Spent some time on the phone with Alex yesterday, definitely some interesting information on current builds of LCD-2, X, and 3. Review with info should be up tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 181post #2701 of 105713/21/14 at 7:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 105713/21/14 at 7:57amQuote:
That is fantastic to hear! Thanks Tyll!post #2703 of 105713/21/14 at 8:20ampost #2704 of 105713/21/14 at 8:58amQuote:
Sweet! The receipt on mine is dated Nov. 2013... I'll post the Freq graph when I get the chance... might be till tmrw, won't get home till late tonight.post #2705 of 105713/21/14 at 9:45ampost #2706 of 105713/21/14 at 9:50amI posted this in the other thread as well, mine were measured a week before Christmas. They don't seem to be boosted in the highs as much as some. Which I'm very fine with.post #2707 of 105713/21/14 at 2:34pmQuote:
Really looking forward to this as well. Thanks, Tyll.post #2708 of 105713/21/14 at 2:56pmpost #2709 of 105713/21/14 at 5:58pmTried a pair of the LCD2 again in bamboo. Um. Yeah. That's my next pair. They're not nearly as bass heavy as people say, more like bass full and pleasant. And it loved them this time.post #2710 of 105713/21/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, out of all the high end pairs I've tried, they sounded the most natural and dare I say neutral... perhaps 'dark' but only compared to most flagships - which are usually bright IMHO. I think my younger ears are more sensitive to treble than some of the people on this forum. The bass and mids are so well integrated that talking about them separately is nonsense... dry when called for, detailed, and natural, just like it should be. I almost felt they were more natural sounding than the LCD-3's, even though the sound wasn't as inviting and lush. By far the best audio experience I've had, I've basically decided to get a pair in about 6 weeks or so. Endgame for me for sure!post #2711 of 105713/21/14 at 8:04pmpost #2712 of 105713/21/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
Here's mine... seems mine is a tad brighter with bit more energy from 10-15K =) not to the point of fatiguing though.post #2713 of 105713/22/14 at 12:58ampost #2714 of 105713/22/14 at 12:59am
BTW, these sound wonderful out of a DACPort...I've been using it for a few days now. I must say I'm in love. Beautiful sound, and not overly bright or dark. Pretty much bang on neutral, except for some very slight bass emphasis, but it wouldn't be any more than +1db...it's very flat all the way to about 1.5khz.post #2715 of 105713/22/14 at 2:19am
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 51 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › New Portable Amp - "Pocket Class A" by xrk971 - now available as... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Yet another Little Dot MkVI amp review .... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear