LCD XXX you mean
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 83012/22/14 at 2:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 83012/22/14 at 2:31am
Stop giving him ideas. I guess a suitable title for the film would be something along the lines "The Wife and Wood featuring star act TotonJOK and the irrestible wood lube polish".
LOL sorry I've got half a bottle of cognac in me.post #2553 of 83012/22/14 at 4:00ampost #2554 of 83012/22/14 at 5:00ampost #2555 of 83012/22/14 at 9:33am
i pop by to say ...
LCD2 is the only can i fell in love with from day 1...when it was plugged into my setup.
Every occasion its on duty, i LOVE that intoxicating sound. Rubs me the right way..
I didnt bother with the newer offerings from Audenz.post #2556 of 83012/22/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by bpengQuote:
I hear it the most on the Hifiman EF5 which is a hybrid amp with a solid-state output stage and presumably very low output impedance. I have experimented with the input stage 12AU7 in the Hifiman and although I can change the tonal balance quite a lot, that coloration is always there. Hence my suspicion it's in the headphone.
Not that it's a bad headphone! My favorite by far. But everything deviates from perfection. My wish list for the LCD-2 includes more air and high treble.
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.post #2557 of 83012/22/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
She said ok for the wood
Might get me a cognac first !!!!
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/22/14 at 12:19pmpost #2558 of 83012/22/14 at 4:50pmpost #2559 of 83012/24/14 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.
smart manpost #2560 of 83012/24/14 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQonQuote:
The point of summit-fi is so more shilling and overhyped/over-rated products can become more popular from various manufacturers on this forum. You should know the ground rule for Head-fi now.
MOAR is BETTAR, you know.
I think you are being a bit harsh, but I know where you are coming from. On the other hand there are literally thousands of posters here, so it serves a useful purpose to segregate discussions into categories, however arbitrary they might seem.post #2561 of 83012/24/14 at 3:17pmThese sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.Quote:post #2562 of 83012/24/14 at 3:20pmpost #2563 of 83012/24/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
These sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.
Congrats. Went with the 2's instead of the X's after the meet? Your KSA5 clone did seem to have a lot of juice for the LCD's.post #2564 of 83012/24/14 at 4:59pmThanks! Yes, after hearing both and then listening to yours for a while I found that I did not find the difference up top substantial and I felt I preferred the bottom end on the 2s...they moved me. I ran into a discounted pair (new display model from a dealer) that I could not let pass by.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 23 seconds ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 5 minutes ago
- › She is M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse