LCD XXX you mean
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 88132/22/14 at 2:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 88132/22/14 at 2:31am
Stop giving him ideas. I guess a suitable title for the film would be something along the lines "The Wife and Wood featuring star act TotonJOK and the irrestible wood lube polish".
LOL sorry I've got half a bottle of cognac in me.post #2553 of 88132/22/14 at 4:00ampost #2554 of 88132/22/14 at 5:00ampost #2555 of 88132/22/14 at 9:33am
i pop by to say ...
LCD2 is the only can i fell in love with from day 1...when it was plugged into my setup.
Every occasion its on duty, i LOVE that intoxicating sound. Rubs me the right way..
I didnt bother with the newer offerings from Audenz.post #2556 of 88132/22/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by bpengQuote:
I hear it the most on the Hifiman EF5 which is a hybrid amp with a solid-state output stage and presumably very low output impedance. I have experimented with the input stage 12AU7 in the Hifiman and although I can change the tonal balance quite a lot, that coloration is always there. Hence my suspicion it's in the headphone.
Not that it's a bad headphone! My favorite by far. But everything deviates from perfection. My wish list for the LCD-2 includes more air and high treble.
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.post #2557 of 88132/22/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
She said ok for the wood
Might get me a cognac first !!!!
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/22/14 at 12:19pmpost #2558 of 88132/22/14 at 4:50pmpost #2559 of 88132/24/14 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.
smart manpost #2560 of 88132/24/14 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQonQuote:
The point of summit-fi is so more shilling and overhyped/over-rated products can become more popular from various manufacturers on this forum. You should know the ground rule for Head-fi now.
MOAR is BETTAR, you know.
I think you are being a bit harsh, but I know where you are coming from. On the other hand there are literally thousands of posters here, so it serves a useful purpose to segregate discussions into categories, however arbitrary they might seem.post #2561 of 88132/24/14 at 3:17pmThese sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.Quote:post #2562 of 88132/24/14 at 3:20pmpost #2563 of 88132/24/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
These sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.
Congrats. Went with the 2's instead of the X's after the meet? Your KSA5 clone did seem to have a lot of juice for the LCD's.post #2564 of 88132/24/14 at 4:59pmThanks! Yes, after hearing both and then listening to yours for a while I found that I did not find the difference up top substantial and I felt I preferred the bottom end on the 2s...they moved me. I ran into a discounted pair (new display model from a dealer) that I could not let pass by.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 29 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › where to buy quality headphone driver/s ? 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Discussion for 2016 Florida meet 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 5 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...