LCD XXX you mean
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 83782/22/14 at 2:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 83782/22/14 at 2:31am
Stop giving him ideas. I guess a suitable title for the film would be something along the lines "The Wife and Wood featuring star act TotonJOK and the irrestible wood lube polish".
LOL sorry I've got half a bottle of cognac in me.post #2553 of 83782/22/14 at 4:00ampost #2554 of 83782/22/14 at 5:00ampost #2555 of 83782/22/14 at 9:33am
i pop by to say ...
LCD2 is the only can i fell in love with from day 1...when it was plugged into my setup.
Every occasion its on duty, i LOVE that intoxicating sound. Rubs me the right way..
I didnt bother with the newer offerings from Audenz.post #2556 of 83782/22/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by bpengQuote:
I hear it the most on the Hifiman EF5 which is a hybrid amp with a solid-state output stage and presumably very low output impedance. I have experimented with the input stage 12AU7 in the Hifiman and although I can change the tonal balance quite a lot, that coloration is always there. Hence my suspicion it's in the headphone.
Not that it's a bad headphone! My favorite by far. But everything deviates from perfection. My wish list for the LCD-2 includes more air and high treble.
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.post #2557 of 83782/22/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
She said ok for the wood
Might get me a cognac first !!!!
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/22/14 at 12:19pmpost #2558 of 83782/22/14 at 4:50pmpost #2559 of 83782/24/14 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Exactly why I went to LCD3. So far after hundreds of hours listening on Schiit stack M/G thru Silver Widow just as much in love as first infatuation. Just cannot get excited about getting anything else. It is very nice to just be happy with what I have and listen blissfully.
smart manpost #2560 of 83782/24/14 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQonQuote:
The point of summit-fi is so more shilling and overhyped/over-rated products can become more popular from various manufacturers on this forum. You should know the ground rule for Head-fi now.
MOAR is BETTAR, you know.
I think you are being a bit harsh, but I know where you are coming from. On the other hand there are literally thousands of posters here, so it serves a useful purpose to segregate discussions into categories, however arbitrary they might seem.post #2561 of 83782/24/14 at 3:17pmThese sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.Quote:post #2562 of 83782/24/14 at 3:20pmpost #2563 of 83782/24/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
These sound even better than when I first heard them at a meet. In a quiet room, it's scary how nice they sound when driven with my KSA5 clone. .......I don't want to take these off.......ever.
I've grown very used to my HD558 and these really don't have too much of a different coloration to me...I'm personally not finding them dark in comparison. The bass on the other hand, is an extraordinary improvement.
Congrats. Went with the 2's instead of the X's after the meet? Your KSA5 clone did seem to have a lot of juice for the LCD's.post #2564 of 83782/24/14 at 4:59pmThanks! Yes, after hearing both and then listening to yours for a while I found that I did not find the difference up top substantial and I felt I preferred the bottom end on the 2s...they moved me. I ran into a discounted pair (new display model from a dealer) that I could not let pass by.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 12 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A3 (DIY triple hybrid) Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for recommendations for a DIY cable 3 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...