LCD XXX you mean
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 91132/22/14 at 2:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 91132/22/14 at 2:31am
Stop giving him ideas. I guess a suitable title for the film would be something along the lines "The Wife and Wood featuring star act TotonJOK and the irrestible wood lube polish".
LOL sorry I've got half a bottle of cognac in me.post #2553 of 91132/22/14 at 4:00ampost #2554 of 91132/22/14 at 5:00ampost #2555 of 91132/22/14 at 9:33am
i pop by to say ...
LCD2 is the only can i fell in love with from day 1...when it was plugged into my setup.
Every occasion its on duty, i LOVE that intoxicating sound. Rubs me the right way..
I didnt bother with the newer offerings from Audenz.post #2556 of 91132/22/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by bpengQuote:
I hear it the most on the Hifiman EF5 which is a hybrid amp with a solid-state output stage and presumably very low output impedance. I have experimented with the input stage 12AU7 in the Hifiman and although I can change the tonal balance quite a lot, that coloration is always there. Hence my suspicion it's in the headphone.
Not that it's a bad headphone! My favorite by far. But everything deviates from perfection. My wish list for the LCD-2 includes more air and high treble.
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.post #2557 of 91132/22/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
She said ok for the wood
Might get me a cognac first !!!!
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/22/14 at 12:19pmpost #2558 of 91132/22/14 at 4:50pmpost #2559 of 91132/24/14 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.
smart manpost #2560 of 91132/24/14 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQonQuote:
The point of summit-fi is so more shilling and overhyped/over-rated products can become more popular from various manufacturers on this forum. You should know the ground rule for Head-fi now.
MOAR is BETTAR, you know.
I think you are being a bit harsh, but I know where you are coming from. On the other hand there are literally thousands of posters here, so it serves a useful purpose to segregate discussions into categories, however arbitrary they might seem.post #2561 of 91132/24/14 at 3:17pmThese sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.Quote:post #2562 of 91132/24/14 at 3:20pmpost #2563 of 91132/24/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
These sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.
Congrats. Went with the 2's instead of the X's after the meet? Your KSA5 clone did seem to have a lot of juice for the LCD's.post #2564 of 91132/24/14 at 4:59pmThanks! Yes, after hearing both and then listening to yours for a while I found that I did not find the difference up top substantial and I felt I preferred the bottom end on the 2s...they moved me. I ran into a discounted pair (new display model from a dealer) that I could not let pass by.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 4 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 23 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...