Spent some time on the phone with Alex yesterday, definitely some interesting information on current builds of LCD-2, X, and 3. Review with info should be up tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Many Head-Fiers will be familiar with Brainwavz already as they have a fairly large user group within the community. Brainwavz has a large inventory of quality earphones at reasonable...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 181post #2701 of 96633/21/14 at 7:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 96633/21/14 at 7:57amQuote:
That is fantastic to hear! Thanks Tyll!post #2703 of 96633/21/14 at 8:20ampost #2704 of 96633/21/14 at 8:58amQuote:
Sweet! The receipt on mine is dated Nov. 2013... I'll post the Freq graph when I get the chance... might be till tmrw, won't get home till late tonight.post #2705 of 96633/21/14 at 9:45ampost #2706 of 96633/21/14 at 9:50amI posted this in the other thread as well, mine were measured a week before Christmas. They don't seem to be boosted in the highs as much as some. Which I'm very fine with.post #2707 of 96633/21/14 at 2:34pmQuote:
Really looking forward to this as well. Thanks, Tyll.post #2708 of 96633/21/14 at 2:56pmpost #2709 of 96633/21/14 at 5:58pmTried a pair of the LCD2 again in bamboo. Um. Yeah. That's my next pair. They're not nearly as bass heavy as people say, more like bass full and pleasant. And it loved them this time.post #2710 of 96633/21/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, out of all the high end pairs I've tried, they sounded the most natural and dare I say neutral... perhaps 'dark' but only compared to most flagships - which are usually bright IMHO. I think my younger ears are more sensitive to treble than some of the people on this forum. The bass and mids are so well integrated that talking about them separately is nonsense... dry when called for, detailed, and natural, just like it should be. I almost felt they were more natural sounding than the LCD-3's, even though the sound wasn't as inviting and lush. By far the best audio experience I've had, I've basically decided to get a pair in about 6 weeks or so. Endgame for me for sure!post #2711 of 96633/21/14 at 8:04pmpost #2712 of 96633/21/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
Here's mine... seems mine is a tad brighter with bit more energy from 10-15K =) not to the point of fatiguing though.post #2713 of 96633/22/14 at 12:58ampost #2714 of 96633/22/14 at 12:59am
BTW, these sound wonderful out of a DACPort...I've been using it for a few days now. I must say I'm in love. Beautiful sound, and not overly bright or dark. Pretty much bang on neutral, except for some very slight bass emphasis, but it wouldn't be any more than +1db...it's very flat all the way to about 1.5khz.post #2715 of 96633/22/14 at 2:19am
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › The Zishan dsd's corner just now
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser IE80 - Westone W50 or UM50 1 second ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 43 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by crabdog
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear