- 1,897 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Just outside Goneburg
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 193post #2881 of 63884/3/14 at 5:19pm^ good points. Not sure of the effect of the fazor tech - presumably slight as I don't think the diaphragms or traces (I.e. electrical subsystem) is altered but of course idk!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2882 of 63884/3/14 at 5:27pmpost #2883 of 63884/3/14 at 6:24pmpost #2884 of 63884/3/14 at 6:38pmpost #2885 of 63884/3/14 at 7:11pmpost #2886 of 63884/3/14 at 7:46pmpost #2887 of 63884/3/14 at 8:41pmQuote:
Aesthetics and weight. The rosewoods are purty though. :) Matter of taste really.post #2888 of 63884/3/14 at 11:05pmpost #2889 of 63884/3/14 at 11:38pmQuote:
This was my thinking too.post #2890 of 63884/4/14 at 3:44am
So I've burned in a little bit over 120 hours on my LCD 2s (rev 3? with fazor) and here are some of my impressions so far. Note that I am pairing the headphones with the ALO Pan Am amp with the Siemens and the Voshkok(?) tubes.
My first thought when listening to some songs through the headphones was that it did not sound very dark or warm at all. It felt almost bright but not harsh with the first few sessions I had with it. The bass definitely felt like it was lacking something and it left me wanting more umph in my music. I was quite disappointed with the results that I received and seriously questioned my purchase. There was no doubt that these headphones were pretty revealing as most high-end headphones are. I could hear a lot more detail in the music that I was listening to. It was good, but it wasn't great.
I let my tubes and my headphones burn in and now with about 120+ hours on them they are starting to sound a lot better. The detail is still there but everything is becoming a lot more smooth and liquid. I cannot really back up my feelings about this with any "evidence" per se but this is just what my ears are telling me. While at first the bass felt weak and almost too tight, now the bass seemed to have expanded while still being controlled. It is a very full sounding bass. From my observations it seemed like most of the songs in which I heard heavy bass were just a coloration from my previous headphones rather than from the recording itself. The LCD 2s revealed this to me and I was surprised and impressed. Furthermore, songs that were meant to have a lot of bass and have an impact on my ears did just that with these headphones. Listening to Macklemore's Thrift shop, the bass just pounded my ears, in a good way. The bass was very controlled and was very detailed. Listening to Madonna's Like a Virgin, each beat of the bass drum really felt like a pedal was put to the drum. It sounded very good. I am saying a lot about the bass right now because to me, this was the area in which I was disappointed when first listening to my LCD 2s.
Moving onto the mids, the LCD 2s definitely have a very smooth sounding mid range. During my first few listening sessions, the mids sounded very hard and impenetrable. It just felt like a wall was being pushing into my ears and it just sounded very rough. Now with the headphones and the amp somewhat burned in, the sound has been rounded out and is sounding very smooth. Vocals and instruments just seem envelop my ears and my mind as I listen to the songs of Elton John and Norah Jones. The music just flows into my ears and it just sounds so natural its quite unbelievable.
The highs were something that sounded somewhat bright and sharp when I first got the headphones. Now everything sounds smoothed out and very relaxed. The detail is still there and the articulation of the headphones is still present but everything just sounds much more relaxed. There's really no reference I can mention but just in general from the songs that I've listened to the treble has been very relaxed and pleasant to listen to.
I cannot compare the sound of my particular pair to any other headphones or previous revisions as I have not had that opportunity. I really do love a warm and dark sound but I do love my LCD 2s nonetheless. I do not feel that it is bright at all, although I do not feel like it is as warm or dark as others have mentioned of the LCD 2 rev 2s. Since, I have not been able to listen to a pair of rev 2s, I don't find myself wanting anything more from my headphones. Ignorance is bless as the saying goes. I am happy with my headphones.
I have already ordered a Q-audio replacement cable and that should be here within 2 weeks. Hopefully by the end of next week. I also ordered a Moon Audio Blue Dragon USB cable too. I cannot wait to listen to my completed setup. I hope that everyone else comes to enjoy their LCD 2 as much as I do and these are just the thoughts of a broke college student.
Edited by Veetastic - 4/4/14 at 4:35ampost #2891 of 63884/4/14 at 4:05amI felt the same way when I first listened to my LCD-2. where is the bass? And these are way too bright. And I have a rev1. It took about 5-10 hours for me to finally hear and feel the bass, they had about 50 hours on them when I purchased them so I don't think it was a question of burn-in but my ears and brain needed to adjust to the sound. I still don't find them dark at all, in my opinion the treble region is about the same as my RS1. The mids may not be as aggressive as the Grados but that does not make them dark. The fidelio x1 is a much darker headphone.post #2892 of 63884/4/14 at 5:15am
I often find it a struggle to deal with a difference in the frequency response until I've gotten used to the new sound signature. Once i owned a HD600 and DT880 and after spending 50 hours on the HD600 I could not bear the sound of the DT880 treble at all. Once I got used to the DT880 so much I couldn't deal with the warmth of the 600 after 20 hours of non stop DT880 use. Our brains are amazing sometimes. Those tubes also would have helped once worn a bit in.
Just my 2c YMMVpost #2893 of 63884/4/14 at 11:01amI have the pan am + mullard 4010+ passport also and the bass and sub bass are just magic, better than my previous amps
Mine are from dec 2012
A little less than my he 400's but with more textures
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/4/14 at 11:04ampost #2894 of 63884/4/14 at 11:34am
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 12 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 32 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Which under-$100 USB DAC, from these choices? 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3