or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 177

post #2641 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post
 

Great photos, Gerzom! I am really leaning towards the LCD 2's....they really look fantastic.

 

...........and what's more amazing, they sound awesome as well.

All kidding aside, I love these headphones and with this amp they really become even more alive than before (Asgard 2)

 

I can only recommend them !

post #2642 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerzom View Post
 

 

...........and what's more amazing, they sound awesome as well.

All kidding aside, I love these headphones and with this amp they really become even more alive than before (Asgard 2)

 

I can only recommend them !

 

 

It's either going to be the LCD2's, or the new Hifiman HE-560, But I do like American made products very much, and it also seems that most of the kinks have been ironed out of the LCD's at this point. I also like the case that the LCD's come with, and the mini XLR connectors as opposed to the SMC on the Hifiman.

 

Does the bamboo look as dark in person as it does in your photo? (those are the bamboo model, correct?)

post #2643 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post
 

 

 

It's either going to be the LCD2's, or the new Hifiman HE-560, But I do like American made products very much, and it also seems that most of the kinks have been ironed out of the LCD's at this point. I also like the case that the LCD's come with, and the mini XLR connectors as opposed to the SMC on the Hifiman.

 

Does the bamboo look as dark in person as it does in your photo? (those are the bamboo model, correct?)

I never heard the HE-560, just the HE-500's when I was auditioning new headphones, but for me (and this is real personal) the sound of the Audeze's was much more "relaxed and laid-back" and that is very similar to the sound of my speaker system (Electrocompaniet and Sonus Faber) so for me the choise was real easy. Next to the above mentioned head phones I also listned to the HE-300 (I bought that one for my office)  and Grado GS-1000i. For me it was clear after first few notes on the Audeze's, love at first hear?!

 

Next to that, they do look gorgeous 

 

Color in the pictures is about right, maybe a little lighter in real life, but not much.

post #2644 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerzom View Post
 

I never heard the HE-560, just the HE-500's when I was auditioning new headphones, but for me (and this is real personal) the sound of the Audeze's was much more "relaxed and laid-back" and that is very similar to the sound of my speaker system (Electrocompaniet and Sonus Faber) so for me the choise was real easy. Next to the above mentioned head phones I also listned to the HE-300 (I bought that one for my office)  and Grado GS-1000i. For me it was clear after first few notes on the Audeze's, love at first hear?!

 

Next to that, they do look gorgeous 

 

Color in the pictures is about right, maybe a little lighter in real life, but not much.

 

The HE-560 aren't out for about another month, so I'd be a little worried about issues with the first batch etc.

 

I'm 90% decided on the LCD-2's.

post #2645 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post
 

 

The HE-560 aren't out for about another month, so I'd be a little worried about issues with the first batch etc.

 

I'm 90% decided on the LCD-2's.

Only way to know for sure is to listen to both of them, I guess.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to listen to both Audeze and Hifiman is one sitting, so I could clearly determine the differences between them.

 

Good luck!!

post #2646 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerzom View Post
 

As of today, my LCD 2.2's are powered by Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir.

Just received my Mjolnir today and my first impressions are really good. Before this I used an Asgard 2, but this is a different league.

Next stop, saving for cables, problem is I need 14-15 ft. to get to my listening position.

 

All in all, I'm heading for a great weekend!

 

 

 

My current set-up:

 

Sexy!

 

Quick question.  Those Sonus Fabers - are they sitting on top of a stand or are those bass drivers at the bottom?  If they are two way monitors - with the real estate you have deidicated, why not go full range for a better frequency balance from top to bottom?  I am curious is all.

post #2647 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

 

Sexy!

 

Quick question.  Those Sonus Fabers - are they sitting on top of a stand or are those bass drivers at the bottom?  If they are two way monitors - with the real estate you have deidicated, why not go full range for a better frequency balance from top to bottom?  I am curious is all.

Thanks!

 

These are Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento's, two way monitors and those are the dedicated stands for this speaker (basically they are designed as a whole)

I have had floor standers before these (SF Concerto Domus) and was going to upgrade them to SF Cremona M's but hen the shop I audioned them also had these Guarneri's for sale and the blew the Cremona's away on all fronts, including bass. Besides that I'm not that much of a base head, and voices sound simple stunning on my Guarneri's, hence my choise for the monitor speakers.

BTW I've had many people that came to listen to my set that started looking for a sub-woofer (which I don't have......)

post #2648 of 10392

Cool.  Always wondering about speakers as I would love to own hi-end ones one day.  Cheers.

post #2649 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

Cool.  Always wondering about speakers as I would love to own hi-end ones one day.  Cheers.

 

Well Sonus Faber is a bit like Audeze in my opinion, the both sound amazing and look great as well.

 

post #2650 of 10392

I looked them up and their frequency response looks great.  I could never make my Tannoys sound like LCD2 without an EQ to match the B&K house curve.


Edited by SP Wild - 3/7/14 at 9:01am
post #2651 of 10392

Speaking of B&K, I found the latest CSD measurements made using the best HATS (Head and Torso Simulator) system for the LCD3:

 

 

LCD2:

 

 

The Golden Child:

 

 

What is immediately obvious to me by those graphs is the incredible stability of sound in the LCD3 at < 1Khz - amazing! Never seen anything like it. 

 

Hey, who needs a ludicrously expensive B&K HATS system in the diagnosis of NVH?

 

 

I'm unemployed and can do a much better job - for a fraction of the cost!  :wink_face:

post #2652 of 10392
For anyone interested, I just (using my hands) bent the headband of my LCD2 into a more comfortable position. Took less than thirty seconds, huge difference.
post #2653 of 10392
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

For anyone interested, I just (using my hands) bent the headband of my LCD2 into a more comfortable position. Took less than thirty seconds, huge difference.

 

How did you change the shape of the headband?

post #2654 of 10392

Just by starting at one side, bracing the headband with my fingers, and pushing out with my thumbs to flatten it. Then working my way all the way over to the next ear.

 

Easy to do, hard to explain - happy to upload some photos if you would like!

post #2655 of 10392

Just get some weights and hold each end down with the band upside down. (That rhymes).

 

Done.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread