Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 172

post #2566 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Have you tried any other amp's?

Do you mean amps?
post #2567 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by voteforpedro View Post


Do you mean amps?

 

Yes amps amplifier. MOAR POWAH. Problem? Come at me!

post #2568 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

 

Why don't you get your wife to polish your "wood"? I'm sure it will be sexually satisfying. For both you and your LCD2's.


 Ha! LOLZ.

post #2569 of 4121

Just messing with you. Amps is plural, not possessive (amps versus amp's). Sorry, just a good old fashioned guy who sees bad spelling and grammar online.

post #2570 of 4121
WA3....not enough power but pleasing at low levels. Other than that, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Have you tried any other amp's?
post #2571 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by voteforpedro View Post
 

Just messing with you. Amps is plural, not possessive (amps versus amp's). Sorry, just a good old fashioned guy who sees bad spelling and grammar online.

I know, broken english is a trait of mine when I post online on forums. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingThud View Post

WA3....not enough power but pleasing at low levels. Other than that, no.

WA3 not enough powah for the LCD2's, need MOAR powah. WA3 isn't suited for driving low z headphones anyway. I remember trying some portable's on it (32 and 80ohms) and it sounded like crap. Massive cut off in the bass region probably due to the low farad rating of the caps in the output stage.

post #2572 of 4121
post #2573 of 4121
^ I see you have polished the wood recently.  The force is strong on this one.
post #2574 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingThud View Post

 

Woah.

post #2575 of 4121

Finally finished my Bottlehead Quickie, now running XDA-2 > Quickie > XPA-200 > LCD-2's. I'll update with impressions as soon as I've had more time to test!

post #2576 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingThud View Post


Is this the result of polish? Or was there other treatment involved?

My LCDs came with a "wood care kit" - hah!
post #2577 of 4121
The overhead lighting may be exaggerating the shine a little, but that's pretty much fresh out of the box from HeadRoom (who was excellent to deal with). smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Is this the result of polish? Or was there other treatment involved?

My LCDs came with a "wood care kit" - hah!
post #2578 of 4121
I think I might want a set of these. I have nowhere to audition them where I live. It seems like they may be a good compliment to have alongside my PS500's?
post #2579 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post

I think I might want a set of these. I have nowhere to audition them where I live. It seems like they may be a good compliment to have alongside my PS500's?

Absolutely. Alpha and omega. What kind of amplification do you currently run?
post #2580 of 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Absolutely. Alpha and omega. What kind of amplification do you currently run?

I have a Schiit Asgard 2 right now, and a Vali on the way. I would probably get a Lyr for the LCD's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread