Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 191

post #2851 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 


In this post, it mentions Audeze fitting all models with fazors.

 

The replies from Audeze support were confusing. Some said all models had fazor, others said only the X and XC did.

post #2852 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

 

The replies from Audeze support were confusing. Some said all models had fazor, others said only the X and XC did.


I agree--it's been totally confusing, but it looks like fazors in all models now.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/684394/audeze-lcd-x/3690#post_10419638

post #2853 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 


I agree--it's been totally confusing, but it looks like fazors in all models now.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/684394/audeze-lcd-x/3690#post_10419638

Yep, I got this response from Audeze support.

 

"The new LCD-2's do have fazor technology. All LCD-2's created on December 18th, 2013 to the present have the fazor technology."

 

I'm a bit disappointed considering I bought mine about a month before that, but I did get it during that black friday sale, so I got a hell of a deal regardless.

post #2854 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent View Post
 

 

If you like the rev 1 darker sound, do not swap to new ear pads.


Good to know.Thanks,

post #2855 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

Yep, I got this response from Audeze support.

 

"The new LCD-2's do have fazor technology. All LCD-2's created on December 18th, 2013 to the present have the fazor technology."

 

I'm a bit disappointed considering I bought mine about a month before that, but I did get it during that black friday sale, so I got a hell of a deal regardless.

 

My measurement sheet is dated December 17th, 2013. Hmmmm.

post #2856 of 4117

I sent my serial number in and asked, and just received a reply back from Audeze. I did indeed miss out on fazor by one day lol. Oh well. I love how these sound, so no complaints.

post #2857 of 4117

Hmmm funny enough, my LCDs are also just behind the "fazor upgrade" but the graph still looked similar to one that was measured in January 2014 posted earlier here.

post #2858 of 4117

I'm pretty sure that the 532 was the last model without fazor (that's my serial number, on the 17th), all of the serial numbers we've seen from January start with 542. It would be interesting to see a Dec. 18 model to see what the serial number is.

post #2859 of 4117

I'd like to hear someone compare a late model pre-fazor LCD-2 against an LCD-2f.

post #2860 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 

I'd like to hear someone compare a late model pre-fazor LCD-2 against an LCD-2f.

 

 

I believe that's what we're waiting for Tyll to do for us.

post #2861 of 4117

Hopefully he compares the ones just before and after the upgrade, since models from a year or two ago are sonically different from more recent non-fazor LCD-2's.

 

I ended up getting the LCD-2 because I couldn't justify spending the cash for an LCD-X (which is my all time favorite headphone). Anything that makes the LCD-2 more like an LCD-X would be something I want to pay attention to.


Edited by Taowolf51 - 4/2/14 at 2:26pm
post #2862 of 4117

I bought mine in December.. 

 

I'm not sure how I feel about buying a product that was possibly revised a month after I purchased it.

post #2863 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

I bought mine in December.. 

I'm not sure how I feel about buying a product that was possibly revised a month after I purchased it.


From the sounds of it, it's a very subtle change. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
post #2864 of 4117

A "holographic" soundstage seems like a pretty decent upgrade. If it's as good as the LCD-X's soundstage it's a substantial upgrade!

 

EDIT: Actually, to those with a fazor LCD-2, how would you compare the soundstage to other headphones?


Edited by Taowolf51 - 4/2/14 at 5:02pm
post #2865 of 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

I bought mine in December.. 

 

I'm not sure how I feel about buying a product that was possibly revised a month after I purchased it.

To me, the whole appeal of the LCD-2's was the top-tier bass extension and flat response, with a forgiving treble. As some graphs and comments by members indicate, the sub bass may be compromised for treble extension and response. I am hesitant that this latest version of LCD-2's would still match the versions I have auditioned and loved so much. Such a lack of effective communication is disheartening, and has certainly cut back on the level I trust Audeze. Hopefully Tyll's reviews coupled with more clarity from Audeze can ease some of my temper, but right now I'm just disappointed. Behind the scenes revisions are obnoxious to customers.

This anger stems from the fact that the most notable and beloved characteristics of the LCD-2's being super flat response below 1kHz all the way down & a forgiving treble quantity may now not exist so much, I'm not a detail whore and I found the X's (Fazor) to be borderline too transparent.


Edited by jodgey4 - 4/2/14 at 9:38pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread