just sounded very rough. Now with the headphones and the amp somewhat burned in, the sound has been rounded out and is sounding very smooth. Vocals and instruments just seem envelop my ears and my mind as I listen to the songs of Elton John and Norah Jones. The music just flows into my ears and it just sounds so natural its quite unbelievable.
The highs were something that sounded somewhat bright and sharp when I first got the headphones. Now everything sounds smoothed out and very relaxed. The detail is still there and the articulation of the headphones is still present but everything just sounds much more relaxed. There's really no reference I can mention but just in general from the songs that I've listened to the treble has been very relaxed and pleasant to listen to.
I cannot compare the sound of my particular pair to any other headphones or previous revisions as I have not had that opportunity. I really do love a warm and dark sound but I do love my LCD 2s nonetheless. I do not feel that it is bright at all, although I do not feel like it is as warm or dark as others have mentioned of the LCD 2 rev 2s. Since, I have not been able to listen to a pair of rev 2s, I don't find myself wanting anything more from my headphones. Ignorance is bless as the saying goes. I am happy with my headphones.
I have already ordered a Q-audio replacement cable and that should be here within 2 weeks. Hopefully by the end of next week. I also ordered a Moon Audio Blue Dragon USB cable too. I cannot wait to listen to my completed setup. I hope that everyone else comes to enjoy their LCD 2 as much as I do and these are just the thoughts of a broke college student.
Edited by Veetastic - 4/4/14 at 4:35ampost #2891 of 92444/4/14 at 4:05amI felt the same way when I first listened to my LCD-2. where is the bass? And these are way too bright. And I have a rev1. It took about 5-10 hours for me to finally hear and feel the bass, they had about 50 hours on them when I purchased them so I don't think it was a question of burn-in but my ears and brain needed to adjust to the sound. I still don't find them dark at all, in my opinion the treble region is about the same as my RS1. The mids may not be as aggressive as the Grados but that does not make them dark. The fidelio x1 is a much darker headphone.post #2892 of 92444/4/14 at 5:15am
I often find it a struggle to deal with a difference in the frequency response until I've gotten used to the new sound signature. Once i owned a HD600 and DT880 and after spending 50 hours on the HD600 I could not bear the sound of the DT880 treble at all. Once I got used to the DT880 so much I couldn't deal with the warmth of the 600 after 20 hours of non stop DT880 use. Our brains are amazing sometimes. Those tubes also would have helped once worn a bit in.
Just my 2c YMMVpost #2893 of 92444/4/14 at 11:01amI have the pan am + mullard 4010+ passport also and the bass and sub bass are just magic, better than my previous amps
Mine are from dec 2012
A little less than my he 400's but with more textures
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/4/14 at 11:04ampost #2894 of 92444/4/14 at 11:34am
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › New and looking for Budget IEM 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...