LCD XXX you mean
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 171
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 36192/22/14 at 2:31am
Stop giving him ideas. I guess a suitable title for the film would be something along the lines "The Wife and Wood featuring star act TotonJOK and the irrestible wood lube polish".
LOL sorry I've got half a bottle of cognac in me.post #2553 of 36192/22/14 at 4:00ampost #2554 of 36192/22/14 at 5:00ampost #2555 of 36192/22/14 at 9:33am
i pop by to say ...
LCD2 is the only can i fell in love with from day 1...when it was plugged into my setup.
Every occasion its on duty, i LOVE that intoxicating sound. Rubs me the right way..
I didnt bother with the newer offerings from Audenz.post #2556 of 36192/22/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by bpengQuote:
I hear it the most on the Hifiman EF5 which is a hybrid amp with a solid-state output stage and presumably very low output impedance. I have experimented with the input stage 12AU7 in the Hifiman and although I can change the tonal balance quite a lot, that coloration is always there. Hence my suspicion it's in the headphone.
Not that it's a bad headphone! My favorite by far. But everything deviates from perfection. My wish list for the LCD-2 includes more air and high treble.
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.post #2557 of 36192/22/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
She said ok for the wood
Might get me a cognac first !!!!
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/22/14 at 12:19pmpost #2558 of 36192/22/14 at 4:50pmpost #2559 of 36192/24/14 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.
smart manpost #2560 of 36192/24/14 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQonQuote:
The point of summit-fi is so more shilling and overhyped/over-rated products can become more popular from various manufacturers on this forum. You should know the ground rule for Head-fi now.
MOAR is BETTAR, you know.
I think you are being a bit harsh, but I know where you are coming from. On the other hand there are literally thousands of posters here, so it serves a useful purpose to segregate discussions into categories, however arbitrary they might seem.post #2561 of 36192/24/14 at 3:17pmThese sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.Quote:post #2562 of 36192/24/14 at 3:20pmpost #2563 of 36192/24/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
These sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.
Congrats. Went with the 2's instead of the X's after the meet? Your KSA5 clone did seem to have a lot of juice for the LCD's.post #2564 of 36192/24/14 at 4:59pmThanks! Yes, after hearing both and then listening to yours for a while I found that I did not find the difference up top substantial and I felt I preferred the bottom end on the 2s...they moved me. I ran into a discounted pair (new display model from a dealer) that I could not let pass by.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 10 seconds ago
- › Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV 27 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted:... 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones with amp $400 dollar budget 3 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB 250 ohm DT 990 Driver 6 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)